uberchris

first cutaway

well it finally happened. unstable wingsuit deployment, and because i am at a 1.65 WL, i finally opened into the worst linetwists ever. my risers were completely twisted and so were my lines. started spiraling down extremely quickly, my head was pinned down and i could NOT see my altimiter for altitude awareness, so i decided to chop. luckily i deploy high because im new to wingsuiting, so i was in the reserve saddle just below 2k.

lesson learned:
my canopy is too small for wingsuiting. im going to be selling my rig and upsizing to a more docile 7 cell like a storm. this was the 4th time ive opened into linetwists, and i just had a feeling that flying a safire2 129 isnt going to work with wingsuiting for me. this just proved it.

luckily i was able to retrieve all gear, and kept both my handles. also, i stood my reserve landing up like a boss. of course it helps that my BASE canopy is a 7 cell f-111 canopy which flares similar to my pr126.......

is something wrong with me to where this was one of the funnest jumps ive had in a long time? i loved the extra freefall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gravity brings me down.........

I'm looking forward to my first reserve ride...

Can't decide what's cooler:

Having had a reserve ride

or

Going 2,000 jumps without one

:D

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

DcloudZ

or

I knew a guy who went 3000 jumps w/o a mal;
Then he started doing tandems, and promptly had a tandem mal.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***I'm looking forward to my first reserve ride...

or

I knew a guy who went 3000 jumps w/o a mal;
Then he started doing tandems, and promptly had a tandem mal.

That's pretty sick:)
Guy at my DZ a month or so ago had back-to-back rides.

Spinning line twists on a wingsuit jump

followed by

Tension knot on a tandem during his cert

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

DcloudZ

That's pretty sick:)
Guy at my DZ a month or so ago had back-to-back rides.

Spinning line twists on a wingsuit jump

followed by

Tension knot on a tandem during his cert

I was on a load with a TI who had a mal.
Two loads later, we were on the same load again...and he had another tandem mal.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It's funny because the passengers are usually none the wiser :P

Heard of a story at my DZ where one passenger ran to his friend after there was a tandem reserve ride on the load and said "Hey dude! Did you hear some guy used his reserve parachute?!" The TI who was with that passenger walks by and says ya, it was you!:D:D

I had mine at #76. Glad I did it early. Line over... savable? Probably but I didn't know how to fix a small line over.

I'm happy with it cause I kept my calm and just was like "Oh well ... let's do this" instead of freaking out!
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

DcloudZ

or

Careful what you wish for. Testing the air gremlins isn't usually a wise decision. Costly too...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.