grimmie

The OFFICIAL 2012-2013 NHL Thread

On the upside, if it lasts for the entire season the Canucks won't suck as much...

And the Kings may hold the Cup for 2 seasons!B|:P

Unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

On the upside, if it lasts for the entire season the Canucks won't suck as much...

And the Kings may hold the Cup for 2 seasons!B|:P

That would be a catch-22 for Lawrocket. He loves the Kings, but likes watching hockey more probably, especially that game in Las Vegas he seems to go to every season. Not this time...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

As a former NHL season ticket holder who was driven away from the sport after the last lockout in 2004/2005, I say F### them. F### the out of touch millionaire players and F### the billionaire owners. The last time around all the clubs still wanted their season ticket holders to fork out 100% of the money for the games (which included pre-season games) even though we all knew the games would be cancelled, The clubs said don't worry we will just hold on to your money and use it next year. F### that. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was royally pissed off the last time, but this time around I could care less about the NHL.

F### them all ... the owners and the players.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The players asso. has been wanting to talk with the League but the League is refusing. How does one go about removing Bettman?
When Bettman took over, his predecessor gave Bettman a hockey puck. Bettman worked on that puck all day, trying to figure-out how to open it!

Chuck

The players asso. has been wanting to talk with the League but the League is refusing. How does one go about removing Bettman?
When Bettman took over, his predecessor gave Bettman a hockey puck. Bettman worked on that puck all day, trying to figure-out how to open it!

Chuck

Bettman works for the owners, you can't really do much.
cavete terrae.

Bettman is a pin head, no argument there. But this is more than just a "blame the owners" scenario. Both the owners and the players are showing their greed and the losers are the fans. There was a time when going to an NHL hockey game was affordable entertainment. That time is long gone. Of course that is the nature of the entertainment business. There was a time when going to the movies or going to a rock concert was affordable as well.

Bettman is a pin head, no argument there. But this is more than just a "blame the owners" scenario. Both the owners and the players are showing their greed and the losers are the fans. There was a time when going to an NHL hockey game was affordable entertainment. That time is long gone. Of course that is the nature of the entertainment business. There was a time when going to the movies or going to a rock concert was affordable as well.

That's the absolute truth. I believe too, the players and the League both figure the fans will come back. You never know just how fans will react. I think, there's just way too much money in major league sports to the point of obscene. Those people want the huge bucks but forget about the fans, concessions and so-on. They might get a rude awakening one of these days.

Chuck

As for personalities, I don't know any of them. It's just the 'greed' factor that reared it's ugly head with this lockout. Both sides, the player's union as well as the League. Professional athletes make way too much for what they do... that goes for all MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL athletes. The whole lockout thing was strictly over money. Meanwhile, hard working people were out of work. Concession workers, security, parking lot attendants, janitors, restaurants, bars and so-on. Those folks had to tough it out while the players had to live off their big bank accounts. Not very fair to me!

Chuck

Professional athletes make way too much for what they do... that goes for all MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL athletes. The whole lockout thing was strictly over money. Meanwhile, hard working people were out of work. Concession workers, security, parking lot attendants, janitors, restaurants, bars and so-on. Those folks had to tough it out while the players had to live off their big bank accounts.

I have no sympathy for the greedy players. Several weeks ago I caught this "30-30" show on one of the cable sports channels (ESPN classic or something like that) and the show was about how poorly some of the players from the major leagues managed their money. The show focused around Football and Basketball players, but they also referenced some Baseball and Hockey players. Anyway about 80% of Football players go bankrupt within 3 years of retirement from the sport and about 60% of Basketball players go bankrupt within 5 years of retirement. It's insane, these young men making millions just do not have the knowledge of how to manage their fortunes and they are far too loose with their spending while partying with their entourages. Of course it also does not help when the sharks (their families, friends, girlfriends, wives, acquaintances, managers, so called advisers etc, etc, etc) prey on the players lack of financial planning taking them for as much money as they can.