npgraphicdesign

Your best relationship advice...

Lick the B-hole it shows you care.

Ok seriously be honest, and like someone before you love them. That takes time because to like someone you should know them first.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The best relationships come when you already have a good enough life of your own that you want to share it, and also when you make sure and remember what you respect about your partner (and not just like or lust after).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Marriage is betting half of everything you own that you'll only sleep with one person for the rest of your life. I don't like the odds:)

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Stay single :P

Keep your own interests, your own space and don't expect to do absolutely everything together. Have some shared interests but also plan time apart.
Allow each other to grow

My ex couldn't do any of the above, hence I am divorced and will never get married again.
For anyone who says "never say never as never is a long time", so is "forever" and I'm not promising that to anyone again. A long term relationship is fine, a legal commitment to someone else just isn't going to happen.......

A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

LuckyMcSwervy

Seriously....

Tomorrow isn't promised.

Wish I would have remembered this one. Met and dated the first girl I've ever really had an interest in being with forever. Before you know it, I start thinking "Oh I can put off doing ____ for now, we've always got next weekend." Or "She'll understand, I'll take her out tomorrow instead." Turns out the forever mentality bit me in the ass and I just got dumped because it seems like I don't care anymore.

Lesson learned: You never know when you're with someone for the last time, make it count.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Be honest and treat each other with respect. Don't forget to keep doing fun stuff together - even when times are tough, laughter is good for the soul.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

PixieUK

Stay single :P

Keep your own interests, your own space and don't expect to do absolutely everything together. Have some shared interests but also plan time apart.
Allow each other to grow

x2
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

npgraphicdesign

...and go! ;)

Do you realize you are asking for relationship advice from a bunch of *skydivers*???:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.