grue

Do you take it personally and hold a grudge when a friend trolls you for fun?

I just had someone "defriend" me on facebook because I was baiting him into an argument just out of Sunday morning boredom :D

I have to paraphrase because I can't screenshot the conversation now that he deleted me, but:

He posted something about having "Scottish pride", and I replied with something along the lines of "How can you have pride about being Scottish, it's not even a real country"

"How are we not a real country??"

"What's the internet domain for Scotland? Australia has AU, Canada has CA, Ireland has IE, Spain has ES, etc…"

"We don't have one"

"QED, not a real country"

"Well we're part of the UK"

"Yeah, a real country DEFINITELY doesn't have someone else's head of state on their money"

"Well the Queen is head of state of a lot of countries"

"Yeah that's why we can't take England seriously either. They've got Canada's leader on their money, for fuck's sake!"

It's all in good fun, and hopefully he'll calm down later. Surely he should know me after this many years, right? :D
cavete terrae.

The internet is not a particularly great place to kid people because a lot of times people can't tell if you're kidding or not. Couple that with some people's horrible abilities to communicate in general and it's a mess.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

The internet is not a particularly great place to kid people because a lot of times people can't tell if you're kidding or not. Couple that with some people's horrible abilities to communicate in general and it's a mess.

That's a good point. WAY TO TAKE THE FUN OUT OF THINGS! :D
cavete terrae.

riddler

He'll feel better after he's painted his face blue and killed a few Englishmen.

I'll take death over having to listen to bagpipes all day.

Hey! Bagpipes are cool!:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXV0cir4-E
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Dang!! I do that. I don't see it ad trolling but just teasing. Though teasing about a country is tricky people do take offense. But to unfriend someone over it? eeekkk! woah wait a minute. Are you from New Zealand ? Hell, thats not a country either. :P

Or is that the Australian flag? Dang

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

quade

plus 1 look what happened to me re internet posts made enemies for life of those I never met personally ! get hatemail world wide now. done well have I not NOT !!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

Life is a very short journey and you only get to make it once - so, if you can make some great friends and piss off enough arseholes along the way - that's a result in my books :-)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

wrightskyguy

Good thing that you didn't point out how inferior the Scottish soccer leagues are in relation to real countries.

I didn't know they played Soccer in Scotland.

. . . And Scotland is a REAL Country!>:(

:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Do my friends troll me?? No way - never... Do they tease me CONSTANTLY?? HELL YES!!! :D:D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss