BigMikeH77

Nicotine Lozenges

Yup. And they work, but are very addictive. I've been smoke free for 3+ years because of 'em! I view them as the lesser of two evils. Problem is... now I'm addicted to the lozenges. I have looked into it, and actually am now ready to officially withdraw. Apparently it takes about 72 hours for the nicotine to leave you're body, and because you're not addicted to cigarettes, but have a chewing addiction (as I do, I realize) it's definitely not as bad to quit with just gum or mints. I say stick with 'em!

I had a friend get addicted to those things without ever smoking!

You should try my apathy method of quitting smoking! I can't be bothered to go to the store to buy a pack of smokes! I never really smoked cigarettes though; I said to myself that if I had a habit that was going to kill me, it should be as difficult as possible. So I smoked a pipe (YES, with tobacco, you guys!) That's a huge pain in the ass. A full bowl will last an hour, you can suck burning hot coals into the back of your throat (And I also refused to use a pipe screen for the same reason I smoked a pipe in the first place) and you had to clean it out before and after every smoke or it'd start tasting foul.

I never actually technically quit, I just haven't smoked in about 10 years. Since I only smoked a couple times a week, I quickly realized that I'd get a headache the day after smoking. That was my body telling me it wanted more nicotine in the most obnoxious way possible. So I just decided to cut back, and cut way, way back. I will carry pipe and tobacco if I travel to a country where smoking is prevalent -- last one was Romania. The air over there would give you lung cancer anyway, so I figured may as well enjoy it...

Since I started on a pipe, I never could transition to cigarettes. They don't taste like anything. You smoke a pipe, you taste the tobacco! Back when I was smoking, you could get an ounce of pipe tobacco for around $3 and it'd last me a couple of months.

Hmm. Well I don't know much about nicotine lozenges, but it kind of sounds like I'm advising you to switch to a pipe! Heh heh heh. Statement not evaluated by the FDA yadda yadda. If you do that, remember to not inhale. That got one of my co-workers in Romania when he asked if he could try my pipe. I specifically told him not to, too, and he still did. Despite usually smoking unfiltered camels, he still turned green and started coughing.

I was never really psychologically addicted to nicotine though. I can take one puff on a cigarette and hand it back.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I tried the pipe method last year. Went to the tobacconist and got a good quality starter pipe (Those things aint' cheap!) and some good neutral tobacco to break it in with and some filters.

I made it part of my nighttime routine - I'd sit and watch the news or something with a cup of hot tea and smoke my pipe. Jeez, all I needed was a nice robe and Hugh Hefner'd have NOTHING on me!B|

But smoking a pipe is a big pain in the ass. Much better than any old cigarette, but a pain in the ass.:(

Why on earth would anyone take nicotine lozenges when they're not a smoker?!?!

ruleofpull

Yup. And they work, but are very addictive. I've been smoke free for 3+ years because of 'em! I view them as the lesser of two evils. Problem is... now I'm addicted to the lozenges. I have looked into it, and actually am now ready to officially withdraw. Apparently it takes about 72 hours for the nicotine to leave you're body, and because you're not addicted to cigarettes, but have a chewing addiction (as I do, I realize) it's definitely not as bad to quit with just gum or mints. I say stick with 'em!

I don't know if I could do the lozenges for more than a couple months. It makes a funky film on my tongue and lips... But yes, definitely the lesser of two evils.

The withdrawal does suck, so does going from smoking cigarettes to using NRT whether it be a patch, gum, or lozenges. It takes a mighty lot of willpower in the morning and after meals.

I did manage to quit for 7 months a few years ago. Used the patch. Since then its been an off again on again relationship - those are usually the unhealthiest to be in so I'm ready to let it go:S. And for Gods sake, I'm 36 not 20 and have no business smoking. It's not cool anymore.

Congratulations on being smoke free for three years!

BigMikeH77

I tried the pipe method last year. Went to the tobacconist and got a good quality starter pipe (Those things aint' cheap!) and some good neutral tobacco to break it in with and some filters.

I made it part of my nighttime routine - I'd sit and watch the news or something with a cup of hot tea and smoke my pipe. Jeez, all I needed was a nice robe and Hugh Hefner'd have NOTHING on me!B|

But smoking a pipe is a big pain in the ass. Much better than any old cigarette, but a pain in the ass.:(

Why on earth would anyone take nicotine lozenges when they're not a smoker?!?!

Well that was kind of the point of smoking a pipe! It make smoking inconvenient! When I was stressed out I might smoke a couple times a week, most of the time it was more like a couple times a month. I'd sit outside a coffee shop in Raleigh and people would come by and complement the smell of the tobacco I was smoking. You never get that with cigarettes!

If you want to quit, just quit. My sister's been smoking a pack a day since she was 13. She's tried to quit, but she can't. I'm pretty sure it's because she doesn't want to. I find it's damn near impossible to make me do something I don't want to do. Like Mencia says, quit or be happy with your vice. Don't be eating ice cream and crying at the same time. Why would I quit smoking right now? If I got lung cancer, I'd get less time to spend in my life skydiving.

I quit coffee once. That's my vice. I had the worst headache for two weeks straight going off caffeine. Headaches, hot flashes, and nightmares. Then I felt great. A few months later I needed to stay up late one day and that was the end of that.

I don't know why you'd take lozenges if you're not a smoker, this guy was just like that. Really bright guy, but stranger than me (And I feel like that's saying a lot.)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I used to chew tobacco and the only thing that worked to help me quit was the patches. I tried the gum and it just wasn't cutting it..

I remember putting the first patch on and just feeling much better - then followed the taper off program.

That was in 2001 - have not had a dip since..

Hang in there; it's worh it to try again:ph34r:

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!