jtval

Moving to NJ

skydiverbry

This was YEARS ago but I did a few jump at Jerry's when I first got off student status and although they are a sall dz you can't meet a bunch of nicer jumpers.

The dz is top of the line when it comes to positive vibes and yessir the DZO is one hell of a character:)
You may also want to check out Skydive Greeensburg. That was where I got my "A" liscense and was my home DZ for about 13 years.

Great times,Bob the DZO brought in and fly a variety of aircraft from turbines to Cessnas.

If do happen to go to Greensburg say Hi to Kip from me,if he's even still am instructor there.

He's one of thee rasons I stuck it out as an AFF student because I was definatly not a "natural";)

Both Dz's were fantastic places to jump at!!!!!
Bry

Cool I'll check em out. It Definitely does not look to be too far out of my way. I gotta find his website either on DZ>com or USPA. A google search looks like there's a lot of skyride bullshit involved.
My photos

My Videos

Skydive Greensburg is now in Frankfort, IN. I think it's called Skydive Indianapolis. Last I heard, Kip is a Harley mechanic in Indy.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Thanks,

After my post I did find out the Greensburg is now Skydive I Indianapolis.

And Kip I lost track of years ago after my move to PA.

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I'll miss that by about 3 weeks.

I AM however, haivng a Bitch of a time finding a place to live.
Kinda sucks to have a short notice move.

Any one know any decent rental agencies?

My PREFERENCE: (house)
2-3 BR 1-2bath, garage, allows pets. in a neighborhood that I wont have to worry about being robbed everytime I leave home.

I will settle for a 10X10 room that allows pets and rents 1-3 month leases.

I just need a place to START.
My photos

My Videos

jtval

I'll miss that by about 3 weeks.

I AM however, haivng a Bitch of a time finding a place to live.
Kinda sucks to have a short notice move.

Any one know any decent rental agencies?

My PREFERENCE: (house)
2-3 BR 1-2bath, garage, allows pets. in a neighborhood that I wont have to worry about being robbed everytime I leave home.

I will settle for a 10X10 room that allows pets and rents 1-3 month leases.

I just need a place to START.

I'm sorry but I don't know any realtors or anyone who is a rental agency in that area.

You know, I think I saw a condo community (that have attached garages, I think) just east of Bordentown's NJ Turnpike exchange. I think it's Chesterfield Township or Mansfield Township, off Route 206 on Route 68.

Just a shot in the dark. Good luck.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Thanks. I found a 1 br apt for just a few hundred dollars more each month than I pay in mortgage for my 3 br house...

Its only a three month lease. It'll get me there so I can look around and find a place to live. I was lucky enough to find a place that will take $500 to allow my pets to stay there even if they do not destroy anything. They've accepted my offer to throw $500 at them for no reason.

Which pretty much means I will piss on the carpets on the way out. I forgot how stupid it is to rent.
My photos

My Videos

jtval

Thanks. I found a 1 br apt for just a few hundred dollars more each month than I pay in mortgage for my 3 br house...

Its only a three month lease. It'll get me there so I can look around and find a place to live. I was lucky enough to find a place that will take $500 to allow my pets to stay there even if they do not destroy anything. They've accepted my offer to throw $500 at them for no reason.

Which pretty much means I will piss on the carpets on the way out. I forgot how stupid it is to rent.

Good news. Takes some pressure off for a bit. What town will you be in temporarily if you don't mind me asking?

And YOU pissing on the carpets on the way out made me laugh. I've always had cats and I remember the struggle to find places that would accept them.

LuckyMcSwervy

Good news. Takes some pressure off for a bit. What town will you be in temporarily if you don't mind me asking?

And YOU pissing on the carpets on the way out made me laugh. I've always had cats and I remember the struggle to find places that would accept them.

That was mostly a wise-ass comment about a stupid rule that will make me lose $500 for no reason.

But, it depends. If I buy another house and I don;t need a reference I may invite all my new friends over to piss on the carpets. LOL

I will be living in edgewater.
My photos

My Videos

That was mostly a wise-ass comment about a stupid rule that will make me lose $500 for no reason.

It's a stupid rule if you're not a landlord. There are many decent landlords and decent tenants. But there are also asshole landlords, and asshole tenants, and each can be a nightmare for the other party. You don't say what kind or how many pets you have. Most pets are more or less fine, but some are real chemical weapons to carpets. Some dogs scratch the shit out of doors with their front paws. So if, hypothetically, the result of your pets being there is that the landlord has to rip out the carpets and pads, sanitize the underfloor, and then replace the pads and carpeting, and possibly repair scratched-up doors, that might easily cost him over $500 to do.

So think of it as an insurance policy, where you're paying a premium for the possibility of a loss, even if it doesn't happen. Wait, better yet - you'll be in New Jersey - think of it as "protection". ;)

-----------------
ETA: It occurs to me you said that they accepted "your offer to pay them an extra $500." That means it was the end-product of a negotiation. Rather than just making the extra $500 non-refundable, did you initially offer to add the $500 to the security deposit, so that at the end of the tenancy you'd get it back if there was no pet-damage, but would relinquish it if there was?

Andy9o8

It's a stupid rule if you're not a landlord. FIXED IT FOR YOU

So think of it as an insurance policy, where you're paying a premium for the possibility of a loss, even if it doesn't happen. Wait, better yet - you'll be in New Jersey - think of it as "protection". ;)

You're out of your mind. It is a fee. For no reason. For a three month lease. I have ZERO issue with the landlord trying to proctect themselves. I have no issue with putting $500 as a DEPOSIT. and If my dogs fuck the place up I have no issue paying for it. But, if my dogs do NOT leave a trace why will they steal $500 from me? The problem is that it is incentive to low lives to not care about their pets behavior.

-----------------
ETA: It occurs to me you said that they accepted "your offer to pay them an extra $500." That means it was the end-product of a negotiation. Rather than just making the extra $500 non-refundable, did you initially offer to add the $500 to the security deposit, so that at the end of the tenancy you'd get it back if there was no pet-damage, but would relinquish it if there was?

Accepted the offer? Can you read sarcasm? This is a fee.
I had a lenghty conversation about the ridiculousnes of it on the phone and I will have another when I meet them face to face.
My photos

My Videos

I grew up in South Jersey (right around the corner from cross keys, coincidentally). Hamilton isn't bad. Kind of in the middle closer to central Jersey, Philly, and not too far from xkeys. Welcome to the land of good skydiving, Wawa, Cheesesteak, Hoagies, and Tastykakes! B|

I haven't lived in Jersey for 11 years, but all of my family is still in Williamstown. Can you tell I miss the food? :D

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

You're out of your mind.

You got a problem wid dat? Yer goin'-a Joisy.

I had a lenghty conversation about the ridiculousnes of it on the phone and I will have another when I meet them face to face.

I ask again: did your conversations w/the LL include an offer by you to pay a larger security deposit rather than a non-refundable fee?

In any event, yeah, sounds like they're being dicks, and I do feel for you, but - business is business. Low supply + high demand = higher price. Dis ain't no charity.

Andy9o8

I ask again: did your conversations w/the LL include an offer by you to pay a larger security deposit rather than a non-refundable fee?

No. When I said that "I get to" in the earlier post it was pure frustration...

That is their policy.
I will get an indepth (written) policy of what these fees cover. before I sign the lease and I will make sure I use that $500 in normal "wear and tear.":D
My photos

My Videos

LyraM45

I grew up in South Jersey (right around the corner from cross keys, coincidentally). Hamilton isn't bad. Kind of in the middle closer to central Jersey, Philly, and not too far from xkeys. Welcome to the land of good skydiving, Wawa, Cheesesteak, Hoagies, and Tastykakes! B|

I haven't lived in Jersey for 11 years, but all of my family is still in Williamstown. Can you tell I miss the food? :D

Yesterday I said I'd shrivel up and die without having a Wawa nearby. :D

jtval

No. When I said that "I get to" in the earlier post it was pure frustration...

That is their policy.
I will get an indepth (written) policy of what these fees cover. before I sign the lease and I will make sure I use that $500 in normal "wear and tear.":D

I hear your frustration, and I'm really not insensitive to it.
Please be cautious. You don't want to be in a position in 3 months of having to fight with them over return of your security deposit. Best of luck to you.

Andy9o8

I hear your frustration, and I'm really not insensitive to it.
Please be cautious. You don't want to be in a position in 3 months of having to fight with them over return of your security deposit. Best of luck to you.

Nah. I'm not REALLY going to piss on the carpets. But, I laugh everytime I think of doing it.
THIS is more like the real scenario.
My photos

My Videos

I drive out next friday. I hope to hit these two DZ's on saturday

Skydive Kansas
Skydive KC

I want to hit these two on sunday.
Fly Free (missouri)
Jerrys circus(indiana)

and then, i'll stop in here before going through to NJ. (I may hit CSC if they're open on monday)Start

I've receive A LOT of feed back about these DZ's. PLEASE, If one of these DZ's is NOT going to allow me to jump, please let me know. I've tried contacting all of them. Only a few replied.
My photos

My Videos

Weather permitting, there is no reason you can't jump at Jerry's. Opens at 10 am in Sundays. Hope to see you there!

Croc
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Ok, I've been able to jump in 4 states in 2 days...so far.

SD Kansas (kansas) Very cool place. Thanks Jenn and Jeremy for getting me on the 1st load. I forgot some names (and my log book is packed up) but I did a 2-way with a newly recurrent jumper.

SD KC (actually in missouri) Another cool place. Thanks for Dani at manifest and Steve H for getting me on the next load. Thanks to Dave for the sit fly.

Explore(jerry's circus) (indiana)
VERY LAID BACK and friendly DZ. (BTW- he's not opposed to dogs you just have to talk to him first. if they're mongrels he'll remove them.)
Thanks Dick (DZO), Gary(pilot) and Joe (2-way) for the Skydive.

Start (ohio)
Made my first resting point.

Thanks phreezone and (my cousin)Kristi for everything.
did two very fun jumps.

Im HOPING to jump in Maryland and Pennsylvania (before thursday)
SD Deep creek
chambersburg

Then, I hope to get a ride in either Xkeys or Jersey shore on thursday.

I drove about 1600Miles so far...

I DID STOP by SKYDIVE GREATER in Kankakee, ill. and had a beer with them.
Thanks Larry and Brad from SD Greater.
And Jeff, Nate, Jody from Illinois skydiving center.

I was completely bummed that I had to drive on. I really wanted to get in the air.
My photos

My Videos