Unstable

Black Skydivers - Okay folks, games up....

Tiger is to busy playing golf, he cant keep current....:)

Nah, I heard it's because his wife doesn't like to share... :ph34r:

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

There's a really hot guy that jumps at Spaceland. He's a lurker on dz.com. I'd post pics, but I promised him I wouldn't. They're a little, uh... Not postable... :$

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

My best friend Nate who jumps at Orange in VA. We went thru the student program together. Nate got his coach rating a couple of years ago and is a very active jumper. We have gone to a couple of boogies together and gets really excited when he sees another balck jumper. nate is agreat guy and a ton of fun to hang out with. He can design a mean Pimp glass for drinking. Once on the way back from a boogie me and nate stopped at this little redneck diner for a bite to eat. When we walked in the waitress told us "we don't serve black people" Without missing a beat Nate says to the waitress "that's good because I don't eat them". Some of my most memorable jumps have been with Nate. The man has mad skillz. In fact I am calling him now to let him know about this thread. he will get a good laugh, he has a great sense of humor when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm just keeping it real because that's just the way I roll.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

You do realize 'minorities' is not just black people right?

In my country; minorities are white people.
During my 3 active skydiving years I've known 3 skydivers of color, only one of which had more than 100 jumps and he is exclusively a military jumper.

I doubt there are many countries where skydiving demographics can be accurately scaled to population demographics. Economics and culture play a larger part.

....Where are they!?! No seriously, I mean, are they all hiding somewhere we can't find them?

To keep club and nonprofit status, our lil' DZ does a bunch of this diversity paperwork stuff, and I had to spend the evening answering questions like "What does your organization do to include various Minorities?" et cetera.

No I just realized what a bunch of white kids we are. Okay, so where are all the African American Skydivers jumping?!?!

I know, like, Mary from Couch Freaks, the dude with the Racer, and the video guy from Rantoul a coupla years back.....

Only met one. At SSC. Nice guy. James. He went in on the same load I was on. Took the last pic of him in his life. Pre jump. Sad. I donno. [:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

My best friend Nate who jumps at Orange in VA. We went thru the student program together. Nate got his coach rating a couple of years ago and is a very active jumper. We have gone to a couple of boogies together and gets really excited when he sees another balck jumper. nate is agreat guy and a ton of fun to hang out with. He can design a mean Pimp glass for drinking. Once on the way back from a boogie me and nate stopped at this little redneck diner for a bite to eat. When we walked in the waitress told us "we don't serve black people" Without missing a beat Nate says to the waitress "that's good because I don't eat them". Some of my most memorable jumps have been with Nate. The man has mad skillz. In fact I am calling him now to let him know about this thread. he will get a good laugh, he has a great sense of humor when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm just keeping it real because that's just the way I roll.

I was wondering when Black Velvet was going to show up in this thread.

No it is not true. It's just a funny story leading up to a good punch line. Nate was making a joke when we stopped at a diner, as we were walking in the place he amde a joke about them not serving black people and what he would say if that was the case but it wasn't. The people were real friendly. It was a little local joint filled with locals.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

There's a really hot guy that jumps at Spaceland. He's a lurker on dz.com. I'd post pics, but I promised him I wouldn't. They're a little, uh... Not postable..

mmmm.....i'm having fond memories of TX now. :P:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

There's a really hot guy that jumps at Spaceland. He's a lurker on dz.com. I'd post pics, but I promised him I wouldn't. They're a little, uh... Not postable..

mmmm.....i'm having fond memories of TX now. :P:)

Does his name start with a G? ;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Ladies and Gentlemen may I have your attention please!

Introducing: One Black Skydiver,.....Nate!!!!

Please hold your applause. He has been in the sport just a lil while about 5 years and jumped in about 30 places and has wondered within himself where are all the other black skydivers. When asked about it he says:

"I hear about other black skydivers but never see them". In all honestly though I do know six other black skydivers, but one of them is my wife. I have tried and tried to get my friends to come out and jump but no luck.

In fact if I had a million dollars for everytime one of my friends said they were gonna come jump, and actually did, I'd be broke!!:ph34r:

I love skydiving so even if none of my family(except the wife), friends, co-workers etc.... will jump thats their loss. I'd be happy to show up at any DZ as long as I can get there. So then some of you all can jump with a black guy, but then you would owe beer. Maybe we could build a boogie around it.

Anyway I'll be making an appearance at Sky's the Limit this weekend, Sunday weather permitting. If not Sunday sometime next week. I'd love to meet anyone who wants to touch me...

PS. Thanks for letting me have fun with this.....:P

Blue Skies Everyone.

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440

"I hear about other black skydivers but never see them". In all honestly though I do know six other black skydivers, but one of them is my wife. I have tried and tried to get my friends to come out and jump but no luck.

I'd love to meet anyone who wants to touch me...

PS. Thanks for letting me have fun with this.....:P

Blue Skies Everyone.

you need to get to Elsinore, there are a few similarly camoflaged jumpers out there:)2 of them are also exceptionally HOT:$
Hi Dee and Loryn:)

It's odd, I have nly jumped in the states a 2 times (maybe 50 jumps total), and i have jumped with and seen about 5 dark skined skydivers
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Damn Nate there you go again using race to get free jumps! I recommend jumping with Nate, he is lots of fun and very safe. I can't believe you are trying to talk someone into building a boogie around you. Damn you have no shame when it comes to free jumps and that's what I like about you. Oh if you are skully brother #1 then I must be #1A. If anyone wants to become a skully brother hit either me or nate up and we will let you know what you need to do. Of course we do the initiation jumps at Nate's boogie. I think we should call it The Black Velvet Boogie. I can bring the chicken (don't get upset people it's an inside joke between me and nate).
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

when I started jumping in 1983 at Cuba MO there was very experince black Skydiver real Nice guy...Andrew Williams....from Columbia MO.

We were jumping cowboys caravan 208 at Spatra IL and following weekend Andrew was in Atlanta on business.. He worked for IBM IIRC...and was killed in Cowboys Carvan Crash at skydive Atlanta....

I have met a few over the years. None of them stuck around long. Sharron from Monroe was around for a while. She was great, you could mess with her about race and she always had a come back.

Wow, where have I been to miss this post? I really need to get back to the DZ because I sound like a distant memory. Afterall, I was once the chocolate sauce on the Funnel Cake 4-Way team. ;)

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

At Chicks Rock this year I met a beautiful young
British woman of African heritage named Cathy Anne, several hundred jumps, I believe. Not African-American, but "a person of colour" if that is an acceptable term.

Over the years, I've known just a few black jumpers, a smaller number than representative of the population.

PS. Thanks for letting me have fun with this.....

NATE.... dude...you've suddenly inspired me.

Come back to AerOhio this year. We can do a 3-way (a black man, a one-armed man, and a lesbian.)

I seriously challenge ANY other DZ to put one of those together for 2009. B|
Owned by Remi #?