cpoxon

$388M Powerball winner from Zephyrhills!

Snowwhite

TK, you out there?

"...and on this day 40 years ago, hit the Powerball and held the only winning ticket, paying over a half billion dollars before taxes. The local businessman departed the next day and was never seen around these parts again. ~ Zephyrhills News, Community History Section, 18 May 2053."

muff528

TK, you out there?

"...and on this day 40 years ago, hit the Powerball and held the only winning ticket, paying over a half billion dollars before taxes. The local businessman departed the next day and was never seen around these parts again. ~ Zephyrhills News, Community History Section, 18 May 2053."

:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SARLDO

Skydiver - it looks that way.

Going to be a good summer of jumping and partying for that guy, then it'll be back to packing for food money next year...

A skydiving version of Brewster's Millions, but with out the big payout at the end?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ianmdrennan

I believe the gentleman's name is "Wally"? Say some picture on facebook with news crew and the winner.

See 1st and 7th post.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1485904_So__I_have_started_the_most_out_of_control_rumor_I_have_ever_started__lottery_related_.html

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

What is the actual amount that person gets? I'm under the impression that in that lottery you can either choose to get the money over certain amount of decades (the jackpot) or you can choose to get some smaller lump sum immediately.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

What is the actual amount that person gets? I'm under the impression that in that lottery you can either choose to get the money over certain amount of decades (the jackpot) or you can choose to get some smaller lump sum immediately.

Enough to look really silly if you blow it all on stupid stuff in 5 years ;) Sadly been done many times.

Cash option is roughly 350 million minus 25% federal tax and whatever the state takes... usually around 5%

So... only about a quarter billion B|
Owned by Remi #?

ianmdrennan

I believe the gentleman's name is "Wally"? Say some picture on facebook with news crew and the winner.

WALLY!!!!! We used to watch his jumping videos.

Might have to give a call to "that dz" and ask to talk with my old friend Wally Gubbins. B|

Hard to run a business when the parking lot and phone line's are backed up.
R
One Jump Wonder

labrys

Cash option is roughly 350 million minus 25% federal tax and whatever the state takes... usually around 5%

So... only about a quarter billion B|

The IRS only withholds 25% initially, but there's really no way of getting around the maximum Federal income tax rate of 39.6%, (it will be a little below that because of the graduated tax rate). Florida doesn't have a State income tax.
What if the Bible had been written by Stephen King?

with that much money, all you have to do is get a good tax lawyer to find out how to finagle the tax thing. i knew a guy once that won the lottery and ended up with some serious shit to avoid the bulk of the taxes. he told me what all he did once, but it could have been bs, i don't know.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure but I seem to recall reading that on one of the very few tickets I've ever bought.

Makes sense, but still sucks for the winner. No anonymity, and with that kind of cash the vultures are going to be hounding him until he's broke or a recluse.

:(

Performance Designs Factory Team