Low flight

Flat-hatting is a bit of a knucklehead thing to do unless it's required for the job. Sometimes required of the military and desired of air show performers, but in general has killed a lot of folks.

Awesome to see sometimes, but always leave yourself an out.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ron

Not as impressive, but I think it is cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3JGwMLJ3w

Back in Northern IN when I was ~20 and taking flying lessons, a couple guys had a "Breezy" at the same airport. One of them gave me a ride in it once, and that was about the way we flew. It was like sitting on a park bench going through the sky. We had to climb a bit when we reached the edges of fields in order to clear the tree rows that divided the fields.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

a couple guys had a "Breezy" at the same airport. One of them gave me a ride in it once, and that was about the way we flew.

This plane is a Challenger II clipped wing. It was the first plane I owned and except for the two stroke engine, it was awesome.

Lake off and land in about 300 feet, cruise about 85-90 mph. It was a two place so I could fly with my wife. And it was very light on the controls.

I never really trusted the two stroke, so I sold it and bought a Citabria. There are days that I miss the little Challenger.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron

a couple guys had a "Breezy" at the same airport. One of them gave me a ride in it once, and that was about the way we flew.

This plane is a Challenger II clipped wing. It was the first plane I owned and except for the two stroke engine, it was awesome.

Lake off and land in about 300 feet, cruise about 85-90 mph. It was a two place so I could fly with my wife. And it was very light on the controls.

I never really trusted the two stroke, so I sold it and bought a Citabria. There are days that I miss the little Challenger.

Isn't the Breezy built from a Citabria wing?
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I was subject to very low passes by this guy some many years ago, in each of these planes. The Sea Fury low pass was particularly scary with that huge prop just a few feet overhead.

www.flickr.com/photos/iron-duke/8349576784/
1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/EwingBill/6489.htm

He died in a P51 crash in 1977. I guess it was just a matter of time.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ryoder

***Not as impressive, but I think it is cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3JGwMLJ3w

Back in Northern IN when I was ~20 and taking flying lessons, a couple guys had a "Breezy" at the same airport. One of them gave me a ride in it once, and that was about the way we flew. It was like sitting on a park bench going through the sky. We had to climb a bit when we reached the edges of fields in order to clear the tree rows that divided the fields.:D

Was probably Carl Unger. He built the original Breezy (which now hangs in the museum at Oshkosh). I've had a bunch of rides in it, and in his "new" one.

The wings are from a Piper PA12.

www.google.com/search?q=carl+unger+breezy&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ype8UZ-nJojm8QSzxYCgCw&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1120&bih=582

Carl is quite deaf now but still an active pilot. He's based at Bult Field, in Monee, IL, but comes to my home base at KIGQ for coffee most days.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That second plane is a MiG 15 - Fagot. It is a plane that the DPRNK still flies as trainers. Lol
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them