grue

Did Twinkies change in the 15-20 years since I last had one?

Yes, they have changed considerably....

I'm not sure they can be called food anymore despite the taste you seem to enjoy....

Additionally they busted their bakers union to shreds, put over 5,000 long time employees out of work, their pensions and savings in jepordey, and somehow managed to modernize their new plants, with unskilled labor and automation.

They are now more profitable than ever. The banks that are owned by the same individuals that lent them the money that also have a investment in these same new plants,... to do this are very happy.

Your overweight children will live less years than you, dibeties is on the rise, and your dentist will thank you...

supersize me...

Shelf life, palatability, and some fucked up substance called: "oilestra." Although they use a hidden propiteary name to hide the substance that gives the texture and creem that wonderfull flava.

Additionally they are spending, close to one quarter of a billion dollars on their long range advertising budjet, just to get the world to think they are safe to eat...

You have to be fuckin nuts to eat one of these things....

Although "fried" with a little powdered sugar at Six flags the other day, they were wonderful....

As well as the fried Snickers bars...

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD

Additionally they busted their bakers union to shreds, put over 5,000 long time employees out of work, their pensions and savings in jepordey,

I don't know the whole story there. I'm sure there was greed on both sides. I honestly don't care.

Your overweight children will live less years than you,

I will not have children. The world's population is growing at an unsustainable rate and I will not contribute to that. Also, I don't like kids.

dibeties is on the rise, and your dentist will thank you...

Only live once, right?

Shelf life, palatability, and some fucked up substance called: "oilestra." Although they use a hidden propiteary name to hide the substance that gives the texture and creem that wonderfull flava.

Additionally they are spending, close to one quarter of a billion dollars on their long range advertising budjet, just to get the world to think they are safe to eat...

If it tastes good, eat it. Life's too short to eat like a rabbit.
cavete terrae.

If it tastes good, eat it. Life's too short to eat like a rabbit.

If life is soo short why are you promoting an activity that will shorten it??? I'd rather give up a few cases of "Fat Food" per week, such as your promoting, and live 20 years longer....Lets see at 250 jumps per year, O'h by the way the money I save by not eating yellow shit sticks, I put to jumping and new gear,

Anyways at about 250 jumps per year, that's...250 x 20 = 5000...

Your family will have to purchase a big boy casket, youll need a crane to lift your blubborous ass and girth into the ground,And guess what???

I'll be jumpin over your grave for the next 20, in the blue skys and sunny days...

:):)
C

Seriously dude?

THE TRUTH BEHIND TWINKIES: >>>>>>Clicky>>>>

CLICK HERE >>>>>> What to do with a Twinkie
enjoy :)
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD

If life is soo short why are you promoting an activity that will shorten it???

:)
C

I think the same could be said of every poster here (at least the ones who have actually skydived). :P

Personally, I think it is a balancing act between a long life (and who doesn't want that?) and enjoying it. What good is it to live to be 100 if you didn't enjoy it along the way?

It's been 30+ years since I had a Twinkie, but not because they're unhealthy, but because I wouldn't have enjoyed it.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Wish I could say whether I liked em or not. But I honestly have never had one. Not even one. My folks did not buy pre-processed food ever as I grew up (my candy experience was solely from Halloween), and as an adult the ingredients list just kinda freaks me out.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

oldwomanc6

***If life is soo short why are you promoting an activity that will shorten it???

:)
C

I think the same could be said of every poster here (at least the ones who have actually skydived). :P

Personally, I think it is a balancing act between a long life (and who doesn't want that?) and enjoying it. What good is it to live to be 100 if you didn't enjoy it along the way?

It's been 30+ years since I had a Twinkie, but not because they're unhealthy, but because I wouldn't have enjoyed it.
Amen.
I cannot say I really ever felt a draw to twinkies. But I do indulge in poutine on a semi-regular basis, and that stuff just CAN'T be much better for you than a twinkie. But man... soooo goood.... like gravy smothered, cheesy crack...
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

ChrisD

If life is soo short why are you promoting an activity that will may shorten it???

Fixed. I'm pretty sure that the two twinkies I've had in 2013 have very little effect on my health. I do 6 sessions at the gym per week, I track my caloric input, and I'm not worried.

I'd rather give up a few cases of "Fat Food" per week, such as your promoting, and live 20 years longer....Lets see at 250 jumps per year, O'h by the way the money I save by not eating yellow shit sticks, I put to jumping and new gear,

A few CASES of twinkies per week? 20 years off my life? :D

How much do you spend on alcohol, and how much do you think that affects your health? I ask because I don't drink, never have, and statistically speaking I bet you do.

Given the disproportionately high percentage of smokers in the skydiving community, and your location, I wouldn't be surprised if you partake in that, too.

Your family will have to purchase a big boy casket, youll need a crane to lift your blubborous ass and girth into the ground,And guess what???

Burial is for selfish assholes. Cremation or just being fed to wild animals is how I'd like to be disposed of. As for the rest of it, I burn more calories than I eat, and thus I do not gain weight. Pretty basic.

cavete terrae.

Amazon

Hey.. go for it... the one on the shelf that you did not eat from the bulk package at the time is probably still just as edible now... and will still be just the same sitting there on the shelf for 20 more years.

That's a myth, they go bad just like nearly anything else. They have good shelf life for a baked good but aren't really impressive outside of that context. The one I had that inspired this post had a use-by date of September.
cavete terrae.

I might get blasted for this but: I'm not going to live one second past the time I'm suppose to,its as simple as that.

And holy hell if eating a deep fried Twinkie once isn't going to kill me a second sooner then that. Dang!

To the guy with the John Wayne avatar I'll say that's the best one on here. Looks to be from the movie Green Berets.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I might get blasted for this but: I'm not going to live one second past the time I'm suppose to,its as simple as that.

I don't believe in god(s), fate, karma or any of that, but I agree with you in principle. Live life and enjoy it. When you die, you'll die.
cavete terrae.

promise5

But before then you HAVE to try a deep fried Twinkie and maybe even a couple deep fried Oreos. Yumm!!!!

I would try 'em if I saw 'em somewhere, but I don't know where I'd have to be to see such a thing.
cavete terrae.

grue

***But before then you HAVE to try a deep fried Twinkie and maybe even a couple deep fried Oreos. Yumm!!!!

I would try 'em if I saw 'em somewhere, but I don't know where I'd have to be to see such a thing.

Didn't you go to school in Minnesota? The Minnesota State Fair invented that shit and took it to a whole new level.

http://www.mnstatefair.org/find/food/

Search for the "on a stick" category and behold... :S:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

******But before then you HAVE to try a deep fried Twinkie and maybe even a couple deep fried Oreos. Yumm!!!!

Didn't you go to school in Minnesota? The Minnesota State Fair invented that shit and took it to a whole new level.

http://www.mnstatefair.org/find/food/

Search for the "on a stick" category and behold... :S:D

State/local fairs I have been to: 0 :D

That said, perhaps I've been remiss…
cavete terrae.