TKruger

Suck

I am a skydiver, a jumper that has run into financial trouble. I’m in the process of moving to new place and trying to reestablish myself. For the past few months I’ve been trying to resolve this issue. I’m trying to take care of my dad who is older and can’t find work and my 9 year old daughter that I have custody of. Recently I’ve found myself in a position where I needed to sell all I had to try to make it by. My Harley Davidson Sportster has gone, My go pro has gone, Multiple fire arms I own have gone, my Big Green Egg has gone and the only thing left is my skydiving gear…It’s up for sale too.

I’m tired of losing things…it’s not that I’m sitting back letting things happen. I’m giving 100% yet I find myself in a position where I have to sell my gear to survive…WTF…….
I’m at a point where I need help. From one direction or the other.
It breaks my heart to sell off my gear but I know I have to do what I have to do. However something tells me that there are other options for survival. Those options I don’t know of …and I’m only basing things off of what I know.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
:S

Things come and go. The sky is always there. Take care of your responsibilities, and come back when you're able. I'm here to tell you, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I sold virtually everything I owned to care for my family, including my gear, when I had to. Now, on the up swing. Chin up, bro!;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

That's just life man, patience and fortitude will see you through. Maybe get some tunnel time in when you can if you have one nearby. That at least doesn't require thousands of dollars of gear, and is less expensive per-minute than freefall. At some point you'll find yourself in a position to start skydiving again, if you don't let these rough times drive you crazy.

Wish I could offer something more helpful, but the times aren't pretty for a lot of people these days. Just build your life on a solid foundation and the rest will follow.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Try signing up with every temporary employment and placement agency you can find. It might not be steady work at first but they should be able to help you find something. Maybe it is time to look at a new career path.

But aside from that, keep having faith and try to focus on what you want and not what you don't want. I know it is difficult when things are tough but it is possible.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

TKruger

I am a skydiver, a jumper that has run into financial trouble. I’m in the process of moving to new place and trying to reestablish myself. For the past few months I’ve been trying to resolve this issue. I’m trying to take care of my dad who is older and can’t find work and my 9 year old daughter that I have custody of. Recently I’ve found myself in a position where I needed to sell all I had to try to make it by. My Harley Davidson Sportster has gone, My go pro has gone, Multiple fire arms I own have gone, my Big Green Egg has gone and the only thing left is my skydiving gear…It’s up for sale too.

I’m tired of losing things…it’s not that I’m sitting back letting things happen. I’m giving 100% yet I find myself in a position where I have to sell my gear to survive…WTF…….
I’m at a point where I need help. From one direction or the other.
It breaks my heart to sell off my gear but I know I have to do what I have to do. However something tells me that there are other options for survival. Those options I don’t know of …and I’m only basing things off of what I know.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
:S

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up".

Life is a journey..up and down. You will get through this.

Which reminds me of one time I got rejected by this one lass (a prospect..I'll try to use a politically correct word based on feedback from airteardo). So you know what I did? I said fuck it and took up skydiving...now all the lass I talk to get really intrigued and wet when I tell them I'm a skydiver.

So the lesson is life has a way of turning to your favor sooner later. Makes sense?

Instead of being down about the toys you have to give up, be grateful for what you do have. You are lucky enough to still have your dad around AND you have a precious little girl. Now that you won't have those toys that don't really include them, it leaves you open to having more opportunities for fun, family time!

What kind of hobbies does your dad have that he can teach to your daughter? Find opportunities for fun times in your area that can include all of you. (Normiss and I just played shuffleboard for free last night and we have a fabulous time!)

The things you mentioned aren't important in the whole scheme of things; you have a family which is the thing you should be cherishing and embracing the most. You have the chance to make memories for your daughter that she'll remember for her lifetime. Go out and have some fun today. Time together doesn't have to cost a thing, it just takes creativity. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Do what you have to do to get by, then, when you come back you'll have new gear! Good luck.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

rwieder

Your not in any position that any of us here haven't been in ourselves. Stay calm, and figure it out. Skydiving rigs, Harleys & guns are replaceable. Thank God you have your health.

Yup when the health goes... it TRULY SUCKS.

