tumbler

looks like Bill had a bumpy landing

Nice job, Bill! B|B|

$hit happens, engines go belly up but you did an awesome job of bringing it down, not hurting anyone else and walking away in one piece. I've been a passenger in a forced landing before and I love a pilot that keeps his head straight and flies the plane to a complete stop. :)

mirage62

What get's me is I bet Bill really looks after his engine. As a fairly low time pilot I do everything I can to baby that single engine but realize it can die.......

A friend of mine from years ago had one. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082966/22-year-old-female-pilot-dodges-cars-makes-emergency-landing-busy-downtown-street.html

Civil air patrol 172, was running perfectly till something snapped in the engine and turned the fan off. With as many things that COULD happen to cause total loss of power and remembering that even A&P-IA's are human, I think that we're doing pretty good.

IIRC some bolt sheered off and cause the whole mess.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ugh!
Engine failure?
At night?
Landing on a city street?
:o

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy to walk away from that, too!

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yep, she did an awesome job and even has become a member of the FAAST and spoken at several aviation events about it. "Miracle on Davis Street" I think they call it.

She's got her Commercial and working on her CFI certificate now.

I actually flew from Houston to Colorado Springs and back with her to build my X-C PIC/hood time for my instrument rating.

Ironically, I know her from the Army. Her team was assigned to my unit to provide some communications support on my third deployment.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

jumpwally

Whats so funny about that ?

You didn't see all the squawking here when Booth took his 12yo daughter as a tandem passenger at the North Pole?

It is at the 9:30 point in this video: http://growingbolder.com/media/sports/extreme/bill-booth-exclusive-access-314089.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.