ianmdrennan

Medical Insurance (must cover skydiving) suggestions?

So I'm making some changes in work and I'll be losing insurance, so I need to replace it.

I was hoping some of you had experience, or suggestions, with good medical insurance that covers skydiving injuries (if need be) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

At Sun & Fun, I talked to a Falcon Insurance aircraft guy asking about skydiving and he gave me a contact name. I don't remember if this guy is the underwriter or just knows the underwriter but this will give you a start.

Jack Harrison
Cell: 972-369-6647

He's in Texas if IIRC.

Let us know how it goes.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've never had a problem with United Health Care (so far). I also had Golden Rule for awhile and there was no exclusion for skydiving.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

oldwomanc6

***Oh, Plan B

Join the military.
Get honorable

You're covered start to finish.
:D:D:D

I'm assuming he is also looking for family coverage beyond active duty. ;)

Nope. The joke didn't include family.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Go to www.ehealthinsurance.com and shop around. I've used them twice with no problems between insurances when not covered when my husband switched jobs. They will give you all kinds of options regarding plans of all companies all over the place.

We have Capitol Blue Cross, and when he broke his back skydiving, other than the usual copays/coinsurances, no issues at all with things getting paid. They also send a check quickly for out of pocket costs (he sees a therapist now that does not take insurance but is very good, but the reimburse a fair amount of the costs).

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Read the fine print. Look for exclusions. Look for annual and lifetime limits. Those things will be very relevant if you wind up with a very serious injury.

Your best bet may be to find a good insurance broker who knows the carriers in your area and will work with you to help you understand what's best for your needs. You can get general recommendations, but every plan in every state is going to vary, so even if one person covered by Plan X has a certain type of benefits, you may not. Which is why you have to look at the fine print. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke