jtval

Moving to NJ

Some of you may have remembered This post about moving to South carolina.

Things changed I am moving to NJ next month.
I hope to hit a few dz's on the way out. Does anyone know anything about
Skydive Kansas
Fly Free (missouri)
Jerrys circus(indiana)

I hope to drive through and stop in for a jump at these DZ's.

Does anyone know anything about hamilton NJ or the surrounding area?

This is relatively a short notice move. I don't know that I know anyone out in Joisey, yet.

DEFINITELY NOT loking forward to humidity, again.
My photos

My Videos

SD Kansas is nice 206 DZ. Landing area is long but narrow for students. Not a problem for experienced that I have seen. Make sure you go to their site and input your numbers and wing into the calculator. Jen won't make any exceptions to her WL limits.

If you are loaded to high for SDKS, there is the K-State club in Abilene. Pretty fun place to jump. Camping on the river an a college vibe. 182.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Damn that sucks! Well, at least you won't be in CT!! ;)

I don't know dick about any of those DZ's that are enroute. But, I grew up in NJ and lived there until I chased a girlfriend up to University of Connecticut about 10 years ago.

Where in NJ are you moving to?

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

jtval

Some of you may have remembered This post about moving to South carolina.

Things changed I am moving to NJ next month.
I hope to hit a few dz's on the way out. Does anyone know anything about
Skydive Kansas
Fly Free (missouri)
Jerrys circus(indiana)

I hope to drive through and stop in for a jump at these DZ's.

Does anyone know anything about hamilton NJ or the surrounding area?

This is relatively a short notice move. I don't know that I know anyone out in Joisey, yet.

DEFINITELY NOT loking forward to humidity, again.

I work in Trenton, right next to Hamilton. Friday nights on 295 to Cross Keys SUCKS BALLS. Especially where it merges with 42.

I live right outside of Atlantic City. You're in a good location for exploring so many places. AC, Philadelphia, NYC.

See you at CK! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

buff

SD Kansas is nice 206 DZ. Landing area is long but narrow for students. Not a problem for experienced that I have seen. Make sure you go to their site and input your numbers and wing into the calculator. Jen won't make any exceptions to her WL limits.

Thanks for the info. I meet her requirements.

LuckyMcSwervy

I work in Trenton, right next to Hamilton. Friday nights on 295 to Cross Keys SUCKS BALLS. Especially where it merges with 42.
I live right outside of Atlantic City. You're in a good location for exploring so many places. AC, Philadelphia, NYC.

See you at CK! :)

Lucky and Rookie,

Is hamilton a decent area to live or should I look elsewhere?
I'm goig to be stationed as McGuire AFB. I'd like to be centrally located. I prefer not to drive more than 15-20 miles to and from work each day.
I thought I saw a DZ about 27 miles from Mcguire. (farmingville?) Is it any good? CK is def close enough...However, I may not be jumping until I acclimate to the humidity. I was there in july 2010...it sucked. IT was like 99* and 300%humidity.
Hows the outdoors activities over there?
Hiking, climbing, runing paths, biking etc?
My photos

My Videos

Im thinking of adding a location...

jtval

Does anyone know anything about
Skydive Kansas
Skydive KC
Fly Free (missouri)
Jerrys circus(indiana)
Last stop before NJ Start

I've jumped in 18 States (and two other countries so far.) This trip'll give me 22 states. Once I'm settled in in NJ, I'll hit those states that I have hit yet.
My photos

My Videos

dzdiva

You're getting closer JT!;):)

I think I heard something.
Did anyone hear anything?
I know this is a website generally for skydivers but, I thought I heard something.

Ah, it was probably a whuffo.:D
My photos

My Videos

I jump at Jerry's Skydiving Circus in Franklin, Indiana. It's a great place, and the DZO is a real character. No place on earth I'd rather jump.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Lucky and Rookie,

Is hamilton a decent area to live or should I look elsewhere?
I'm goig to be stationed as McGuire AFB. I'd like to be centrally located. I prefer not to drive more than 15-20 miles to and from work each day.
I thought I saw a DZ about 27 miles from Mcguire. (farmingville?) Is it any good? CK is def close enough...However, I may not be jumping until I acclimate to the humidity. I was there in july 2010...it sucked. IT was like 99* and 300%humidity.
Hows the outdoors activities over there?
Hiking, climbing, runing paths, biking etc?

I think you can get closer to McGuire than Hamilton. It's decent area but I've never lived there and don't know anything about the real estate. My experience is mostly lunch time going to the shopping center on Route 130. Did you look in Burlington County, maybe Springfield, Mansfield or Mount Holly Townships? Not as "crowded" as Hamilton, I believe. I roll through those places every day on my work commute up Route 206 or 295.

