ridestrong

Apple Quickly Falling Behind the Times

i'll have to agree with that. i hate ms and apple. but ms is where the work is so i do what i have to. blackberry has truly the best os for handheld devices now, but like one review said, the best os doesn't always win or we wouldn't be using ms right now. and it has a sim card and slot for micro sd. that is worth it to me over the iphone right by itself. add the security blackberry has and that tops it off. as for the lack of apps, when you count 200 versions of solitaire as apps, of course you have 200,000.
http://kitswv.com

Reminds me of this gem:

"Arguing with Apple fans: it’s like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it’s victorious."

;)

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

I can see the current weather conditions for my location right on my home screen without having to do a thing and it automatically changes depending on gps location.

I dunno, sounds very complicated.

I have this really simple solution called a 'window'. Its basically a hole in the wall except its covered with glass. It allows you to look outside and see what the weather is like. Also as an added bonus I have this other feature called a 'door'. If you're not satisfied with just looking at what the weather is like, this feature allows you to go outside and experience it first hand.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I can see the current weather conditions for my location right on my home screen without having to do a thing and it automatically changes depending on gps location.

I dunno, sounds very complicated.

I have this really simple solution called a 'window'. Its basically a hole in the wall except its covered with glass. It allows you to look outside and see what the weather is like. Also as an added bonus I have this other feature called a 'door'. If you're not satisfied with just looking at what the weather is like, this feature allows you to go outside and experience it first hand.

Nah, that'll never catch on
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I don't believe it runs Foreflight though. And Foreflight is the only reason I want a smart phone and an iPad (or three).

I love having Foreflight... May even buy an iPad mini when they release the new one cause the regular iPad is just a bit too bulky on my knee for these little airplanes.

I bought the mini JUST to run Foreflight for the exact reason you state. Have a Bad Elf bluetooth GPS which talks to the iPADs (passenger gets one too) and the iPhone.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Go play with an Apple,,,you'll see....;)

They're overpriced and not worth it?

Sorry, I own a Macbook Pro, an iPad, and an iPhone.

The only one I found to be worth it is the iPad.

The iPhone certainly paved the way for smart phones but they've fallen behind IMO, and the Macbook line....don't even get me started on those overpriced machines...
Performance Designs Factory Team

and the Macbook line....don't even get me started on those overpriced machines...

Really? My son is in the market for a new laptop and wondered if he should save up for a Macbook Pro. I'd love to get you started on why they're not worth it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

>he M$ fanboys I've dealt with working in IT were worse than any Apple fanboys I've known.

Not a "fan" of any fanboys myself - Apple, MS, or even (in this case) Samsung. Companies regularly leapfrog each other, and I've seen pretty significant advances in mobile computing from Rim, Microsoft, Apple, Motorola, Samsung, Nokia and even Amazon. Would be silly to ignore such advances to continue with Samsung fanboyism (for example.)

not sure if it still applies, but it used to be that if you wanted to go anywhere in graphic design you wanted a mac. if he just wants a good general purpose computer, i would advise to go with as much ram as you can get, an intel i7, windows 7, and a 500 gb hard drive. manufacturers don't much matter. he will want to try it out at a store, like best buy, to see if the touch pad is to his liking. i got mine from cyberpower pc online because they were one of the few places i could get a laptop with no operating system. it has an i7 and a 500 gb hd, and 8gb ram. but the touch pad kinda sucks. it is centered on the keyboard, not the laptop because it has a keypad also. and it is not as responsive as the toshiba i had before. toshibas are pretty good.
http://kitswv.com

Wife just got me a new blackberry. I wanted blackberry BECAUSE it doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

And it has it's own e-mail :)

What a sweetie. Mine just got an iPhone to replace her worn out blackberry. I'm still on my blackberry but haven't decided what I'm going to get next when my contract is up this summer. It's not going to be the latest and greatest, I can tell you that much. The coverage where I live and work isn't the greatest, but I do have wifi at both.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

and the Macbook line....don't even get me started on those overpriced machines...

Really? My son is in the market for a new laptop and wondered if he should save up for a Macbook Pro. I'd love to get you started on why they're not worth it!

The one I owned was prone to overheating. I had a desktop of theirs that also liked to overheat -- to the point where it actually cooked the video card! It's still serving files downstairs in the basement with a lower-end, cooler-running video card installed in it.

The laptop I got had an ATI video card in it that was pretty feeble when I got it, much less a couple years later. I kind of hate buying a shiny new top-of-the-line laptop with a ton of RAM and then chaining it to an ATI boat-anchor of a video card.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

He's not into graphic design, he's a Real Estate and Finance double major. But, he does store a lot of music files, if that makes a difference. Thanks for your advice!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Fuck OSX, fuck Android, hello open-source ubuntu: http://z4cellforums.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8716249-samsung-galaxy-s3-with-ubuntu-12-04?next=

Oh, and did I mention that the CIA wants to know EVERYTHING about you? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/cia-gus-hunt-big-data_n_2917842.html

With a custom OS and tweaked firewall, those eavesdropping sons of bitches are now deaf. Also, fuck Apple and their hidden agreement clauses that allow them to mine your information.

EDUCATE yourself about how the government is listening in on your life so can you PROTECT your FREEDOM OF PRIVACY!

Fuck OSX, fuck Android, hello open-source ubuntu: http://z4cellforums.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8716249-samsung-galaxy-s3-with-ubuntu-12-04?next=

Oh, and did I mention that the CIA wants to know EVERYTHING about you? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/cia-gus-hunt-big-data_n_2917842.html

With a custom OS and tweaked firewall, those eavesdropping sons of bitches are now deaf. Also, fuck Apple and their hidden agreement clauses that allow them to mine your information.

EDUCATE yourself about how the government is listening in on your life so can you PROTECT your FREEDOM OF PRIVACY!

You didn't need that privacy anyway. You were just going to log in to facebook :P

Hate to tell you this, but Ubuntu is whoring you out just as fast as everyone else. You wanna install Debian and Tor.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

If want ease of use, simple, less hassle and a good looking device take an Apple for a test ride.........

You are right from that standpoint.... if simple and pretty is what you're looking for then stick with apple.

Exactly!
Only certain types of people want that "Look at me! I have a complicated and overloaded device filled with things I'll never need and I KNOW HOW TO RUN IT! AIN'T I COOL?"

Elegance isn't about volume and complexity.

It was until Apple fell so far behind, now all the apple fans are suddenly about "simple & good looking" :P

You mistake what elegance means. Elegance is never about volume and complexity...quite the opposite in fact. And you are y-e-a-r-s behind in what Apple users have always been about.
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You do realize s/w is built to run on a machine....not the other way round, right?

Hey!>:(
Now don't go dragging facts into the discussion.[:/]

Damn me.. I screw up every time I turn around.
Facts suck...I should KNOW that.

[:/]

I had to just laugh at Apple CEO Tim Cook holding a news conference on the eve of the latest Android's release, bashing the product. As if publicly being a whiny prison bitch is going to help Apple's sales and hurt Samsung's. I felt like kicking him in his non-existent nuts apples.

Same here. Whining never wins points.