skydivebeauty

Dating at the dz?

I work as the manifest chick at my dz, and there is this guy (he is the son of the owner) who I really like. Apart from being good looking he is really sweet and friendly towards me. :)Should I let this go any further? Is having a relationship at the dz a good idea? anyone else been in this position?
I really really like him. . .
PS: he is my age

Thanks
x

Unless he is 16yrs old, or you work in Dubai... :-) why not, but tell him the difference between bribes, rewards and gifts. He might also benefit from some reflection on his role as instructor, son of the owner and horny teenager.

Trying to buy you with the oldest trick in the book? Do you need help or do you want to be perceived as weak and helpless?

I`m married to a skydiving woman that is my equal in many respects, or we supplement each oher. If you really like him, have him trat you and consider you as an equal.

How old are you
Think about the environment and make a grown up decision.
If you're old enough to make decisions about your life and skydiving, you SHOULD be old enough to make boyfriend choices:S:S

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

How old are you
Think about the environment and make a grown up decision.
If you're old enough to make decisions about your life and skydiving, you SHOULD be old enough to make boyfriend choices:S:S

I am 19. I know I am old enough to make my own decisions, and I do, but I have never been in this situation before and I am hoping someone might have some good advice.

Reminds me of my DZ
The manifest chick and one of the owners are now a couple with a kid
He still owes beers for "knocking up the manifest chick" :p

On a serious note though, as long as you can remain professional while doing manifest, keep up the same standard of work, why not. No one wants the operation to suffer because 2 teenages are off behind the hanger making out

"Don't fish off the company pier".

LOL, That's awesome, I've never heard that one B|

The one I'm familiar with is

" Don't shit on your front doorstep"

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

On a flight I took a couple years ago, here is what the head flight attendant said during her seat-belt/emergency exit briefing:
"This flight will be especially interesting for me. My ex-husband is the pilot. And my husband is the co-pilot."
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

I'm sure your right...you do know how to make decisions.
You also know deep down inside that this probably isn't a good idea.
Your just looking for the answer you want to hear which is, go for it, it must be true love, you should definitely date this guy....
Realistically this probably isn't a good idea. If you just gotta do it, maybe you should just consider keeping it extremely casual and just offer yourself up as a toy ( which hopefully the romp is equally pleasurable for you ).
To commit to a full blown relationship where all kinds of "feelings" develop surely wouldn't end well, when and if it ends.

Personal thought? HELL NO!!!!

I won't even look at my home DZ girls! They are asexual beings! The least attachment you get to the DZ! The least drama will come from it! The more fun you will have at the DZ (or at work in your case).

I know, I know! There is exception ... but 90% of the cases doesn't work and 50% of those turns ugly... fast! I already know my fare share of people that disappear from DZs because of couple drama!

Do yourself a favor ... keep skydiving and work and relationship separate.
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

...maybe you should just consider keeping it extremely casual and just offer yourself up as a toy ( which hopefully the romp is equally pleasurable for you ).

wut?!
I am hard pressed to think of a more crude way of putting things... maybe "make yourself available for the pleasure of the DZ men"? Geez, dude...
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Do you like the DZ? Do you like the dynamic that you currently have with the your friends that are staff and fun jumpers?

Do you want to screw all of that up?

Your 19 years old, how many relationships do 19+ year olds go through before they finally settle down? A lot normally! The odds are that anything you kick off with the guy won't be a long lasting thing.

If you break up with someone you knew from town, or from HS, from your college classes you can get away from them.

If you break up with this guy or have drama you will see him every time you are at the DZ.

Bad idea!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P