promise5

3,200 mile road trip?

I agree with the people who say it's good to limit yourself to 8-10 hour days...

I did a solo 1700 mile trip from New Brunswick (Canada) to ZHills once... On the way there, I stopped only to fuel up. It took something like 35 hours, give or take an hour (it was a long time ago). This turned out to be an extremely retarded way to travel... Not only was it dangerous but I was so exhausted on my arrival that I slept for about 2 days straight... :S

On the way back, I planned to do the trip over 4 days. It actually worked out the same in terms of "days wasted," except that the experience was so much nicer (not to mention safer), and I got to see/do a little bit of stuff in each place (restaurants, bit of sight-seeing, etc). I discovered that the journey can be as much part of the holiday as the destination.

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

What is the name of the town that has all the license plates posted on a sign/wall coming into or leaving town? Was that Fort Nelson or Lake Watson? or something like those. Its places like those that gave me a creepy feeling.:S I suppose it didn't help when one of the people I was traveling with at the time said they were from vehicles of people that had disappeared.

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

What is the name of the town that has all the license plates posted on a sign/wall coming into or leaving town? Was that Fort Nelson or Lake Watson? or something like those. Its places like those that gave me a creepy feeling.:S I suppose it didn't help when one of the people I was traveling with at the time said they were from vehicles of people that had disappeared.

That would be Watson Lake.... I tend to A V O I D man made attractions like that..... eeesh. Also.. your buddies knew they had a guppy on... and played it to the hook line and sinker with that story:ph34r::ph34r:

And good ole Ft Nelson with the local cop that must have been trying out for the Georgia State Troopers ... same mentality.. and REALLLY did not like Americans on HIS road...

You going to camp or motels? Lots of places to camp on the Al-Can. The old gravel pits are the best, less mosquitoes. Why not just take the ferry. You can book a room or tent on the fan tail.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Your biggest problem will be getting stuck behind hundreds of old geezers driving slow moving Winnebagos going the same direction you are. That might not be a bad thing - the price of gas is $6.00 a gallon or more, you'll get better mileage at slower speeds.

Have a great trip!