As for humidity, welcome to the beach area. Yup, hot and humid and it hasn't changed. Some fun jumpers are into going to the climbing walls (I don't do this so I don't know anything about it). But I do think there's at least 2 places closeby? One in Mount Laurel and another in Philadelphia, I think? Not positive. As far as hiking and biking, etc., just keep in mind it's pretty flat here and you won't find any "big" hills or stuff like that.

Let me think more about what's going on in that area and post more later.

BTW - I'm thinking the dropzone you're thinking of is Skydive Jersey Shore? I think they're just a small Cessna DZ IIRC. I've never been there.

jtval

***You're getting closer JT!;):)

I think I heard something.
Did anyone hear anything?
I know this is a website generally for skydivers but, I thought I heard something.

Ah, it was probably a whuffo.:D
It's a good thing you're cute mister!>:(:P;)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

LuckyMcSwervy

***I think you can get closer to McGuire than Hamilton. It's decent area but I've never lived there and don't know anything about the real estate. My experience is mostly lunch time going to the shopping center on Route 130. Did you look in Burlington County, maybe Springfield, Mansfield or Mount Holly Townships? Not as "crowded" as Hamilton, I believe. I roll through those places every day on my work commute up Route 206 or 295.

As for humidity, welcome to the beach area. Yup, hot and humid and it hasn't changed. Some fun jumpers are into going to the climbing walls (I don't do this so I don't know anything about it). But I do think there's at least 2 places closeby? One in Mount Laurel and another in Philadelphia, I think? Not positive. As far as hiking and biking, etc., just keep in mind it's pretty flat here and you won't find any "big" hills or stuff like that.

Let me think more about what's going on in that area and post more later.

BTW - I'm thinking the dropzone you're thinking of is Skydive Jersey Shore? I think they're just a small Cessna DZ IIRC. I've never been there.

Cool! Thanks!!! I'm all for the Beach;) Especially, if its miserable.(humid) CK is MUCH closer than I thought. I would love to work a beach demo though, once I get situated. No HILLS???? WTF good is the place, than? I thought Colorado extended to the coastline.

ATTENTION COLORADO PEOPLE: Anyone wanna switch places?

Well, On a positive note: I may be able to learn to ride my unicycle easier on a flat surface. If I wear my ff suit and have my dogs do tricks while I'm riding I can join the circus.
My photos

My Videos

Cool! Thanks!!! I'm all for the Beach;) Especially, if its miserable.(humid) CK is MUCH closer than I thought. I would love to work a beach demo though, once I get situated. No HILLS???? WTF good is the place, than? I thought Colorado extended to the coastline.

Well, On a positive note: I may be able to learn to ride my unicycle easier on a flat surface. If I wear my ff suit and have my dogs do tricks while I'm riding I can join the circus.

CK has a pool. B|

LuckyMcSwervy

CK has a pool. B|

I dont remember a pool...?

normiss

My condolences.
:|

Tell me about it.

kallend

New Jersey - the state you have to pay in order to leave.

They had to give my mother cancer in order to get me INTO NJ.
1-I don't know who THEY is.
2-I asked to be stationed any where close to home (NY)...NJ is the best they could do.
3-I'll be paying to leave quite a bit.
My photos

My Videos

jtval

CK has a pool. B|

I dont remember a pool...?

normiss

My condolences.
:|

Tell me about it.

kallend

New Jersey - the state you have to pay in order to leave.

They had to give my mother cancer in order to get me INTO NJ.
1-I don't know who THEY is.
2-I asked to be stationed any where close to home (NY)...NJ is the best they could do.
3-I'll be paying to leave quite a bit.Let's not compound a bad situation by jumping in New Jersey too. You can't be more than an hour and a half from Sky's the Limit in East Stroudsburg, PA.

This was YEARS ago but I did a few jump at Jerry's when I first got off student status and although they are a sall dz you can't meet a bunch of nicer jumpers.

The dz is top of the line when it comes to positive vibes and yessir the DZO is one hell of a character:)

You may also want to check out Skydive Greeensburg. That was where I got my "A" liscense and was my home DZ for about 13 years.

Great times,Bob the DZO brought in and fly a variety of aircraft from turbines to Cessnas.

If do happen to go to Greensburg say Hi to Kip from me,if he's even still am instructor there.

He's one of thee rasons I stuck it out as an AFF student because I was definatly not a "natural";)

Both Dz's were fantastic places to jump at!!!!!

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)