wmw999

Lucky colonoscopy appointment

Bet you never thought you'd hear that combination of words together :D:D:DStory

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Pff. it would have come out on its own sooner or later...

having had a colonoscopy, I was thinking it's amazing that stone withstood the onslaught of that gallon of goo you drink the night before to flush your system. I've never felt so . . . spic 'n span in my life. :S:D

having had a colonoscopy, I was thinking it's amazing that stone withstood the onslaught of that gallon of goo you drink the night before to flush your system. I've never felt so . . . spic 'n span in my life. :S:D

Did you get the "MoviPrep"?:S
Dave Barry's description of the flavor is dead-on accurate:

Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons.) Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes -- and here I am being kind -- like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

Ref: http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/02/11/v-fullstory/427603/dave-barry-a-journey-into-my-colon.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just about broke even on paying for the colonoscopy.

I wonder if she got an extra intensive exam. It had to be challenging.

Did the doctor get a "finder's" fee?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm calling bullshit on at least part of the story because the prep for the colonoscopy would have eliminated the diamond from the digestive tract at least 12 hours before she would have seen the doctor.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Did you get the "MoviPrep"?:S
Dave Barry's description of the flavor is dead-on accurate:

Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons.) Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes -- and here I am being kind -- like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

Ref: http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/02/11/v-fullstory/427603/dave-barry-a-journey-into-my-colon.html

Movi prep, yummy. Don't understand how they came up with that name, or why they can't do something about the odor of the concentrate or the taste of the mixture.

But it is what is. When we go to the pharmacy to pick up the big white box , we always ask the pharmacist or tech if they want to go to the movie with us, and if the script if refillable. :o:S

I can hardly wait until June for my next scope job. I aready know they are looking forward to seeing a Offical card carrying Ass hole. I learned that when your in a small room with two female medical pro's and your knocked out to keep my pie hole shut, because they will get even. B|

Lets all go to the movi:)
One Jump Wonder

I wonder if she got an extra intensive exam.

A coworker complained on and on about having two procedures done the same day, the colonoscopy and the down-the-throat one. Finally I asked "Wow, did they meet in the middle like the first trans-continental railroad?":P

When they were trying to figure out why I was having so many gastric issues like ending up aspirating stomach acid in the middle of the night and waking up choking to death.. I got both in one day... esophago-gastroduodenoscopy and then the colonoscopy.
I told them that as long as they did the endoscopy first I was good to go. :ph34r:

A coworker complained on and on about having two procedures done the same day, the colonoscopy and the down-the-throat one. Finally I asked "Wow, did they meet in the middle like the first trans-continental railroad?":P

Same double-whammy only one before the other.
I told the Doc, "Don't get the tubes mixed up."

Really cool doc, though. He gave me demerol and said, "Let me know if it hurts. I'll give you some more."
After the fourth hit, I told him, "Dat's IT! I'm goooooood. Take my leg off if you have to. I don't care." Then I went out like a light.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Really cool doc, though. He gave me demerol and said, "Let me know if it hurts. I'll give you some more."
After the fourth hit, I told him, "Dat's IT! I'm goooooood. Take my leg off if you have to. I don't care." Then I went out like a light.

We have had the pleasure of being scoped by 5 or docs with a 80 percent success rate.

The one Dr was a real ass hole that was hurting me enough that my wife could me screaming in the the waiting . The dude runing the scope tells me to stop yelling and I was awake enough to yell back to stop hurting me

They were nice enough to send me a card a yr later to remind me it was time for a redo. Sure:S

Anyone got a video of their

procedure

?
One Jump Wonder

:D:D:D I've had the procedure twice, but I don't remember Jack. :S

The first time was twilight sedative and they said the doc and I talked politics the whole time. Damn, I wish I had a tape of that. Or maybe I'm really glad I don't. . . :D

Second time, full out. Woke up happy and hungry. :)

I would say Choo! Choo!, but I would venture to say, there was no chew, chew for a day or two before this! [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Snowwhite

I had 5 in a years time. I have LOTS of pictures, but no video. Lucky for me, I have a great doc, and he is really good. So far, so good.

:)
Still reading your posts!!!!
C

5 ?? Dare I ask???
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."