grandmaster95

Anyone here ride?

oldwomanc6

***I just saw this in the local CraigsList today.
Can't beat that price!!!:D
And check out those HP specs!:o

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3951820464.html

Even I know that's underpriced! :D

eta: My blue car only has 450hp. Do bikes actually have that kind of hp? Yikes!

Well the stock bikes (no turbo) first-generation are ~160HP, and second-gen 197HP.

I really wonder how long a 1300cc engine would last when you are pushing that kind of power out of it.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm not much of a Guzzi fan, but I have to say that your bike is gorgeous.

I ride a BMW F800R as daily commuter (morning: highway and city with heavy traffic - evening: i get out of the city ASAP and then twisty little roads to get home ;) ). Dark grey color, as soap and sponges aren't my favourite hobby.

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

I really wonder how long a 1300cc engine would last when you are pushing that kind of power out of it.

We're talking cars, not bikes, but next year's Formula 1 regulations call for 1.6 L engines. And you can bet they will be close to 700 hp (with another 160 in KERS)
Remster

Remster

I really wonder how long a 1300cc engine would last when you are pushing that kind of power out of it.

We're talking cars, not bikes, but next year's Formula 1 regulations call for 1.6 L engines. And you can bet they will be close to 700 hp (with another 160 in KERS)

I think the owners of racing engines expect to do engine overhauls a *lot* more often than the typical street car owner is prepared to do.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I think the owners of racing engines expect to do engine overhauls a *lot* more often than the typical street car owner is prepared to do.

No argument there... F1 engines must last 2 race weekends (or 3, cant remember now) without any major component changes. But that's it.

Still pretty amazing when you think about it.
Remster

Remster

(with another 160 in KERS)

I had to google that.
Fascinating: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_recovery_system

What this doesn't explain is how it is activated.
Is it linked into the throttle and brake pedals?

ryoder

***(with another 160 in KERS)

I had to google that.
Fascinating: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_recovery_system

What this doesn't explain is how it is activated.
Is it linked into the throttle and brake pedals?

It's activated by a button on the steering wheel.

It's regenerated by the engine during braking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7GG_bvo-I
Remster

Currently I ride a Suzuki V-Strom 650. Love it with Givi bag set, aftermarket seat and adjustable Windscreen.

Have also had
Honda Shadow 1100
Yamaha SECA II 650
Yamaha Virago 750

Riding = good times! :)
Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

sdctlc

Currently I ride a Suzuki V-Strom 650. Love it with Givi bag set, aftermarket seat and adjustable Windscreen.

I have the street version ;) A SV 650. Pretty much all stock. Great bike for the city, and takes to the highway pretty well, Tho, at 6'2, I wouldn't ride it for long distances.
Remster

sdctlc

Currently I ride a Suzuki V-Strom 650.

When I was shopping for a used bike, I was looking for either a Versys or a V-Strom. It just happened the Versys was what I found first, and the deal was too good to pass up.

Agree'd very ugly. The Hayabusa and the ZX14R aren't meant to do much more than go in a straight line really fast. Esepcially when you throw a turbo, extended swingarm, and larger injectors on them. However, they are the most common drag bike.

Although giving anything more power will increase the wear and tear on an engine, most people don't have problems with blowing these engines up. If they do, it's because lack of oil on the bottom end and causes a spun rod bearing, which can lead to crank and case damage if it's bad enough. This problem is more common on twin engines.

The new Ducati 1199 Panigale is like driving an F1 car on the street (power wise). That's with no upgrades and fresh off the showroom floor.

Ferrari F1 car produces 700 hp and weighs 1,411 pounds for a 2:1 power-to-weight ratio.

While the new Ducati produces 195 hp and weighs 415 pounds. For a ratio of 2.1:1 power-to-weight.

Pretty crazy how far manufactures have come on their engine development.
Turn to the storm and say, "Give your worst, and I shall give my best."

My fun bike is a Vulcan 800 I've chopped up.
My "fun" other bike is a Honda st1300p-abs. Previously I had a BMW 1150rt.

Although I have ridden many others from Harley's to hardlies.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

AggieDave

My "fun" other bike is a Honda st1300p-abs.

What do you think of the ABS, and can it be turned off?

ryoder

My "fun" other bike is a Honda st1300p-abs.

What do you think of the ABS, and can it be turned off?

The abs has saved my life and no you can't turn it off. My former BMW had abs as well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

grandmaster95

While the new Ducati produces 195 hp and weighs 415 pounds. For a ratio of 2.1:1 power-to-weight.

Dayum! 35 pounds *less* than my 650!

Ferrari F1 car produces 700 hp and weighs 1,411 pounds for a 2:1 power-to-weight ratio.

Kinda...

With a driver (say, 180 lbs), the car has a much higher power / weight ratio.
Remster

Remster

***Currently I ride a Suzuki V-Strom 650. Love it with Givi bag set, aftermarket seat and adjustable Windscreen.

I have the street version ;) A SV 650. Pretty much all stock. Great bike for the city, and takes to the highway pretty well, Tho, at 6'2, I wouldn't ride it for long distances.

Another SV650 rider here. :)
The best things in life are dangerous.

2008 Ninja ZX10R.. K&N Race Filter, Power Commander 5-tuned to 185hp to the wheel, Slip on exhaust, Suspensions tuned for my weight. frame sliders. Nothing special but there are none around here that look or sound as good. atleast none that keep up for me to see or hear :P It wont let me attach the picture because its to big i guess.