turtlespeed

Food question

Scenario:
Sitting in a restaurant, your food arrives . . .

The person you are eating lunch with reaches over and samples some of your food.
Permission wasn't asked for or implied.

What happens next?
What do you do?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think it's rude to take someone's food without asking, even if it is your S.O. and you know they'd share anyway. One should always ask first and even offer a taste of their own food in exchange.

What would I do? I'd probably say, "that was rude for tasting my food without asking!" and give that person a stare so they know I mean business!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

turtlespeed

What happens next?
What do you do?

If person equals male, then stab with fork.
If person does not equal male and I have no intention on having sex with, then stab with fork.
Else, let slide.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***What happens next?
What do you do?

If person equals male, then stab with fork.
If person does not equal male and I have no intention on having sex with, then stab with fork.
Else, let slide.
If the person KEPT taking food, then this.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

quade

***My solution was to ask if they wanted the rest. Then sent it away when the waiter returned.

Well...that's just rude. ;)

I was informed that my reaction was irrational, and that normal people wouldn't have any problem with someone sampling.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

My solution was to ask if they wanted the rest. Then sent it away when the waiter returned.

This post is about me. I dipped my chip into your chili just to try it because you said it was good, and you wouldn't touch it after that...........as if I contaminated it. I asked the waiter to bring a new bowl (because it seemed to be contaminated) you were so offended that I dipped my chip in it. You turned it down. I am so disappointed in you right now that you would bring this up on a public forum.

So don't sit there and mislead people. You are being ridiculous.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

goofyjumper

***My solution was to ask if they wanted the rest. Then sent it away when the waiter returned.

This post is about me. I dipped my chip into your chili just to try it because you said it was good, and you wouldn't touch it after that...........as if I contaminated it. I asked the waiter to bring a new bowl (because it seemed to be contaminated) you were so offended that I dipped my chip in it. You turned it down. I am so disappointed in you right now that you would bring this up on a public forum.

Don't even TRY to act like it was f your idea to lost this question here.!

goofyjumper

But did you double dip the chip? Ate part of it then dipped it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWuSi00CcNk&sns=em

If she had an infectious disease, used a spoon and then dipped it in your bowl, I can understand you sending it back. I'm somewhat of a germaphobe, so that would gross me out. It doesn't seem like that applied, so IMO you surpassed her level of rudeness with being a jerk.

Now that you've brought it to a public forum, (where neither of you are anonymous since so many of us have met you), you have double jerk points.

Ding! Brandy wins this one. Now, kiss and make-up. In the big picture of life, this isn't important. Treat each other with kindness and respect, and you will have a happy life. Go enjoy each other this weekend, life is too short for this silliness.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

turtlespeed

Scenario:
Sitting in a restaurant, your food arrives . . .

The person you are eating lunch with reaches over and samples some of your food.
Permission wasn't asked for or implied.

What happens next?
What do you do?

I don't care who it is... I'm dumping my plate's contents right on their head.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

turtlespeed

My solution was to ask if they wanted the rest. Then sent it away when the waiter returned.

seriously dude. I understand sampling without asking is ethiquette flaw, but having it taken back for it is way worse and plain bad behaviour by you. The other one didn't mean offense to you, but you did to her. Simple "I appreciate being asked before my food is being touched" should suffice. And to be honest, on a date I would just let it slide.

Life is much more fun when you don't make a huge deal out of something so small.