grimmie

The OFFICIAL 2012-2013 NHL Thread

After watching nearly every playoff game in each series, I think I have come to a conclusion.
The Kings have the best goalie in the world.
The Kings are the best coached team, Detroit the second best coached team.
The Kings games have been WAY more physical than the other series.
A Kings -Pens final would be epic.

BlackHawk down...:P

Agreed. Though I love Ottawa and have for over a decade for no good reason except they had Radek Bonk and I thought it was the coolest name ever for a hockey player (I've since learned that there was a hockey player named Harry Dick). I'm now a Jets fan, too, because they've got a guy named Grant Clitsome.

In other news, the Canucks sacked Vigneult as head coach. Gillis should have been canned for mismanagement.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

How 'bout them Wings?? Looks like they might be on a roll. They Blanked 'em. Jimmy was fantastic in net, in spite of the 'snow showers and crashing the net. Johnathan Toews just lost it! Three penalties in a row? What I didn't like was when he, the ref and Zetterberg were talking, Toews rapped Zets a good one across the shins with the blade of his stick. The ref never blinked... just a cheap shot. Cleary's empty netter with just a couple minutes left in the third, cinched the deal for the Wings. Tomorrow night will tell the tale when they hit Chicago's ice. GO WINGS!!

Chuck

Patrick Roy is going to be the new coach for the Avalanche! He's been coaching a minor league team in Canada. That should be real interesting.
Today is going to mean whether the Wings finish-off the Blackhawks or they go to game 6. The Kings better watch-out... the Wings are on a roll!
I hate that NBC is running the schedule of play-off games. That should be under the control of the League but Bettman wanted the coverage by NBC so now, a t.v. network in running things.

Chuck

grimmie

And the NBC announcers suck donkey balls.

I wish we could get the HNIC broadcasts, or at least they could hire Gary Thorne.

I wish I could punch Pierre McGuire in his bald head.

Not to mention their bias against the Wings. Pierre tried (years ago) to play for the Wings but was passed over. I'm thinking, the little dork holds a grudge. I notice too, the NBC announcers seem to purposely mis-pronounce certain Wings players names. I've heard Pierre pronounce 'Kronwall' as 'Kornball'. Their team favorite is apparently the Penguins. I've been watching the Wings-Blackhawks series but with the volume muted. I really wish the guys announcing the series were Mickey Redmond and co. or anyone else besides those NBC dufuses.
We're stuck with them, thanks to that little troll Bettman.

Chuck

Junior-B! They've let the Blackhawks get under their skin the last two games. The young guys are falling for it and warming the bench in the sin bin. Sloppy passes and flat-out give-aways didn't help them. For cryin' out loud... this is the play-offs! The Wings aren't stepping-up. I don't look for the Wings to get past game seven. the Blackhawks will be on home ice and the decibel level of the crowd will be deafning and the Wings better have their greens fees paid up! They blew a two game lead and gift wrapped the series for Chicago. Maybe next year.

Chuck

For years, I read where Red Wings fans wanted to get rid of the older players and get younger players. The Wings had a good streak with the older players. Now, they have younger players and the kids are letting their opponents get under their skin. They're getting penalties and giving Chicago a big advantage. One thing about it... the young players are gaining experience.

Chuck

I hope the Kings put a Staples Center beat down on the Guppies tonight!

I hope that you'll be bringing my favorite beer to the American Boogie.

But I'm afraid that I'll be bringing you a six pack of... what do Kings fans drink anyway, Natty Ice? ;)

It's going to be a great game regardless. Go Sharks!

[Reply]what do Kings fans drink anyway, Natty Ice?

A Sharks fan wouldn't know this, but Natty Ice tastes amazing when drunk from Lord Stanley's Cup.

Edited to add: and the Kings escape. I gotta give credit to the Sharks. I've never seen them that tough in the playoffs. I tip my hat to them$

A Sharks fan wouldn't know this, but Natty Ice tastes amazing when drunk from Lord Stanley's Cup.

Really? And you would know that how? ;)

Rich, your Stella will arrive in a week or so. On ice. You are open Fridays, right?

Now jumping to the Pens bandwagon. A Cup for Iggy!

Awesome finish to a terrific series. Hats off to the Wings.

Gonna miss the Wings in the Western conference.

No more of the original six rivals left in the West.

The Kings will be a tough match up. They are physical, fast and the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

Should be quite a series................GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

B|B|B|B|B|

Have a yippee ki ya day!

Kings are the least talented team reaining. They are the best TEAM out there and have the best player in the world right now - who happens to be between the pipes. Problem - Kings need to get Stoll back. He was SORELY missed as third line center.

The Pens are the most sickly stacked team. But the goalie is merely good. But can be awful.

The Hawks - sickly talented, as well. Question at goalie.

Bruins - well rounded and some depth. Second best goalie and a solid team with confidence.

Kings in 6.
Bruins in 7.