Calvin19

Ohio air show wing walking crash.

Jane Wicker and Charlie Schwenker

Jane had been doing that act for probably 15 years, she was an amazing women.

I've seen the act a lot, I think the AC just stalled out on that side she was sitting on. They 'seemed' to be flying slower than I'd seen in the past...and it was hot.

Tragic loss for the families & the Airshow industry.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Calvin19

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/125661-ohio-air-show-crash-and-deaths-shows-risks-of-wing-walking-video/

Vivid. Sad.

my guess after a few youtube views:
If it was not pilot incapacitated, it looks like it could be elevator control failure.

Very sad indeed. I think he was going too slow for this type of maneuver and the plane stalled. Had he been higher...

npgraphicdesign

***http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/125661-ohio-air-show-crash-and-deaths-shows-risks-of-wing-walking-video/

Vivid. Sad.

If it was not pilot incapacitated, it looks like it could be elevator control failure.

Very sad indeed. I think he was going too slow for this type of maneuver and the plane stalled. Had he been higher...

Too slow is the key...

Higher & it wouldn't have been an airshow act...not to mention a spin recovery would have lost the wingwalker anyway.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

We're all in a pretty risky sport here. I respect their decision to keep doing what they loved despite the risks. Most of the experienced skydivers I've talked to at the DZ know someone who died. Some of them know several people who died. They're practically on a first-name basis with Death. You can cower from him for your entire life, go out daring him to take you or laugh in his face when he comes, but in the end he'll still get you. There's nothing you can do about it when your time comes.

These were amazing people, and they did amazing things during their lives. I'd much rather focus on that, than how they died.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Calvin19

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/125661-ohio-air-show-crash-and-deaths-shows-risks-of-wing-walking-video/

Vivid. Sad.

Looks like a simple stall/spin
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

lawrocket

I agree with the others - it looks like a stall. Right before the left wing dips, there is a slight change in pitch and the wing stalls. It looks so quick because they're so low.

I think I agree now, watched it from the other angles. Maybe the loaded wing did not stall, but he just realized that the plane was not performing as needed and he made the decision to abort. In the photographs for the ~4 seconds you can see the elevator move to nose-up at about the same time the pitch change occurs, making me think it was a control failure. Also the transitions are very smooth. It almost looks like he changed his mind after rolling inverted and did not have the altitude to recover.
I initially did not want to think that there was an error, that act has been performed hundreds of times. They knew what they were doing. Amazing pilot and performers lost.

“There is nothing that feels more exhilarating or freer to me than the wind and sky rushing by me as the earth rolls around my head,” says the post. “I’m alive up there. To soar like a bird and touch the sky puts me in a place where I feel I totally belong. It’s the only thing I’ve done that I’ve never questioned, never hesitated about and always felt was my destiny.”

I think a bunch of us can relate. RIP Fly free
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain