Tink1717

Whuffos

So, why is it that whuffos get freaked out when they see a photo of someone jumping in sandals/Tevas? Never did make any sense to me.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

oldwomanc6

It's because it's a well-known fact that at freefall speeds, your toes will become detached unless contained in a wind-proof casing.

Yah, this is why everyone got on my case about ninja shoes. It was for my own good really, since I like all my toes! And there's no RELIABLE video evidence that I EVER jumped on the things.

<_<

>_>
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Tink1717

So, why is it that whuffos get freaked out when they see a photo of someone jumping in sandals/Tevas? Never did make any sense to me.

On the flip side . . . you may want to take a look at Roger Ponce's feet someday.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***So, why is it that whuffos get freaked out when they see a photo of someone jumping in sandals/Tevas? Never did make any sense to me.

On the flip side . . . you may want to take a look at Roger Ponce's feet someday.

Don't you mean the flip-flop side? :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

quade

***So, why is it that whuffos get freaked out when they see a photo of someone jumping in sandals/Tevas? Never did make any sense to me.

Or Alexis Perry's ankles

Gone fishing

Hi Tink,
'Been around the sport almost a half-century now and watched it grow from the combat boots daze to what it is now!! Whereas the sport has changed, the perception of it in the minds or the Whuff have not!! What ever happened to all those "Frenchies*" we don't wear any more??

* French Para-Boots usta' sell for $29.95 at Scare-a-Gear!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

skybill

What ever happened to all those "Frenchies*" we don't wear any more??

I only wear mine once and throw them away ...... or are you talking about something else ? ... probably :-P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

shropshire

*** What ever happened to all those "Frenchies*" we don't wear any more??

I only wear mine once and throw them away ...... or are you talking about something else ? ... probably :-PHi Shroppie,
'Last pair I had I donated to Jim McDonald's DZ at Otay back when I got my StratoStar!! I'm guessin' yer a "Turbine Baby" in the Sport. Do a little diggin' thru some old Scare-a-chutist or LC's Skydiver Mag and maybe you'll find out.........

Maybe I shoulda' had em' "Bronzed" and put them on top of the TV set next to the "Rabbit Ears" with the aluminum foil wrapped around them.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi bill,

Here you go:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/120446876/deadstock-paraboot-black-striped-para?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=vintage_mid&gclid=COqAmYfYkbkCFaNxQgodgAMA8A

Not the first version but close enough to enlighten the young'ens.

JerryBaumchen

PS) For the trivia folks: Anyone know who originally had the exclusive on the importation of French Boots into the US?

Ted Strong

JerryBaumchen

Hi bill,

Here you go:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/120446876/deadstock-paraboot-black-striped-para?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=vintage_mid&gclid=COqAmYfYkbkCFaNxQgodgAMA8A

Not the first version but close enough to enlighten the young'ens.

JerryBaumchen

PS) For the trivia folks: Anyone know who originally had the exclusive on the importation of French Boots into the US?

Ted Strong

Hi Jerry,
:ph34r::D:D:D:SB|;););)$240.00:D:D:D That's a long haul from $29.95!! Those pictured were the "Lighter weight" version for doing "Style!!" yet giving the jumper the option to have the ankle support for an accuracy approach on the same jump. Later they were advertised as "Relative Work" Boots!! ;);)
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

shropshire

I only wear mine once and throw them away ...... or are you talking about something else ? ... probably :-P
Hi Shroppie,
Note the above post from Jerry. Got $240.00????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

shropshire

:ph34r::ph34r:HAHA probably completely lost on the Yanks lad :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

****** What ever happened to all those "Frenchies*" we don't wear any more??

:ph34r::ph34r:HAHA probably completely lost on the Yanks lad :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Nope. We understood, and chose to ignore. :P

Well, some of us, anyway. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9