yeshniamhmcc

Malfunction Dream

Been having some serious dodgey dreams lately.
My last one was a very low reserve opening which I actually landed with the canopy folded in my hand? Apparently I have some strong bones! (:
Getting my first rig in a couple weeks I'm thinking I may be somewhat nervous about jumping it!!
Anyone else get these kinda dreams before jumping something new? Not saying I'm freaking out or anything! ;)
At the same time can't wait to jump it! Finally rid of bruising student gear :D

When I was doing AFF, my instructor spent a lot of time drilling EPs. He said he wanted us to be able to do them in our sleep. Well, it worked. Shortly after AFF I had a dream where I had a malfunction and performed my EPs flawlessly. Now I make it a habit to go through my EPs a couple times once I put my gear on. I even visualize them when I'm not at the dropzone. That way, when I need to do them, its not so scary because I've practiced it thousands of times.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I used to have many dreams like that as well haha

Once, I went in with nothing out after a double mal.. Stood up to walk back to the packing area and I was totally pissed off at myself because everyone would be mad at me >:(

Another time I chopped my main and popped my reserve and it had holes in it:D

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

JohnMitchell

My wife dreamed that she landed with no chute out and was embarrassed to think someone had seen her do it. :D

Was there a pile of cardboard boxes in here dream?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.