skymama

FREE HIV Tests June 27-29

I know some of you don't have health insurance, so I thought I'd pass along these links.

National HIV Testing Day is June 27th, but I think a lot of places are extending their testing through the weekend. If you want to give yourself peace of mind because you probably shouldn't have slept with that person without a condom, well here's your chance to know if you're HIV free. Stay healthy, my friends! :)
Check the links below to see if there are free testing being done in your area.

http://hivtest.cdc.gov/press_files/Default.aspx

http://greaterthan.org/articles/walgreens-testing-2013/#.Ucm_0diwVgE
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi beautiful Skymama,

When I donate blood every other month the pre-screen sheet says "Do not donate blood to get a free AIDS test. Free AIDS tests are available upon request."

I don't know if that's just WA state or Pierce County, but I bet there's similar free testing across the country.

I have to admit my blood is so monogamous, long term, minivan pure I thought this was going to be some kind of gag post you put up. Thanks for thinking of all of us. You're a sweetheart. B|

Thanks, John and Andy, for the extra info if people can't make it to get tested this weekend. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Iago

If you go to some other countries you see HIV public education everywhere. TV ads, media ads, billboards. They say be smart, get educated, get tested, get your partner tested. In the states it's still this 'underground' thing with a massive stigma attached to people that just want to know.

I'm glad to see that's starting to change a bit.

Just wanted to address this--last time I started dating somebody we both agreed to get tested, which in my mind is the only responsible thing to do. Made an appointment w/ my PCP and she discouraged me from coming there to get tested again. According to her if I went and applied for insurance and the company saw that I had a history of being tested they would likely deny me coverage.

That is craziness. She encouraged me to go to my local health clinic and get tested there instead.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"