JohnMitchell

Last day of work.

jimmytavino

:)

It was an honor and privilege to watch the skies all those years. All of us know what it's like to be in the air, wondering if we're gonna get back down okay. I was glad I could help those who needed it.

My brother Tommy had to stand down as well, last November when he "reached some abritrary age number "

I said he should have taken some time OFF...but he's Still AT Dulles, working for a contractor who handles ramp and tarmac traffic, etc etc.
Are those sort of opportunites available to You??/ or are you WELL set with PLENTY else to do !!???
either way..
Job Well Done...!!!B|
best wishes for the future. :)

I could go to work for a contractor, but I'll see. Vskydiver and I have done alright, so we see how it all pans out. Thanks for the warm wishes. :)

ZigZagMarquis

***Got my rocker on the front porch, big print Reader's Digest stacked up next to a big glass of Geritol. B|

Ppppppttttthhhhhhh!

The heck with that!

Buy a trailer at the DZ and become a DZ Bum!

;)

To much airplane noise.

John could end up like the lady in colorado on a crusade to save the world from airplane noise pollution.

Every into the tunnel.
One Jump Wonder

Hi John,

I could go to work for a contractor

Two weeks after I retired I did this. There are plusses and minuses to it.

If you are serious, give me a call sometime & I'll tell you more about my 3 yrs working for/being a contract consultant.

JerryBaumchen

PS) The money is definitely nice but it is a feast or famine world. :S

JohnMitchell

Every once in a while ya should get on the radio and mess with the new guys. :D:)

Hell, that's a good idea. :):):D

Contact PsychoBob and ya'll can really screw with them by taking turns being the plane. :)
Congrats and enjoy yourself till ya get bored and get another job. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

Congrats and enjoy yourself till ya get bored and get another job. :P

Hi B

Based on the last 18 yrs of real world experience:

Enjoying yourself during retirement 24/7 is a fulltime job.:)Especially if you want to max out your fun factor as efficiently as possible.

So much fun and so little time:P
One Jump Wonder

Sorry we couldn't make it up to the party... hope a great time was had by all!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Congrats! :)
Did you have a little fun on your last day!

Maybe orchestrate a few near misses to scare the bejeebus out of some pax? Route a couple of planes to the wrong airports? Send a few bug-smashers through some 747 wake turbulence?

(Nah, probably no sense of humor there.)

EatSleepFly

From a former "Amflight" pilot, thank you for your hard work and dedication, and enjoy retirement! :)

AMF . . . some of the hardest working pilots in aviation. Yep, you guys are down there in the muck and ice all the time. Really felt bad for you guys some days. :o

I think as skydivers we ALL know what it's like to be up in the air just trying to get down alive. I took that feeling with me to work everyday, and always tried to be ready to help out any pilot who needed it, no questions asked. :)

JohnMitchell

I took that feeling with me to work everyday, and always tried to be ready to help out any pilot who needed it, no questions asked. :)

"What are your intentions?" is a question. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

oldwomanc6

***How many 'last days' are you gonna have?
:P

Evidently, as many as it takes for this thread to die, and someone to start one titled "What JM Does Everyday as a Layabout." B|

I'm guessing he puts his professional experience and knowledge of the NW to good use as a contributor to the "D.B. Cooper" thread.:ph34r:

[runs and hides]>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Congrats John!!!

My dad recently retired... He was an absolute workaholic and we all thought he would die of boredom the moment he stopped going to work... Well, 1 year on he looks 10 years younger!!! He has picked up cycling and gone travelling and is spending a lot of time catching up on all the stuff he never had time for before... It's really great to see him so happy :)
I have no doubt you will find lots of great things to do to fill your time B| HAPPY RETIREMENT :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Thanks, Nat. I've heard that kind of thing before.

I was lucky to have a 40-hours-a-week job, so workaholic probably didn't fit me and of course I had skydiving, biking and a bunch of other hobbies already. We've got a few boogies and trips planned already. So far, so good.