grimmie

The OFFICIAL 2012-2013 NHL Thread

My home town area (San Francisco) now has a team in the ECHL, The San Francisco Bulls. I no longer live in the Bay Area but made the trip for the opening game and go see them when they come to the Bakersfield arena. I have not missed the NHL. I did not miss out on real hockey. For now fuck the NHL...:|

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Trust me. I understand the sentiment. I guess I'm just not going to let it get between me and watching NHL.

We've got a tier II juniors team here. I just haven't had much time to go watch them.

And US won the World Juniors Championships. HA HA!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dish Network charges $145.00 (approx.) As soon as I heard the lock-out was official, I cancelled my subscription to the NHL channels. What I didn't like about it was, they didn't cover the play-offs or the Finals. We had to put-up with Pierre and co.

Chuck

The party has finally started!

What did you think of your team yesterday?

Hate to say it, but I think Detroit's run of 21 consecutive playoff appearances ends this year. Their defense without Lidstrom looks atrocious.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I got the chance to watch some hockey this weekend. First, I got to see the banner raised at Staples in honor of my beloved Kings’ Stanley Cup Championship. But then I also got to see what a truncated training camp does.

I saw lots of pretty sloppy hockey. It was somewhat endearing, actually. Memories of those beautiful and smooth puck rotations in the offensive zone? Saw a couple of them but a big difference from six months ago.

I’m so glad hockey is back.

The party has finally started!

What did you think of your team yesterday?

Hate to say it, but I think Detroit's run of 21 consecutive playoff appearances ends this year. Their defense without Lidstrom looks atrocious.

Don

You're going to give-up on them so soon? It's only been one game! They have only a few days practice in. I miss seeing Lidstrom too but I'm not fixin' to throw-in the towel just yet. I'm going to give them a couple more games, at least, till I give-up on them.

Chuck

I think they’ll miss the playoffs. It’s only one game (much like the Kings – only one game) but there are issues with Detroit. They didn’t just lose Lidstrom – they also lost Stuart. They lost holmstrom – a tough loss, too.

The Wings don’t have a single defenseman who is 30 years old. Their old guys are forwards and that’s usually not a ticket to success – older defensemen are keys to special teams and the like.

Detroit will be building for something in the next three or four years. They’ll be good but won’t be the Red Wings we know. And sure, St. Louis is going to be bad ass this year but I really don’t see Detroit cracking 40 points this year.

Note: I think that the Blues may win it all this year. I'm pulling for the Kings (who cannot be counted out) but I think the Blues are ready to seriously challenge

I think they’ll miss the playoffs. It’s only one game (much like the Kings – only one game) but there are issues with Detroit. They didn’t just lose Lidstrom – they also lost Stuart. They lost holmstrom – a tough loss, too.

The Wings don’t have a single defenseman who is 30 years old. Their old guys are forwards and that’s usually not a ticket to success – older defensemen are keys to special teams and the like.

Detroit will be building for something in the next three or four years. They’ll be good but won’t be the Red Wings we know. And sure, St. Louis is going to be bad ass this year but I really don’t see Detroit cracking 40 points this year.

Note: I think that the Blues may win it all this year. I'm pulling for the Kings (who cannot be counted out) but I think the Blues are ready to seriously challenge

The Wings are definatly re-building and granted, losing Homer and Lidstrom is a huge loss. We just have to see how the young players progress. They might surprise a lot of fans.
St. Louis is showing strength and ability, early on but the season is just starting. Injuries will rear their ugly heads and that can change things, real fast. It's just too early to predict. With parity in the NHL, it's tough for all the teams. I'm optomistic!!

Chuck

You're going to give-up on them so soon?

Chuck

We started going to Dead Wings games in 1970.......if I could suffer through that decade, I'd never "give up" on them.......but thay have too many issues this year. Abdelkater isn't going to be the player I thought he was, and when you put Datsyuk and Z on the same line, that's all your offense right there.....you've got to have 2 scoring lines and a goon line to win in this league, and the Wings don't.

Nobody to camp out in the crease, and no one to clear the crease on D.

I'll always pull for them, but I just don't see it happening this year.

Don
It's a free-for-all."

You're going to give-up on them so soon?

Chuck

We started going to Dead Wings games in 1970.......if I could suffer through that decade, I'd never "give up" on them.......but thay have too many issues this year. Abdelkater isn't going to be the player I thought he was, and when you put Datsyuk and Z on the same line, that's all your offense right there.....you've got to have 2 scoring lines and a goon line to win in this league, and the Wings don't.

Nobody to camp out in the crease, and no one to clear the crease on D.

I'll always pull for them, but I just don't see it happening this year.

Don

I was messin' with you. I figured this day would come. We've been spoiled, as fans. 20-yrs. of their being in the play-offs. all those Stanley Cups since 1996. Like you, I'm going to remain a big Wings fan but I'll be disappointed when they don't make the play-offs and will still be optimistic till then. So many fans wanted more young players. They got what they wished for and now wehave to listen to the grumbling because the Wings have more young players. there's no pleasing some people.

Chuck

I figured this day would come. We've been spoiled, as fans. 20-yrs. of their being in the play-offs.

And that's a big part of it......you and I don't know what these other poor chumps in this thread go through every season, hoping against hope that their team makes the playoffs.....we just take it for granted now. :)
I raise a beer in your honor. We'll be optimistic together.

GO WINGS !

Don
It's a free-for-all."

I figured this day would come. We've been spoiled, as fans. 20-yrs. of their being in the play-offs.

And that's a big part of it......you and I don't know what these other poor chumps in this thread go through every season, hoping against hope that their team makes the playoffs.....we just take it for granted now. :)
I raise a beer in your honor. We'll be optimistic together.

GO WINGS !

Don

Right back atchya'! Ya' gotta be optimistic. We got faith in the Wings. They pulled-out a win, last night.

Chuck

At least, the Wings didn't get skunked. I don't think, the Wings did too bad. considerin the number of injuries they are dealing with. Trying to get past Lehtinen was the big chore. Franzen came closest... pinged one off hte cross-bar. Brunner was the only one to get one in the net, with 3-seconds left in regulation.

Chuck