JohnMitchell

What to do with old AAD's

JohnMitchell

So I have a couple of timed out AAD's sitting in some shiny aluminum boxes the new ones came in. What in the heck can you do with an old AAD? Any ideas?:)

Make a Planter

eta: since this was in the BF, I wasn't being serious, but now, evidently, there is still some value in those. Nevermind! :$
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

ryoder

But only for a year after expiry and only when buying a new unit.... something jumpers often forget when they cling to old Cypres'.

(Cutters used to be the same as the rest of the Cypres but at some point they upped the life from 12.25 years or 12.5 years, to 14.5 years. So they go a little longer.)

BigMark

I use them on the steel cables on my ultralight, the expert models are a challenge to fire. :P

Meh., just microwave them into slush and toss them away.

Or . . . just toss them in the Bonfire next time you are at the DZ.

please don't actually do this.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JohnMitchell

But only for a year after expiry and only when buying a new unit.... something jumpers often forget when they cling to old Cypres'.

Darn. Well, I guess I'll just continue to hold a Vigil for my dead AAD's. ;)B|

ArGus that's all you really can do:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

Darn. Well, I guess I'll just continue to hold a Vigil for my dead AAD's. ;)B|

ArGus that's all you really can do:P

:D:D:D Nice one, Squeaky. You're giving our Missy a run for the money. ;)

You know, I've thought of installing an old AAD on a main with spring loaded pilot chute and set it to go off at 2500 to 3000 '. I think that would be a kick to just freefall until your main opened automatically. . . B|

And yes, I'd have a ripcord backup. ;):)

JohnMitchell

You know, I've thought of installing an old AAD on a main with spring loaded pilot chute and set it to go off at 2500 to 3000 '. I think that would be a kick to just freefall until your main opened automatically. . . B|

And yes, I'd have a ripcord backup. ;):)

Skip the spring loaded pc. Skip the ripcord. Then you can practice your horseshoe malfunction emergency procedures. ;)
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving