Meso

Geoguessr - Post your score

[url "http://www.geoguessr.com?v=eyJ0b3RhbFBvaW50cyI6MTEzMTMsInZlcnNpb24iOjEsInJvdW5kcyI6W1sicm91bmQiLCJsYXQiLCJsbmciLCJnTGF0IiwiZ0xuZyIsImNMYXQiLFtudWxsXSwiY0xuZyIsW251bGxdLCJwb2ludHMiXSxbMSw0NS41NjE4ODcsLTY0LjI5MjcyNDAwMDAwMDAyLDUzLjEyMDQwNTI4MzEwNjU3LC0xLjU4MjAzMTI1LDAsMCwxNTU5XSxbMiw0MS40NjQ5OSwtNzEuMTkxNzExLDQzLjcwNzU5MzUwNDA1Mjk0LC03MS41NDI5Njg3NSwwLDAsMjcwNF0sWzMsNTguMjk5NSwtMTM0LjQwNzY5Myw1OS4xMzA4NjMwOTcyNTU5MDQsLTE1Ni43NTI5Mjk2ODc1LDAsMCwyMDk2XSxbNCw1MC41NDA1NDQsMzAuMzUyNzk5MDAwMDAwMDA1LDQ5LjIxMDQyMDQ0NTY1MDI4NiwzMi4xNjc5Njg3NSwwLDAsMjgwMF0sWzUsMzkuMjgyMjQ0LC05Mi42MjE3MzQsMzEuMTI4MTk5Mjk5MTExOTYsLTk5LjA1MjczNDM3NSwwLDAsMjE1NF1dLCJpc0NoYWxsZW5nZSI6ZmFsc2UsImNoYWxsZW5nZVNjb3JlIjpudWxsfQ%3D%3D"] 11,313, new england and old england fucked me up :ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

my gut is usually dead on with the general location, specifics are a bit tougher.

No kidding! I keep getting remote, empty highways in Brazil, Canada and Australia and small towns in Russia. "General location" of those can be a few thousand kms away.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

-Joey-

I took your challenge: 21,500 http://www.geoguessr.com/?v=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%3D%3D

That was fun. Game can be a little tedious

**Edited by administrator to fix URL length that was causing the site layout to break.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

PS: No cheating and running off to google search.

Hey, I'm playing this on a laptop - using all the available resources isn't cheating, it is an interesting way to fill your head with useless information like "There is one 'rustic antique shop' and it is located @ Navajo blvd in Holbrook AZ according to their facebook page" or "Lewiston MT has a Yogo-inn AND a Central Feed Co Scale House" B|:)Anyway, my top score after 4 or 5 complete rounds (5 x per round) is 30744 :P

Yes, I know how to spot for myself. :)
I studied geography so probably I'm supposed to be better than average...

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Game finished!
You got 15639 points in total.

1st attempt.

One of them was BS though they stuck me in the middle of a frickin national forest in the middle of nowhere Australia. I drove around for like 5 minutes looking for some sort of landmark. Finally found a sign with some word that looked Australian to me, lol.

ETA: No cheating! Just drove around and found some stuff to narrow it down.

Liemberg

Anyway, my top score after 4 or 5 complete rounds (5 x per round) is 30744 :P

Yes, I know how to spot for myself. :)
I studied geography so probably I'm supposed to be better than average...

Wow... Now I'm really embarrassed by my best "cheating" score!!! :$:|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Now I'm really embarrassed by my best "cheating" score!!!

Don't be as long as you don't know how long it takes me to complete one round of geoguesrr... :)
And having 'Google Earth' installed does help a lot; once you combine what you see in the pics with google search and that program, moving back and forth between the two all you need is some determination and the mind of a geography geek. :P

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Anyone care to accept my challenge?

Challenge game finished!

You won the challenge with 16689 points against 15279.

Funny how we both misplaced a beautiful red brick Russian church a few kilometers SW of Moscow while in fact it was way to the NE... Did you miss the road sign towards Milagres / Bahia - Brasil? Note to self: A road sign that points you to Milagres is not the same as actually being in Milagres :)
the score

A thousand words...

Liemberg

Anyone care to accept my challenge?

Challenge game finished!

You won the challenge with 16689 points against 15279.

Funny how we both misplaced a beautiful red brick Russian church a few kilometers SW of Moscow while in fact it was way to the NE... Did you miss the road sign towards Milagres / Bahia - Brasil? Note to self: A road sign that points you to Milagres is not the same as actually being in Milagres :)
the score

I put that church in Serbia. Trying to be too cute, I think. That one did not have much in the way of clues (or mobility).
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"