ryoder

"Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you"

It sounds like another Go-Pro statistic. Someone who wanted to shoot some "cool" footage of what they thought was important (in this case, the speed of their awesome coolness) instead of paying attention to business. :S

That being said, wildlife can and will try to commit murder/ suicide if you are distracted for even a fraction of the time this guy was. :(

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Moose seem especially keen on these kamikaze missions. Except usually the moose walks away a little stunned, and you have to pay to get your airbag reinstalled. You drive through some of the parks (Provincial/national), you have to drive fairly slowly... you never know which corner a ton and a half of bull moose might be hiding behind.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Happened to me (even had a gopro mounted to my tank) last year, except it was a fawn and I wasn't speeding. I managed to swerve enough so that it only tagged my foot and back wheel though. I looked back and it scampered off into the brush so I just kept riding.