l_ek0

Dropzone parties, what to expect?

Newbie here curious about what to expect at dropzone parties and after hours at the dropzone. Any comments or insights welcome, especially about skydive dallas. I'm also curious to know how welcome newbies are at these things.

l_ek0

Newbie here curious about what to expect at dropzone parties and after hours at the dropzone. Any comments or insights welcome, especially about skydive dallas. I'm also curious to know how welcome newbies are at these things.

n00bs are welcome...as long as they bring beer. It's the 'cover charge' ! ;)

The will be a lot of discussion regarding current events & affairs of the state.

Speaking of affairs...it's always best to bring your girlfriend along too...:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

***Newbie here curious about what to expect at dropzone parties and after hours at the dropzone. Any comments or insights welcome, especially about skydive dallas. I'm also curious to know how welcome newbies are at these things.

n00bs are welcome...as long as they bring beer. It's the 'cover charge'

Ymmv depending on gender:o

Speaking of affairs...it's always best to bring your girlfriend along too...:)

Some drunk jumpers are the same as any other drunk pig. They still don'
Understand what NO means. So depending on your gender be prepared to protect your honor or just party hardee.

Drinking and driving kills. If you cant hold your booze crash at the dz on a couch and not on the road.

R
One Jump Wonder

l_ek0

Same thing you'd expect at any other party:

To be treated like an equal until some drunken asshole gets out of line.

Then, you can either:
1- ignore it and find the jumpers that are NOT assholes.
2- Start a fight (which means you belong with the crowd youre standing with)
3- ignore it and find the jumpers that are NOt assholes. and take it up with the dipshit when you're both sober.

But, Bring beer, a fun attitude and a light heart. You'll be fine.
I think you'll find out pretty quickly that some people just like to hear themselves talk (Kinda like Im doing now)
Some just want to be heard and others will keep you interested in the things they say because they're sincere about whatever they talk about.

Its the same as any other party. we just start off talking about a different subject.
My photos

My Videos

There are some 'Rules' of sort that a n00b should be made aware of in order to make the experience less traumatic...so to speak.

I'll start the list & hopefully others will add to it:

1. ~ Never try to out drink the old guy with the 'Gultch' hat and the 'HERD' tee-shirt...it's a bad idea & won't end well for you!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

There are some 'Rules' of sort that a n00b should be made aware of in order to make the experience less traumatic...so to speak.

1. ~ Never try to out drink the old guy with the 'Gultch' hat and the 'HERD' tee-shirt...it's a bad idea & won't end well for you!

2) Never try and stoke the bonfire by throwing in a gallon of Jet-A fuel.

i actually learned how to pack after hours with lots of beer. we would pack it, pop it, and pack it again until i learned how to do it. of course, we would always pop it the last time. i'm a firm believer that if you can learn it drunk, it's a lot harder to forget.

airtwardo

2. Don't go with the "Suck a Toad" option. :)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

airtwardo

3) Never try and stoke the bonfire by throwing in a gallon of Jet-A fuel.

Festus

Never try to Jump Over the fire - Ever.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

+1000

turtlespeed

Never fall asleep or pass out with your shoes on.
Always put your gear away before the shenanigans start (depending on the dz, possibility of theft, probability of beer or puke getting all over it).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Never fall asleep or pass out with your shoes on.

Doesn't that mark the difference between falling asleep and passing out? Falling asleep = shoes off. Passing out = shoes on?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

david3

+1000

Never try to pet a burning dog.

david3

+1000

AVGAS is a lot worse than Jet A fuel, specially if you're using it to start the fire, you're hammered and it takes a few minutes to get your lighter to work = very large ball of flame = no eyelashes, no eyebrows and no nose hairs.:P

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

airtwardo

dont whiz on the electric fence
gravity brings me down.........