grimmie

The OFFICIAL 2012-2013 NHL Thread

grimmie

I'm happy about the Wings-Hawks matchup. And as a Kings fan, I love the Sharks series. I have a six pack bet with Skybytch on it!

I love the Pens-Sens matchup, lots of hate there! And I would hope it's An original six matchup after tonight's game 7's!

Go Pens!
Go Kings!

There's some good-good hockey goin' on, right now. With the 'salary cap' we have reached parity in the NHL so now, it's anybody's game on any given night. I have to agree with your match-ups. The Wings-Blackhawks match-up is the one I'm really looking forward to. The youngsters have really stepped-up for Detroit. Especially, Abdelkader. The Euro twins never cease to amaze the fans. That matchup, Hawks-Wings is going to be a beauty! :D

Chuck

Chuck

The Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings continue their title defense against the San Jose Sharks (who play in the playoffs like their fans fuck - come up short and finish early).

By 7:10 the puck will drop at Staples... GO KINGS!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

The Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings continue their title defense against the San Jose Sharks (who play in the playoffs like their fans fuck - come up short and finish early).

By 7:10 the puck will drop at Staples... GO KINGS!

Like I said earlier... it's anybody's game, now days.

Chuck

Tonight starts a series I'm really not looking forward to. I don't see the Wings coming out on top but there's going to be some darned good hockey! Another 'Original six' match-up with a long standing rivalry. The best part is... it won't be played on the Left Coast!!

Chuck

grimmie

This will be the final Hawks-Wings playoff series, unless they meet in the finals, due to the realignment. Should be epic!

Yup! Then too, the Wings will meet the other 5. Come to think of it, I will miss the Wings-Blackhawk match-ups. The bright side is, I won't have to stay-up late like when the Wings were on the road in the Western Conference.

Chuck

The Sens got their asses kicked last night.

The Sharks got their asses kicked, except in the third period where the Kings were just trying to protect a lead. I think Quickie decided to try out the Playoffs Penner route - sit out the regular season and catch fire in the playoffs. The Kings, though, know who they are come playoffs. The Sharks were reminded last night of just who they are in the playoffs.

My worry - what's up with Stoll? Regardless of what happens with Torres Stoll is an important guy for us - especially as an ace defensive zone faceoff man. Losing him would be a significant issue since he anchors that third line and the second power play line. Putting someone else in there means switching other lines around and affecting the chemistry and depth. Move Fraser up to the third line? Take Carter off the second-line wing? Either of them mess things up.

Sometimes, changing-up lines brings good things. Scotty Bowman did it all the time with good results. Mike Babcock changed-up the Zetterberg-Datsyuk line the last game in the Anaheim series and the Wings won. You never know how it will go till you try it. Sometimes, change is good.

Chuck

grimmie

This will be the final Hawks-Wings playoff series, unless they meet in the finals, due to the realignment. Should be epic!

Gonna miss the regular season games......Should be a great playoff series!!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!B|
Have a yippee ki ya day!

Geeze.. The Wings did real good in the first. In the second, they looked like they were skating in mud. In the third, they looked like observers. It's the Blackhawks for cryin' out loud! The Wings better pick it up or pay their greens fees early. The Blackhawks have a lot of depth and talent. The Wings didn't come close to Junior 'B'. I hope, they do better in the next game or this is going to be a short series.

GO WINGS!!

Chuck

OUCH!!!!

That Niemi on fire, he is. That Sharks Power Play versus the anemic Kings unit.

And still - I'm nervous. Martinez was minus 3. And Stoll - that guy is missed a helluva lot more than the Sharks miss Torres.

grimmie

Was that a huge groan heard coming from Chicago?:P

Heard 'round the world! I didn't give the Wings a lot of hope against Chicago. They lost in all four regular season meetings this past season. Then too, the Wings had 7 or more players out, most of the season. Their young players are stepping-up and Jimmy Howard is a brick wall. The bottom line is, it ain't over till it's over.

Chuck

Series are now becoming interesting. The Sharks pulled within a game of the Kings. Ottawattawatta did the same with the Pens. And Detroit takes the lead on the Hawks. Maybe tonight the Rangers will pull to within one of the Bruins.

One note about the Kinngs series - Joe Thornton has been fucking dominant. That asshole.

At this point in time, it's anybody's series. I just hope the Wings hold up the momentum. I have seen the Wings go through the same thing Chicago is going through... Win Division, win Conference and get knocked-out in the first or second round. The odds makers are goin' nuts.

Chuck

Goaltending...a reason I think it will be difficult for the Hawks and Pens to make the finals.

The Kings are battle tested but the Sharks have new confidence.

The Bruins are a team of destiny. Scary.

Rangers suck monkey balls.

I love the playoffs!B|