gowlerk

PD factory lottery

All,

I wanted to take a moment to address the concern raised.

As I'm sure all of you realize, the cost of sending 10 people all over the world to compete and train is of course outlandish. The raffle was a way for us, with permission from our sponsors, to generate some funds to offset those costs and have a greater presence through competitions world wide we'd otherwise be unable to afford and attend.

We are extremely grateful for their support, and yours, and wish those who managed to get a ticket the best of luck.

Blues,
Ian
ps: To be 100% clear - no-one is lining their pockets with a single cent from this :)

Performance Designs Factory Team

I enjoy buying tickets for the Leap for Lupus lottery as it helps a noble cause. I am not sure what the noble cause was for the PD Factory lottery, so I didn't buy a ticket. Problem solved.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Even if it were legal in all 50 states for a group that is not registered as a charity to run a raffle, isn't there some requirement that participation cannot be limited to certain groups of people? In this one, if you don't have a credit card or a paypal account, it doesn't seem that there was any way you could have purchased a ticket.

This is going to be interesting to watch...

All,

Thanks for your support in this raffle (actually been run as a sweep stakes). Any funds generated are to assist in training and competition with gracious support of our sponsors.

There have also been questions regarding Florida's gaming laws, and we have made sure to work within the requirements with the assistance of personal qualified in that area. If anyone would like a copy of the game rules they can request them at [email protected]

Glad to clear this up, and best of luck to everyone.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Mostly because Airspeed is a team training for competition,

Again.... You think the PDFTeam doesn't train?

I really put Airspeed and them in the same category of pro athletes in a sponsored team, and I struggle to see why you don't.
Remster

I should know better than to post this, but what a whiny bunch you make!

Are you the lottery police or something? jealous? If you don't want a ticket don't buy one, simple as that!

If you think they make so much profit with the lottery and you are jealous, go buy some gear and sell tickets too.

They had a great idea to raise money, good for them. Why should they give that money to charity. They never promised anything like that: you buy a ticket, you could win some gear. Nothing more, nothing less.:S

Remster

I really put Airspeed and them in the same category of pro athletes in a sponsored team, and I struggle to see why you don't.

I remember buying a ticket to win the Airspeed giveaway; free rig, skydiving, tunnel time too, I think. Didn't win, darn![:/]:D

I wish I'd known about the PD one. My son needs gear. . .B|

ianmdrennan

All,

Thanks for your support in this raffle (actually been run as a sweep stakes). Any funds generated are to assist in training and competition with gracious support of our sponsors.

There have also been questions regarding Florida's gaming laws, and we have made sure to work within the requirements with the assistance of personal qualified in that area. If anyone would like a copy of the game rules they can request them at [email protected]

Glad to clear this up, and best of luck to everyone.

Ian

I was WONDERING when we'd get a response from someone in the know :D

That's good enough for me... Had the tickets not sold out before I found out about the raffle, I would have bought one even without knowing the above.

Ace: "Can I trust you??"
Ace: "Can I TRUST you?"
Ginger: "Yes, you can trust me"
Ace: "Good. Then you can tell me what the money is for."

skybytch

The main difference between a sweepstakes and a lottery is that the lottery participants have paid or promised to pay value for the chance to win the prize.

source: http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/u-3.shtml

How is it a sweepstakes if someone has to pay to participate?

Linking legal guides from CA likely has little bearing on a company based in FL.

They talked to their lawyers in FL. Lawyers said they're good.

I'm just pissed I waited too long to buy a ticket.

And to correct my original post -- god damn what a bunch of fucking crybabys this sport has bred. (not directed at you bytch)

wildcard451

The main difference between a sweepstakes and a lottery is that the lottery participants have paid or promised to pay value for the chance to win the prize.

source: http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/u-3.shtml

How is it a sweepstakes if someone has to pay to participate?

Linking legal guides from CA likely has little bearing on a company based in FL.

They talked to their lawyers in FL. Lawyers said they're good.

I'm just pissed I waited too long to buy a ticket.

And to correct my original post -- god damn what a bunch of fucking crybabys this sport has bred. (not directed at you bytch)

This. Ten times, this.

Though I was clued in enough to buy a ticket, and even informed friends who I thought might be interested :D
cavete terrae.