grimmie

The OFFICIAL 2012-2013 NHL Thread

Best thing about these playoffs?

The Flyers are already out of them!

I can't see anybody but the Hawks or Penguins hoisting the Cup.....but who knows what shit might happen?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

[Reply]The playoff picture came right down to the wire.

Western:Starting tomorrow, the Kings play the Blues away. Unless Elliott gets red hot I don't see the Blues running away with this. Kings in 6. - Elliott has gotten hot. So, too, has Quick. Game 3 was a goaltending clinic put on by two goalies showing peak form - This is THE series to watch. Update - Kings in 7

Wild at Blackhawks - Chi-town in 5. The Wild figured out in March that they are a good team. Problem is Chicago has ten players that can kill them by potting goals. [Red]Another fine series. Wild needed a win and they got one yesterday in OT. I still don't think it's enough. Hawks in 5.

Wings at Ducks - intriguing. Detroit ended strong. The Ducks didn't. If there's an upset to be had, it'll be Detroit beating the Ducks. Unfortunate because I wanted to see Kings-Ducks in playoffs. Wings in 6. [Red] I underestimated the Ducks and overestimated the Wings. Ducks in 6

The Canucks have a lot to prove. Luckily for them, they drew the traditional first round bye. [Red]How wrong I was. I keep forgetting that Vancouver is historically almost as disappointing as the Sharks. The Sharks don't show for the playoffs. Couver just can't make it, either. Change - Sharks in 5

Eastern

Leafs at Bruins - I'm really glad to see the leafs back in the playoffs. Too bad they've got Boston. Boston in 6 Another series more hard fought than I thought it would be. Toronto winning a home playoff game (when's the last time that's been said?). Update - Bruins in 7.

Islanders at Penguins - the Isles will make it interesting but won't have enough. Pitts in 5 The Kings influence on the Isles is making this a bit better. But not enough. Penguins in 5

Senators at Habs - the near miraculous return of Karlsson from his torn ACL is a needed boost (damn that guy is good). Unfortunately, the non-miraculous non-return of Spezza keeps them from advancing. Montreal. Habs in 7 My brother sent me a message yesterday "I'm surprised you haven't said it yet - Ottawattawattawattawatta!" I used to support Ottawa back in the Radek Bonk days because somebody had to. I'm impressed with what they've done so far. Still, Habs in 7

Rangers at Caps - what the hell is this? Two teams that until this month looked dead. Then they come back and both caught fire. The Rangers look pretty damned formidable. I'm taking the Rangers in a tight one - 6 games. [Red]I guess should have said "Trust in Adam Oates." This Caps team looks pretty hardcore right now. Ovechkin looks to be Ovi again. I do think, though, that the Rangers can pull it out. Update - Rangers in 7

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I have been playing, coaching and watching hockey for a very long time. I think the Canucks are one of the most talent laden teams with the least amount of grit and heart I have ever seen. Ever since Boston wrecked them in the Finals, they are pitifull.

The Pens are back to run and gun, stop it.

The Rangers are toast.

The Hawks aren't worried.

Montreal is crying like little school girls. This isn't a Pee Wee league. Grow up Therrien, he called a time out, get over it, stop gooning and play hockey. Sens in 7.

Boston is worried a little.

The Sharks have confidence for the first time in a long time, look out.

Dead Wings.

The Kings need it tonight!

There have been some big hits, but this playoffs is nothing like last hear's bloodbath. It's nice to see.

And I agree with your vancouver assessment. Look what the Kings did to them last year. I think realignment will be worst for the Florida teams and then the Canucks. They've spent the last three years beating up on weak opponents, registering a lot of wins, and being woefully unprepared for the playoff talent opponents.

Kings, baby!

Apparently, Quick was just kidding all season. He and Penner think they're Forsberg - take it easy all season and then start up in the playoffs.

Seeing the Dicks and the Wings going into OT. Two OT games tonight. Some tight series.

Playoff hockey. Nothing like it.

Boy. NBC really is sad about a red Wings/Blackhawks matchup. Should mean the Kinngs/Sharks go in below the radar.

Hawks in 5
Kings in 6
Upset special - Ottawatta in 7 over Pens

Tonight - Toronto over Boston and Rangers over Washington. Then leafs over Rangers in 6

lawrocket

Boy. NBC really is sad about a red Wings/Blackhawks matchup. Should mean the Kinngs/Sharks go in below the radar.

Hawks in 5
Kings in 6
Upset special - Ottawatta in 7 over Pens

Tonight - Toronto over Boston and Rangers over Washington. Then leafs over Rangers in 6

I suppose, they wanted the Dorks? I thought the Wings did a heckuva job of a job. In spite of the dorks diving routine and charging Howard every chance they got. Especially the cheap shot when one of the Dorks hit Howard pretty hard with his stick. I'm just glad that series is over and the Wings came-out on top.
Chicago beat Detroit in all four meetings during the shortened regular season. Three of those losses were either over-time or shoot-out losses. I'm a little too nervous about getting excited about that series. It'll be a good one but I think, Chicago will come out on top. Also, I forget how long it's been since all 'Original six' Teams have been in the play-offs at the same time. This is the best time of the year to be a hockey fan!

Chuck

I'm happy about the Wings-Hawks matchup. And as a Kings fan, I love the Sharks series. I have a six pack bet with Skybytch on it!

I love the Pens-Sens matchup, lots of hate there! And I would hope it's An original six matchup after tonight's game 7's!

Go Pens!
Go Kings!