ridestrong

Apple Quickly Falling Behind the Times

http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/03/18/how-good-is-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-try-amazing/

With the introduction of the new Samsung S4, Apple is just even further behind the technology times.

The iphone and iPad OS simply cannot contend with all of the additional features that the Android platform offers, with countless interactive widgets, shortcuts, auto-updating / fully customizable home screens, Swype texting and so much more.

Android and Samsung have surpassed apple overseas but many Americans are still blinded by the trendiness/hipness of the apple brand to realize they have an inferior product.

(entire post created using Samsung galaxy s2)
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/03/18/how-good-is-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-try-amazing/

With the introduction of the new Samsung S4, Apple is just even further behind the technology times.

The iphone and iPad OS simply cannot contend with all of the additional features that the Android platform offers, with countless interactive widgets, shortcuts, auto-updating / fully customizable home screens, Swype texting and so much more.

Android and Samsung have surpassed apple overseas but many Americans are still blinded by the trendiness/hipness of the apple brand to realize they have an inferior product.

(entire post created using Samsung galaxy s2)

What's the cost differential?

Just curious...finally about to run out of a shitty tmobile contract and will be in the market for a powerful device in the near future...wife loves apple products, I'm not convinced...tastes a lot like kool aid.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I believe they are pretty cost comparable. If you are going to be switching to a new carrier you should be able to take advantage of significant deals on a new phone with the signing of a new contract. I highly recommend a Samsung Galaxy s2 or newer, the power behind these devices are amazing.

Oh Christ,,here we go.....Not every device needs to have every option and the latest apps,,,not everyone wants it or needs it,,just like a sub 100 sq ft canopy ,,,only a few people really benefit,,the rest is marketing bs they slather your balls in,,,,,

If want ease of use, simple, less hassle and a good looking device take an Apple for a test ride.........

I would rather have a BMW with a few good options than a Buick with all the whistle's...... YMMV
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

If want ease of use, simple, less hassle and a good looking device take an Apple for a test ride.........

You are right from that standpoint.... if simple and pretty is what you're looking for then stick with apple.

I love my S2... I was about to upgrade to the S3 but now will plan on the S4.

Androids multiple, customizable home screens make things so much more quick, easy, and manageable. For example I can scroll one one screen to the right and instantly see my auto-updated schedule for the next few days and edit it right there, rather than going to my apps, and opening an app. I can see the current weather conditions for my location right on my home screen without having to do a thing and it automatically changes depending on gps location. I can scroll to the left and see current/ real-time news updates right on the home screen, no app needed.

I could go on and on.... but you already know that...;)

Are you using Swype yet? If not start ASAP... you will catch on quick. It feels primitive to me now when I have to type each letter into to my iPad at work, it takes twice as long to write a msg.

ETA: I tried to find a swype app for my iPad but they don't have the appropriate technology to support it yet. There are a couple knockoff apps but they are crap and not even close to true Swype.

You are right from that standpoint.... if simple and pretty is what you're looking for then stick with apple.

Exactly!
Only certain types of people want that "Look at me! I have a complicated and overloaded device filled with things I'll never need and I KNOW HOW TO RUN IT! AIN'T I COOL?"

Elegance isn't about volume and complexity.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I would rather have a BMW with a few good options than a Buick with all the whistle's...... YMMV

Not me...name doesn't mean much to me anymore, ya get a whole lot more 'car' for the bucks when you quite worrying about the status of the item and look only at the usefulness.

Sure my beemer is nice enough, but we use the bells & whistles car a whole lot more...it get the job done with comfort & ease. doesn't cost 200 bucks for an oil change! ;)

Exactly!
Only certain types of people want that "Look at me! I have a complicated and overloaded device filled with things I'll never need and I KNOW HOW TO RUN IT! AIN'T I COOL?"

Elegance isn't about volume and complexity.

It was until Apple fell so far behind, now all the apple fans are suddenly about "simple & good looking" :P

You do realize s/w is built to run on a machine....not the other way round, right?

Hey!>:(
Now don't go dragging facts into the discussion.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

check out the z10 from blackberry in a few days. with contract from at&t and verizon(i think) $200. i got to try one out and it was sweet. all the reviews say it's better than anything out there yet, and i would have to agree. and if you use it for work, you can secure the work profile and leave the personal profile alone. mine should be here tomorrow or friday.
http://kitswv.com

I hate these stupid little company X is better than company Y fan-boi flame fest. If you like something; get it. If you don't think Apple meets your requirement; fine, buy something else. If you think Apple fits your life style better; fine buy it.

I will say this though, Samgung doesn't seem to have the entire technology eco-system thing figured out. I think that's where Apple's strength is. Not just the one specific product, but the overall integration of everything put together; phone, computer, TV, music, movies....

Maybe that's not important to some people and they want something else; okay cool.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't believe it runs Foreflight though. And Foreflight is the only reason I want a smart phone and an iPad (or three).

I love having Foreflight... May even buy an iPad mini when they release the new one cause the regular iPad is just a bit too bulky on my knee for these little airplanes.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I had to just laugh at Apple CEO Tim Cook holding a news conference on the eve of the latest Android's release, bashing the product. As if publicly being a whiny prison bitch is going to help Apple's sales and hurt Samsung's. I felt like kicking him in his non-existent nuts.

Not just the one specific product, but the overall integration of everything put together; phone, computer, TV, music, movies....

Which is why the discussion is so interesting to me...

Wife loves apple stuff...as do it seems most people in the airline industry these days. Her employer issues company iPads. We also have TV, Movies, Music & computers now in the Apple line.

I'm curious though IF that would be the 'best' was for me to go...I'm not apple savy at this point...I want a powerful handheld for business & personal use.

I say let 'em flame away...I'm learning more that way! ;)

The phone is not the tool........

you're right, it's the Apple fanboys that are the tools;)

The M$ fanboys I've dealt with working in IT were worse than any Apple fanboys I've known.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The phone is not the tool........

you're right, it's the Apple fanboys that are the tools;)

I use a Mac at home, but I really like my HTC One S for my phone (mrowc6 has an iPhone, which I find hard to navigate).

Best of both worlds for me. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9