Nataly

When your ex gets engaged/married/has kids...

I don't know about everyone else, but I have one ex that when we were together I thought "this is THE ONE"... It didn't work out, and it took a long time to get over the heartache... And I have to say, even though it was years ago, I'm not totally indifferent to the news that he recently got engaged... It's not exactly that I'm surprised or upset about it... More like I suspect I probably won't feel that way about anyone again, and that is kind of depressing... [:/]

Meh... Perhaps the emotions were so strong because I was younger and you feel more passionate about a lot of things when you're younger. :| I suppose I should be grateful for having experienced that kind of passion at all - some people never do.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

normiss

I think you missed the women's forum....

:P

Do men not have ex's??! :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hi Nataly,

I suppose I should be grateful for having experienced that kind of passion at all

I believe that it goes something like this: 'Tiss better to have loved and lost than to never have loved.'

Me, I burn my bridges and move on; life is too short.

JerryBaumchen

Nataly

I don't know about everyone else, but I have one ex that when we were together I thought "this is THE ONE"... It didn't work out, and it took a long time to get over the heartache... And I have to say, even though it was years ago, I'm not totally indifferent to the news that he recently got engaged... It's not exactly that I'm surprised or upset about it... More like I suspect I probably won't feel that way about anyone again, and that is kind of depressing... [:/]

Meh... Perhaps the emotions were so strong because I was younger and you feel more passionate about a lot of things when you're younger. :| I suppose I should be grateful for having experienced that kind of passion at all - some people never do.

I'm still freinds with most of my Ex's. It's usually not a bad thing that we split up but its a location thing. Military life is a bitch.
There's one that I feel that way about but, sometimes you gotta deal with the things that just can't be. It sucks sometimes.
My photos

My Videos

Life is too short to focus on the past and on stuff you can't control, put your focus on aspects of your life you can control and everything else will fall into place.

A couple of sayings I use to keep focused on what I can control

Wherever your focus goes is where your energy is going to flow.

Emotions come from motion, In other words,,,move on!!!

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

I would be funny if the one you currently whisper sweet nothings too
has an account here that you don't know about.

One of my ex's did that and nearly ripped me a new on over my rimming reply I made years ago.

Gone fishing

My ex-wife got remarried last December. The asshole part of me says, "Awesome. She's not my problem, anymore, and she's a lot easier to deal with now."

The other part of me is happy for her. I DO want to see her happy. I'm happier now and I'm glad she is, too.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My first ex, the father of my kids, entered into a new relationship pretty quickly after we split and he ended up marrying her. At first I would get upset when I saw that he was treating her better than he ever treated me. For example, he always talked fondly about a resort his family went to when he was young. In the 18 years that we were together he never took me there, but within 6 months of dating he had taken HER there. I don't care what they do now as long as it doesn't have a negative effect on my kids.

As for my second ex, I would probably have a good chuckle over it and think, "bless her heart" for the poor woman who had to put up with him and his crazy family!

If Normiss and I broke up, it'd crush me to see him with another woman. I hope that day never comes.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The one girlfriend that had me wondering was one that I dated for a few years in high school and into college. We thought that was it and how very wrong we were. She was a nice little religious girl who married another religious guy and I laugh wondering if she does that really kinky stuff she let loose when she was with me. If so, he might wonder how she learned it. >:(:D

That's a joke, but in all seriousness, I really deeply don't care what any of my ex-girlfriends are doing. Although as a general rule I hope they're happy and doing well. I know I am very happy (and very blessed) with my wife and family (and I'm so very lucky that I didn't marry any of those women)!

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know I am very happy (and very blessed) with my wife and family (and I'm so very lucky that I didn't marry any of those women)!

OR that one legged tranny with a 'rash' that you kept proposing to! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

I know I am very happy (and very blessed) with my wife and family (and I'm so very lucky that I didn't marry any of those women)!

She loves me, she just doesn't know it yet!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

AggieDave

She loves me, she just doesn't know it yet!

:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I am that guy -- dated a girl for six plus years, broke up, picked up with a different girl and within two years we have a kid and are getting married. so from that perspective, I would say my best advice to you is to move on.

you're not doing yourself any favors by looking to the past. your ex is living in the present looking to the future, you should do the same. otherwise you might miss something that is right in front of you that is even better than before and not even know it.

but if you believe you'll never do better, you won't. avoid that trap and you'll be fine.

I usually say 'well, that took under a year...just like the last few' :D:P:D

Quite a few of my ex's have found some one and have either gotten engaged or married within a year after we had broken up. I'm still good friends with quite a few of them, and I still get along with their spouses, their families, etc.

There is one ex who is married now...she was my first love. That will be a tough one to forget...if that ever happens...:S:|

skymama

If Normiss and I broke up, it'd crush me to see him with another woman. I hope that day never comes.

Get in 1st and Crush him in his sleep ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When your ex...

...just let it go. That's why they're called ex.

That said, you're not human if something doesn't remain, but still at some point you have to realize ex means ex.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've only had two exes that warranted any expenditure of emotion beyond the initial break-up.

One is an old man with a "complicated" status (I looked him up on fb, but never really cared at that point beyond curiosity). One is dead (I mourned quite a lot when this happened 25 yrs ago).

I suppose it does help that I've been happily married for over 30 years, now. B|

:)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

I've only had two exes that warranted any expenditure of emotion beyond the initial break-up.

One is an old man with a "complicated" status (I looked him up on fb, but never really cared at that point beyond curiosity). One is dead (I mourned quite a lot when this happened 25 yrs ago).

I suppose it does help that I've been happily married for over 30 years, now. B|

:)

I agree the boss and I are pushing 40 years yrs.

The only downside I see is that my wife lost "our" dad about 12 years ago. And now "our" mom is in hospice with stage 4 brain cancer and is impatiently waiting to join her husband who she was married to for 50 yrs.

Losing one set of parents is bad enough, but losing two is what it is.:(

R.
One Jump Wonder

Nataly

I don't know about everyone else, but I have one ex that when we were together I thought "this is THE ONE"... It didn't work out, and it took a long time to get over the heartache...

Damn, I'm sorry it didn't work out. I guess you could talk to some of my ex's for commiseration, but they'd tell you I was an A$$hole. :S:D