FlyingRhenquest

ROAD RAGE!!!!!111!11one

JohnMitchell

The most common pet peeve I have in my daily commute is where two lanes merge down to one.

I'll stay in the lane that's merging, moving slowly with the merged traffic, c^%$ blocking all those folks that think they should get to zoom past the politely merged drivers to cut into the front of the line. Why in the hell do they think they are more important than everyone else? Sure, I've pissed off a lot of zoomers, but the merged folks ALWAYS save me a place in line. ;)

Is this wrong?:D

there shouldn't be open road. I don't blame the guy moving to the end (unless he's ridiculous in his speed). I blame the people merging WAY early and leaving an empty lane over there. It's not polite to merge early, it's confusing. But I still agree with your method for different reasons.

Simple - zipper merging
1 - both people go all the way to the merge point -
2 - and alternate there

early merging early is inefficient and kinda dumb.

Your method actually helps by filling in the merging lane behind you as you slowly pull into the straight lane at the last instant. I'll do the same thing, if people are merging early in front of me, I'll pick the slot I would merge if it was my turn and stay next to it until the merge point. I'm not trying to piss off or control the budgers, I'm just not a fan of people screaming by at ridiculous speeds.

Once they ride the shoulder to budge, then that's the line that's crossed. Different issue

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

JohnMitchell

I like it. B|

I'm usually in the left lane, going as much over the limit as I think I can get away with. But I keep my rear view mirror in my scan for 2 reasons.

1- Keeping an eye out for cops, duh!:D

2- Watching for an even faster driver who wants to pass. I try to move over as soon as practical, even if I have to slow to fit into the next lane.

I've had the pleasure of driving in Europe where they go fast and appear to pay attention. Us Americans could learn a thing or two.;)

Earlier this week I was on the freeway going to the wind tunnel with Vskydiver, driving her cute little red Fiat. I moved over to let some big truck coming up pass. I didn't even look over but she said I got the bird from the guy. Really? I got out of your way, buddy.

From the size of the truck, maybe he was just upset about his penis. :P

I usually drive 80-85 during my commutes, so I'm always scanning as far ahead as I can for any vehicles that might be a state trooper, and slow down just before exit ramps as there might be one sitting on the entry ramp just beyond the bridge. But yeah, I'm always keeping an eye on the rear view mirror. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban