spikes2020

Roommate Prank Retaliation

I currently own a house and rent out 2 of the rooms..So i dont want to damage it. Well my roommates have pranked me twice and i really need to get them back.

First prank they did was they sticky noted my entire room and made a mario on my back wall out of colored sticky notes. Then handed me a pen as soon as i got home.

Second was they filled my room with balloons, and handed me my knife as soon as i got home.

I am currently thinking that spiders are the way to go. He hates them and would totaly flip out.

So far i have gotten 80 tiny black plastic spiders and 24 large colored spiders to hide all over his room/car/bathroom/drawrs/bed/closet.... Along with 10 packs of spider webs, each covering 200 SF. Total cost ~20 bucks off ebay.

I also want to buy a real spider to complete the joke and inspiring real fear in him.

The plan is he would come into the room seeing that it is covered with fake spiders and what not and casualy clean it up. Until he finds the real one... Then after that each fake one would flip him out. Being that there are so many he would continue to find fake ones for months....

Where should i hide the real one? (I've never had a pet spider before, i dont want to hurt it)
What do you guys think?
Any Improvements?
What kind of real spider? (was thinking pink toed taranchula)

I was going to post this to reddit but he reads that, so i decided to see about fellow skydivers.
Cheers

Jon W

So far all his pranks have only involved a bit of annoyance and clean up.

I would be extremely careful about escalating things beyond that and into the realm of fear and especially if it involved real spiders that might not be quite as easy to get rid of as post it notes.

The thing to remember about practical "jokes" is they're only really jokes if the other guy is the one laughing the hardest at the end. Otherwise, you're just kind of an asshole.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

His pranks thus far seem to involve more work on his behalf than would be needed to clean up.
Maybe get help from a friend and move his bed out of his room into the balcony or backyard. On a non-rainy day.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Be careful about escalating a prank war. Keep it to pranks that are more annoying than terrifying. You could saran wrap his car, tightly stretch saran wrap over his door frame while he's in his room so he walks into it, get a bunch of phonebooks and fill his doorway, rotate all of his bedroom furniture 90 degrees, etc.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Just make a plate of nachoes out of dogfood when he's out on a drinking session, and leave a note on the fridge door saying supper is in the fridge.

When he comes home half cut with the munchies, you've got him.

Or: Insert a meat flavoured stock cube into his shower head, then he'll wonder why all the stray dogs in the neighbourhood keep following him around.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

NorrinRadd

His pranks thus far seem to involve more work on his behalf than would be needed to clean up.
Maybe get help from a friend and move his bed out of his room into the balcony or backyard. On a non-rainy day.

I'm still finding post it notes every where... 1 wall is still mostly covered. They aren't as easy to clean up and you would hope.

The balloons are mostly gone... every now and then i find a peice of one or a old condom... .... JK
Cheers

Jon W

I wouldn't escalate it to that point. I've pulled quite a bit of good hearted pranks on people, but ya need to make sure to sanity check them before you do to make sure you're not crossing a line.

I would probably fill up the bathtub (provided their shower is a bathtub) with packing peanuts or something that does no harm but is entertaining when they wake up to go take a shower and realize they've got a million packing peanuts to wade thru.

Years ago I got a motor out of one of the old style massage chairs (basically just a big AC motor with an off balance flywheel so it vibrated)... strapped it to the bottom of my brothers bed and had an X10 (or similar) remote control switch for it. Hit the button a little while after he starts nodding off. (extra points if you turn it off right away and can convince him it was just a dream and get him a few more times over the course of a few weeks).

Take a few spools of dental floss and go thru the room suspending random things in your 'spider web'. I used to have a good picture of this but I can't remember where it's at. Floss is amazingly strong and with enough of it, you could even suspend chairs/lamps. (be careful not to suspend fragile things)

ETA: Just make sure you're ready for his come back. He sounds more creative than you, so it might be a losing battle. I had a warrant officer while I was in the army that got ballsy enough to try to prank me. He had a very interesting day and took about 12 hours to find all of the LITTLE things I did.

I even got into his facebook, created a couple of groups 'Fucking with ski' and another one 'and leaving my computer unlocked', then liked them on his profile so it said he 'likes fucking with ski and leaving his computer unlocked'. Then I changed his language to Korean and almost changed his password on him (we did that to someone else instead). Not to mention taking the wheels off of his chair, moving his 3 monitor plugs around so they were out of order, putting white out on his desk phone so he couldn't see who was calling him or who he was calling... among other things. :)

He called a truce after that.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

So how did it come to be, you being the owner of the house, that you rent out 2 rooms in your house and the people you rented to more or less have teamed up to goof on you?
Both those stunts they pulled so far took some time to put together...definitely a little more time consuming then say, ringing someones doorbell and leaving a burning bag of dog shit in front of the door and running off.
Depending on how far your willing to take this, I say bring in the live spiders. Just don't be suprised if their next stunt gets wilder too.
Look at the bright side, you've got all the people here who'll put their heads together for you as your prank war escalates.
In the end ill bet someone's gonna be sorry this ever started...

If they are coming home late at night, fill a glove with sawdust and make it wet. Then tack the glove so it goes over the light switch. When they get home, and try to turn on the light, they will get a clammy hand instead...
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Learned lots of pranks at my former job in a car audio garage. I figured out how to wire a pain-generating siren to a relay and switch, powered by a power drill battery. Put the contraption in my roommate's dresser drawer so when he got up at 6am to grab a pair of undie's he basically had a heart attack.

Snicker's under a car door handle. That was gross.

Poured a bottle of confetti into his defroster vents in his car and turned the fan switch to high. Next morning when he got in and turned the ignition on, it looked like a new years eve party!
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

My favorite prank of all time . . .

Go to a store and buy one of those greeting cards that play music when you open it, remove the device, run and hide wires to it so you can trigger it remotely and hide the actual device somewhere really good like an air vent or possibly in the over head.

Trigger it to play for about 10 seconds. Just long enough for the victim to notice, but never long enough for them to actually find it.

MANY years ago I had one hooked up over an office mate's cubical. Only set it off every once in awhile. Was fairly awesome.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b278/

Where's that fucking cricket??:D

I actually hid one of these at the dz, stuck to a metal leg of a sewing machine table... one that a guy that hated me would set up his air mattress and sleep next to every night.

He never did find the cricket that kept chirping. :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Yep, you turn it on with the switch and then you can adjust the frequency range (randomly between general amounts of time). On the furthest setting, the batteries will last a month or so.

There are two small magnets that work great for just sticking it somewhere metal and a protection layer so it doesn't short circuit against it.

Pf. Just buy one of these and install it in his room somewhere he's not likely to find it (tape it under a chair or desk or something maybe.)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8c52/

Whoops! I see someone's way ahead of me! Heh heh. I like the classic model.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

A few prank stories from my life. Some were over the top, some were just right.

When my brother was about 6 he wanted to see the movie Creepshow. Mom vetoed, dad went "Bah he's old enough to make his own decisions" and said he'd take him as long as he promised that he wouldn't start sleeping in mom and dad's bed again.

Sure enough the movie scared the bejesus out of him, and dad decided to win the father of the year award. If you haven't seen Creepshow, there's a scene involving bugs, and I'll leave it at that. Dad heard my brother having a nightmare, snuck into the bedroom and pulled back the sheet. Then he dumped two jumbo economy bags of plastic halloween bugs on him, and put the sheet back in place. Then he woke up my brother and said "HEY! It was only-" *yanks back the sheet* "A DREAM!"

He shit his pants. Literally. 30 years later he's still not ok with bugs in any capacity. He laughs about it and tells the story all the time, but it did fuck him up pretty bad. Mom told the story at divorce court, you can guess how that went.

____

When I first moved to Australia, dad decided to hide in the closet where we kept the towels and sheets and stuff while I was super jetlagged. I went to get a towel to shower and wake up, and he jumped out and grabbed me. I didn't need the shower to wake up after that.

_____

In retaliation for the above, I waited a while until I'd been living with dad long enough to learn his habits. One of those habits was that without fail, he'd wake up at around 130am to use the restroom. That restroom was VERY narrow in the entryway and then opened up, and one evening I scurried up above the door by chimney-climbing and laying in wait. Sure enough he came in right on schedule without turning on the light, and I waited until he was actually peeing before I made a gentle hissing sound. He stood up very straight before pivoting and looking up at he would have perceived only as a blur (he's blind as a bat without his glasses). I then screeched at him like an insane pterodactyl and he reacted by spinning, pissing all over the bathroom, slipping in the piss, falling and knocking himself out.

I think I won.

______

A few years later when I had my own place, I went over to visit him and was using his toilet, where the bathroom door was about 14" to the left of my feet. Suddenly, a butcher knife blade slid under the door. ON FIRE.

Apparently I made a homer simpson-like scream.

___

The most recent prank, which was retaliation for the above, is actually on video, and can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mzd4CUrUME

The war continues…
cavete terrae.

Another one I've only heard about (never tried) is to pop the case of a computer tower open, take a molex connector and grab the yellow and black wires (+12v and ground) and hook them to a SOS pad, shove a few smoke bomb fuses into the pad. It will heat up and light the fuses, then start SPEWING smoke.

Like I said, never tried it... though I do have a computer or two laying around... :)

A prank that works quite well:

Into the bed of your roommate, put a toilet brush (new and clean if you're nice) under the sheets approx. where his torso will lay. With thin and hard to see nylon wire, tie the brush to the cork of a bottle filled with water (or another liquid if you're not nice) that you hide under the sheets also, at the foot of the bed. Insert the cork into the bottle with just enough force to keep it watertight.

Ideally, you should wait for the right night to do this, when you know that your roommate will come home late and won't have much hours of sleep.

When he'll open the sheets to get into his bed, he'll see/feel the brush and most probably will throw it away, yanking the cork from the bottle by doing so. Then hearing the gurgling water (glass bottle are better for the rich noise ;) ), he will slowly realize that getting a few hours of sleep in his cozy bed won't happen that night B|

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

My wife and I have a stash of annoy-a-trons if we need them. There'a already some representations as to their efficacy.

Since it seems more annoyance, there are some things to do. One is to sign a roommate up for every free-trial piece of junk mail you can. It's quite spectacular, really.

Cars have loads of things that can be done, from mild annoyance to downright nasty.

Another one to do is just chuckle next time you see him. "Oh, nothing. Got any more pranks planned?" Just chuckle every time. Avert your eyes to some random spot and he'll start searching. Sometimes getting themselves is great.

Get someone to call the house and ask for you when he's there and you aren't. Start off with, "this is x at the "city" blood banks. Mr. [Your name] recently provided a donation and it is very important that we speak with him. Do you have any contact information for him?"
"In accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, policy memo date 11-24-2012, I must advise you that you may have been exposed to a contagious pathogen. A program is available to provide you an immediate, free and anonymous screening to ensure that you have not been exposed and at the conclusion of this call I will transfer you to our pathology center for AFB screening. Please hold."

Let the call transfer to you.

My wife is hotter than your wife.