I am selling off the fun stuff to pay that part of the medical bills that my wonderful health insurance does not cover and the most expensive heart surgery is yet to come.
I am not quite ready for a dirtnap...but

About 1,000 years ago while going through some training at Ft. Benning, I was invited by one of the Instructors to his house for a Saturday afternoon BBQ & Beer. Turned out to be a Mobile Home Park and was filled with GI's and their families. It was clean, filled with Pine trees and that white sand, blue skies, not too hot, kids were playing all over the place. Each had a dozen parents watching over them.

People started to gather at the improvised community area bringing in chairs, tables, coolers, grill fixings and a nice time broke out. All afternoon/evening there was good conversation as the kids played around in the area with frisbees, softballs, footballs, hide & seek. The adults in the core area with the kids not wondering far off.

I share this with you because it was a life lesson for me. We've all been through those ups & downs. Soldiers never have any great financial "ups," but they didn't let that get them down... they enjoyed their family, friends and the day. And, whenever I've gone from an "up" to a "down," reflected on those times that were simpler and that the quality of life is better than the quantity of life.

On that note, I think I'll take my little girl for a walk to the park... Thanks for reminding me, Later
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Thanks for that :) I'm blessed more then I deserve and that reminded me what I need to do today..

To the poster I moved to Utah 19 years ago on August 1st after watching my father die on July 24 while I was high on meth. As he left this world I knew I wasn't far behind. I packed 2 bags and 1 box and left after the funeral.

In the last 19 years I've been married and had a daughter got divorced her mom moved to California taken her with her.

I got loaded nearly lost everything got clean got fired almost lost everything..got a job got fired got rehired had a son broke up with his mom company went broke was able to buy the inventory and assest with my fiancée started our own buisnes got married bought a house went through a custody battle with my sons mom went through hell with both women.

Worked that out before sons second Christmas 7 years later my son has only had one Christmas without both of his families together.

We all go camping and fishing together. His sister from his mom is staying with us this week while his mom and step dad our out of town. My daughter is now 14 and is an amazing young women whom I talked to daily by text if not by phone.

On Father's Day(my sons birthday too) my wife almost died, she had to have emergency surgery. Doctor said if we had been camping farther away or had delayed 2 more hours the two of us wouldn't have been talking.

2 days later I had neck surgery that had been planed for 6 months. I'm not jumping for a year and still not cleared to lift more then 20lbs.

But My life rocks..We have 4 full time and two part time employees we are building a new house and we have a new puppy. My son and daughter both fly in the tunnel and ski with their step mom. I have over 1000 skydives and more stuff then I know what to do with. But what matters most is I have an amazing family and people that I love with all my heart that love me back. ....and it all started watching my dad die and two bags and a box... Miracles happen and anyone that tells you different have them give me a call...my life is one big miracle..just don't give up...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

rwieder

I've often said, "If the big Man takes me tomorrow; all I can say is, thank you."

Geez guys, were all going to get 6' under sooner or later, no sense in inviting the experience! ;)

Best-
Richard

Ya can't avoid it. Maranatha!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

on the positive side of things. You are actually in a position to have things of value to sell. That puts you a few pegs up from many other people in similar situations.:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm sorry it looks grim right now -- not being able to find a job sucks sucks sucks.

On the other hand, this does give you the opportunity to set the direction for your family. Some pull together in tough times, others pull apart. Make sure everyone in the family knows (and determines) how they can contribute, and everyone will understand their real worth and importance. Particularly for your daughter, this can be a life-changing experience in a good way. Really.

Gear comes and goes, family is what it's all built on. All the best to you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Man at least you still have your gear bro. As of 1.5 years ago I lost everything business I put 10 years of my life in(12hr day everyday), fast car, savings, wing suit, gear, my place you name it.
I have been working for 8 months now and I have nothing back yet, but it’s step by step, and yes it does suck balls, but what you going to do.
I know it’s especially hard when its nothing you have done it’s just the situation that’s fucked everything up, but all you can do is just keep trying.
What does help me is I have been through a few very dark times in my life, I remember I kept trying and once again the good days came. If you have had any hard time use those to keep you sane and remind you things do change.
The option is death and I have thought about it but I am too stubborn for that shit I hope you are too.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I heard on the local news this morning that AMAZON is hiring 5000 people across the country. http://www.amazon.com/gp/jobs/ref=gw_m_b_careers

Try looking at the career links of all the companies found online. It costs nothing to try.
You may have to move.. but many Americans have had to make that choice to go where the jobs are.

(No.. I have never worked for Amazon.com.. that email addy would just be too confusing;) )