grimmie

The OFFICIAL 2012-2013 NHL Thread

Welcome to the club. You see NHL live and it's just incredible! (Note - that Hossa guy who plays for Chicago is pretty good.)

Never been to a NFL game, but one of these days I'll give it a try.

I have been to two different NCAA national championship series. First one my college was in, RIT vs Mankato State I think, in the late 80's. I can't remember if it was Division II or III though, but I do remember RIT lost in sudden death overtime on its home ice. That was such a drag.

The 2nd time was my hometown college team, UAH Chargers in Huntsville, AL played Bemidji State for the Division II championship in '94... also lost that one in overtime (regular OT period), on its home ice as well. >:( The goalie for UAH was Darren Puppa, whose older brother Derek was the goalie for Buffalo for a while.

Went to a lot of RIT's home games while a student there. They're now in Division I with the big boys and made it to the Frozen Four a couple years ago.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Don't bother. NHL games are WAY more fun for the money. ;)

Nice start to the *season* for some of us. Lovin' seeing the Sharks top line en fuego... and the Kings hangover is really making me smile. :ph34r:

Don't bother. NHL games are WAY more fun for the money. ;)

Nice start to the *season* for some of us. Lovin' seeing the Sharks top line en fuego... and the Kings hangover is really making me smile. :ph34r:

Damn... How did I type NFL, when I meant NHL? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah. It doesn't look like Marleau, Thornton or Pavelski played a whole lot of golf this most recent long offseason. All that time with Lord Stanley's Cup left the Kings a bit drained.

SHould be interesting to ee if Quick gets his form back, though last game it looked like Brown/Kopi/Williams line was clicking. Now we'll see when we get Willie Mitchell back.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Welcome to the club. You see NHL live and it's just incredible! (Note - that Hossa guy who plays for Chicago is pretty good.)

I am originally from Illinois so going to the Blackhawks and Stars game was intentional. It was a great game. Good overtime win for the Blackhawks. I was surprised at the number of Blackhawk fans in attendance.

Lungo has shown a lot in his career. He's gotten to the point of 'brick wall'.
Another one is Jimmy Howard. From back-up to Chris Osgood to #1 goalie on the Wings. Speaking of the Wings, they sure got the best of St. Louis, last night. That, was a good game.

Chuck

I get it that they can't act like Bertuzi wrt Duncan Keith but what was with the gentleman's league style game. When Hendrik Sedin is your top checker you gotta give your head a shake.

It was pretty damned tame/lame. The National Women's Team woulda kicked their asses at that rate...

Wings versus the Kings in a few minutes for some morning hockey. Will the Kings continue their blue lines struggles? Missing two of the top four for the whole season is quite the adjustment...

I caught the end of the game. Very exciting! Kings managed to tie it up at 2 and the Red Wings scored in the last 30 seconds to win the game.

,,,and I had to miss it! Dang! The Wings have heard for years about what an 'old' team they were. With Lidstrom and Homer retired, they's signed some very good young players. Brunner being a stand-out. This could be a big turning point for the Wings. Maybe, there wassomething to all the grumbling about not enough young players. I still, see the Wingsin the play-offs.

Chuck

Tonight is a big game – Kings versus the Ducks. That effing brutal game the Kings had against the Wings looks like a turning point of the Kings’ season – it was the first time they played well all year. And the Wings – may have been a turning point for them.

Here’s a question, though: Is Edmonton the only arena where the main television camera is across from the penalty box? For any experienced hockey home viewer, you gotta watch a game from Edmonton because it’s friggin weird watching line changes. It’s something that I’ve just noticed this year (mainly because I’ve just gotten NHL Game Center this year).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The Wngs have a west-coast road trip and the Kings are on the list. Vancouver got their fannies beat by the Wings yesterday 8 to 3! After a five game loss streak, this just might be the spark for a Wings win streak. In spite of all the injuries and players on the DL, the Wings are hanging in.
I've never noticed that about Edmonton's rink.

Chuck

The Wngs have a west-coast road trip and the Kings are on the list. Vancouver got their fannies beat by the Wings yesterday 8 to 3! After a five game loss streak, this just might be the spark for a Wings win streak. In spite of all the injuries and players on the DL, the Wings are hanging in.

Chuck

CHUCK.... how in the heck did you of all people.... in the place where you live..... Get interested in hockey....

I an thinking that men with sticks is not a very common team sport down that way.

Chuck

CHUCK.... how in the heck did you of all people.... in the place where you live..... Get interested in hockey....

I an thinking that men with sticks is not a very common team sport down that way.

Down here, sticks are mostly used to move cattle through the crowdin' alley or pens.
Years ago, I was driving trucks over the road. I had a delivery to Detroit. I got up there on a Friday evening and my un-loading time was Monday morning. I wound-up in a beer joint and there was a hockey game on the t.v., 'big screens' weren't around then. I just got real interested in it. When hockey got introduced in the South, it really took-off.
There's a lot of folks in this part of the world interested in the game. Lot's of youth teams and semi-pro teams. I like to think that Im 'diverse'. :D In the 90's, the city I lived in at the time, got a minor league team. A couple of my buddies and I went to some of their games and it kinda took-off from there. Took me quite awhile to get a grip on it, though.

Chuck

Chuck

Doesn't Dallas have a NHL team? :P

Chuck

Doesn't Dallas have a NHL team? :P

Yes, they do! Houston has had the Houston Aeros since about the 70's. Gordy Howe and his two boys, Mark and Marty played for the Aeros. ;)

Chuck