fmmobley

Help me decide where to live please...

WA: Not sure about Washington. It all sounds great, but you say you can't jump half the time. If I could get 100 jumps in a year I would be satisfied. Is that possible there?

I easily get 200 jumps a year as a weekend jumper (and instructor) with other family commitments. Portland. Oregon is going to be only somewhat better, but still have similar issues.

John

What are you doing to the nice people:o

Western Wa[:/]

No sun, It rains all time, we have a 10% sales tax , cost of living, is significant etc etc. There's a reason infamous serial killers, Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway the DC sniper etc etc come from this area.

It's the weather [:/]

Portland is a excellent place to relocate to.
Nice DZ and vibes
Great mass transit system
Great bike trail system
No sales tax.

Be sure to check on comparable Real Estate taxes.. and lets not forget thye DO have income tax in OR E GUN which we do not.

Oh yeah, here in WA you can write off the sales tax IF you itemize on your Federal taxes. I save EVERY last reciept and put it in a spreadsheet so I can get every last bit back that I can. It truly is amazing just how much all those pennies add up to in a year.

Update... Thanks for the suggestions everyone. My wife and I made a long roadtrip and checked out all of the places we were considering and have decided on Denver or maybe Ft. Collins (which is not far from Denver).

There is a good DZ nearby, Mile-hi in Longmont. The outdoor activities summer and winter are hard to beat. Also, the city is cycling-friendly. We will be moving next month or September!
... Marion

adamUK

Ah hell, get your arse to the UK. Weather like coastal WA and the rest of Europe's just short (and cheap) flight away. :)

Do you really need more septic tanks over yonder?!

Can't suggest France, either... One of the most beautiful places on earth, spoiled only by its inhabitants :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

>and have decided on Denver . . . .

Great city. Boulder is great as well and is even closer to the DZ. Be careful when you first jump there; the altitude will leave you woozy at exit at first and landings will be a lot faster than you are used to. You might consider getting a bigger canopy for your first few jumps there to make sure you're OK with the extra speed. (It's like going down 2 canopy sizes.)