Zep

Do aircraft ever get stolen

Reading SansSuit post title made me wonder,
cars,bikes,boats nearly every form of personnel transport
gets stolen (not by me though)
I can't imagine walking round the corner to where you parked the plane
and getting that sinking feeling when you see it's not there anymore.

Any one know of a personnel aircraft being stolen?

Gone fishing

I've seen "Airplane Repo" on TV a few times....:|
sorta like stealin' a plane but ONLY from someone who is Stealing it Already.......From the bank.... or whoever financed it...>:(

There was that kid on the west coast,,, who was stealing planes a while ago ... wasn't there?????

...and i would guess that it happens more often than we know....

Hmm, not sure how often.
Have heard of medium sized aircraft being stolen, to make cargo runs "across the border". And the occasional small plane being stolen for a joyride. I guess it is rare but always makes the news, if some teenage student pilot decides to do that. Radios & electronics do get stolen from aircraft, after all, light planes have traditionally had pretty flimsy locks and doors. Also related but not quite the same as your question, there has been vandalism and arson against planes and hangars with aircraft. Not quite sure by whom, but I get the impression that it has been radical anti-airport environmentalists. Have heard of it a few times in Europe.

Zep

This is the USA we know everything why steal a little plane when you can steal a C-130E:)
Google: crew chief steals C-130, Mildenhall England. The plane was headed over the channel instead of atlantic.:(

The USAF never got their airplane back[;)

Their are two versions.

The official govt version and the truth. I was there. I know what happened.[:/]

That is all time for a nap;)

If you cant find the link to bad its there with all the info I supplied. I get >:(people wake me up from my nap asking stupid questions.

This not classified info, its history. From a earlier time where the aircrews were very busy 1964 -197?

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

I used to know a guy who knew a guy who had about 300 acres of property. About half of that property was his own personal vehicle junkyard. The other half he had a big backhoe, and would dig up huge pits. Someone would steal a rig, drive it into the pit, they would cover it up, and a year or so later, when the heat was off, dig it back up, clean it up and resell it. They had a Cessna Skyhawk buried in there too.. same purpose.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Zep

Nope...Mexicans can't fly planes :ph34r:

Did he have some sort of underground hanger? I can't imagine for even a nanosecond a Cessna Skyhawk would survive being buried and still be in any sort of useable condition. They are built just barely strong enough to keep the rain out and frequently don't succeed at doing that. A small amount of dirt on top of them and they ought to crush like an aluminum can underfoot.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'll be honest, I didn't see it, and I didn't ask too many questions. I was just there to buy a tailgate to replace one that was damaged. From his somewhat legal-ish scrapyard. But I imagine that they set it up so it would not be too damaged, otherwise no sale.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Can we put it to a vote? Trying to avoid feeding the trolls, but the constant useless posts in every single topical forum is bullshit, and borderline insufferable.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

This is not "Survivor." The tribe doesn't vote people off. As has been said many times, "this ain't no democracy."

That's not to say they can't nudge a guy into behaving a bit better. Just don't go nuts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

This is not "Survivor." The tribe doesn't vote people off. As has been said many times, "this ain't no democracy."

That's not to say they can't nudge a guy into behaving a bit better. Just don't go nuts.

Will do..i won't go nuts and i'll behave a bit better.
Sorry about the mexican comment.