NorrinRadd

Vitamin Bug

I and my GF are having fun trying bugs as food... chocolate covered ants, Hotlix scorpion suckers, dried grubs. So far only the ants have been actually good. Anyone else try any unusual food that they recommend and/or enjoyed?
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

NorrinRadd

I and my GF are having fun trying bugs as food... chocolate covered ants, Hotlix scorpion suckers, dried grubs. So far only the ants have been actually good. Anyone else try any unusual food that they recommend and/or enjoyed?

Well, evidently Nataly thinks she tastes delicious.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

NorrinRadd

What the heck for?

Does not sound like fun to me. [:/]

eta: Every time I discovered I had a bug in my mouth, I spit it out. :D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I've tried both honey roasted and chocolate covered grasshoppers. They're pretty good. Ants are ok. I'm usually OK with crunchy - it's mushy I have issues with.

Every survival show I've ever seen insists that Witchetty grubs are great eating...

[inline munchies.jpg]

hells no.

carpenter ants taste like lemon drops. as long as you get rid of the heads first. and that's eating them raw. (survival training, yo)

Not sure I could stomach a raw grub. Oh, and whenever they eat tarantulas on Survivor or whatnot, I have to leave the room. there is absolutely no way I could do that. I would gnaw off my own arm first.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

BikerBabe

carpenter ants taste like lemon drops. as long as you get rid of the heads first. and that's eating them raw. (survival training, yo)

Not sure I could stomach a raw grub. Oh, and whenever they eat tarantulas on Survivor or whatnot, I have to leave the room. there is absolutely no way I could do that. I would gnaw off my own arm first.

I would actually like to try tarantula. I have heard from many sources that roasted tarantula tastes a lot like crab. I saw a documentary where kids in the Venezuela rainforest would collect them and roast them over a fire like marshmellows. Most kids I know don't like to eat things that they think taste bad, let alone go out and collect it and roast it. Of course, I think I would prefer it cooked than raw... and the grubs I tried were dried out. They tasted like dry snot. I think I too will pass on raw grubs.

oldwomanc6

On a side note, why the vitamin reference?

Or is this if you are stranded on an Island somewhere? In which case, if you've got chocolate, yer good ta goo! :P

Ah yes.. vitamin chocolate!
Actually, it just sounded funny to me. Vitamin bug. Though, the two most important non-vitamin vitamins, in my opinion, are chocolate and vitamin beer.