grue

Why do some/many people assume everyone want marriage/kids?

Darius11

Best line by Doug Stanhope " If marriage didn't exist would you invent it?"

"I'm Doug Stanhope and that's why I drink.":D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

>I generally ask them "if everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?"

Remember, these are all people you trusted. Would you jump? Would you at least look in the woods?

No, these are not people I trust, these are people who feel they have a right to an opinion, lol. Usually someone else's mum /granny / neighbour / random person met at a function or whatever.

I have lost count of the number of people who know nothing much more about me than my name telling me I should get married or have kids or buy a house or whatever, for no reason whatsoever that I can see, other than "everyone does it"! Which for me is no reason at all.....

Now I can ask them if they would jump out of a plane :D

And no, I am never getting married again. For all those people who say "never is a long time", so is "forever" and there's no way I'm promising that to anyone again :P
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

I'm up to about 164 or so.

Last weekend we added about 12 to our list.
It is audio - some visual, but mostly just audio.

Soiled little brats!>:(

No - I didn't spell that wrong.:)
It was a lot like this,
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun