airdvr

Recession's been tough on Starfleet Command

Worf was down on his luck and he had to buy a used shuttlecraft...he'd
gotten a bit boozy with the Klingon bloodwine.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

My very good friend and mentor, John Jefferies and his brother Matt, were the art directors for the original Star Trek series. When the show ended they grabbed what they felt like taking home and closed shop. John's kids used to play cops and robbers with the phazers. John's Piper Chief was carpeted with the carpet from the bridge of the Enterprise.

He had the funniest stories of fans who would show up at conventions with velvet lined mahogany boxes containing some little artifact. One that he thought was absolutely insane was a styrofoam block spattered with black lacquer to give it a bit of texture. The owner treated it like the Holy Grail.

On one show where the Klingon captain was on screen they needed some sort of background for him. Their budget was very VERY small. Somebody was playing with the coffee cup covers as they were brainstorming and voila! There was their background. An array of coffee cup covers!

They were working out of the DesiLu Studios which at one time had a foundry. If you look closely you will see the wooden mock-ups for gears, cranks, pipes, etc in the passages of the Enterprise.

That's cool that somebody has uncovered this relic. It might sell at auction for a pretty sum.

jon

My very good friend and mentor, John Jefferies ...

Your photo of John Jefferies has him wearing a QB hat. That is a fairly secretive and prestigious group only open to pilots and is by invitation only. If you want to join a club that's the one to join.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

My very good friend and mentor, John Jefferies ...

Your photo of John Jefferies has him wearing a QB hat. That is a fairly secretive and prestigious group only open to pilots and is by invitation only. If you want to join a club that's the one to join.

The Quiet Birdmen are a great group.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Supposedly it's an original prop from the first movie. It's been covered and stored since at least 1992 (that's the year on the trailer plate).

The batshit crazy lady who owns it thoroughly believes its' worthover $200K. :D:D:D Where's that vid of Shatner telling trekkers they need to get a life?

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Where's that vid of Shatner telling trekkers they need to get a life?

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeS4tVFbNNk

The "get a life" part is at the 4:00 minute mark.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Where's that vid of Shatner telling trekkers they need to get a life?

A minor Star Trek trivia point. Shatner was talking to trekkies. Trekkers was a term somebody came up with some 20 years later to label the fans of the "The Next Generation" show and to distinguish them from the trekkies, who are fans of the original series.

To me the term "trekkers" is pretentious and elitist and I consider myself a diehard trekkie, even though I think The Next Generation is far superior to the original. I mean, really, it had Deanna Troi.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. Far worse than Wesley Crusher.

p.s. Then again you never heard Captain James T. Kirk say "ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP! ALL HANDS ABANDON ..."

p.s. Then again you never heard Captain James T. Kirk say "ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP! ALL HANDS ABANDON ..."

Missed "The Wrath of Khan," did ya lad?

EDIT: Whoops MY BAD!! I just looked it up to be sure and it wasn't him...

Shoot I'm going to lose trekkie trekker status :P:D:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Missed "The Wrath of Khan," did ya lad?

EDIT: Whoops MY BAD!! I just looked it up to be sure and it wasn't him...

Shoot I'm going to lose trekkie trekker status :P:D:D

Well to be fair when Kirk said it it was more like: "All...Hands...Aband..on...Ship!...All..."

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Interesting. I recall from Shatner's book on the shooting of the series that the maintenance passageways called 'Jefferies Tubes' on the ship were named after one of the guys who worked on the set. I guess that's him.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

kallend

If it was "rebuilt from scratch" how can it also be original?

Agreed. I'll bet he has over 100K invested. Could have built it from scratch for less than half that. But, I'll bet it's kind of the same as having a kit AC Cobra or a rebuilt original AC Cobra.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

jumpwally

What is the mission of the Quiet Birdmen ? Why so eletist ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_Birdmen

It's really not 'elitist' at all...it's a cool group of 'Good Ole Boys' that don't want 'That Guy' in their ranks. Ya cant talk your way in or buy your way in...they only invite those who 'Walk the Walk' B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

kallend

If it was "rebuilt from scratch" how can it also be original?

Well, I still have the original axe my great-great-grandfather used to clear the family homestead back in the 1800s.

The head wore down from repeated sharpening, so we replaced that.

And the handle broke a few times, so we've replaced that a couple times...

But it's still Great-great-grandpa's axe!

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo