riddler

Skydiving Ex

There are plenty of ex-couples at my DZ that are just about to kill each other, but they're all too stubborn to give up skydiving at the same dropzone, so all they do is create drama at the DZ. "Powered by Gravity" ... Bullshit! "Powered by DRAMA" describes the sport of skydiving.

At first, it all seems cool, good vibes, good vibrators, cheap alcohol, cheap sex, good jumping, good jumping on each other. Then that bitch/asshole shows their-self for the true cunt/pussy that she/he really is. Wanting you to pay for her/his skydive, fix her/his AAD, buy her/him a new rig, and when THAT doesn't happen, Oh, Boy, WATCH OUT! "I thought you loved me", "but honey, I need to skydive, too!", "Why did I even get a tattoo of your name on my genitalia?", "I suppose you aren't going to share your mushrooms with me, either" and "I even got your herpes so we could be together forever!"

Now, I'm not saying that two skydivers can't make things work. Why, I literally know THREE couples that have great relationships, skydive together and are married to each other (hint, they've all been moderators here at some point).

So all I'm saying is, if you want to have fun for many years at the DZ, then do NOT get involved with another skydiver, because that will make things suck. Unless you're willing to be a moderator here on dz.com, then you've got a chance. What do you think?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I think it doesn't always have to work that way.

I married a skydiver. 32 years together, 30 of those married to each other. Before that, I dated other skydivers, mostly without too much drama: nothing that wouldn't have happened in another setting, anyway :). We still shared the same DZs.

For a gal, being in a relationship with a wuffo, well, it never worked for me. As it's been said, recently, in another thread, most men can't deal with women who have bigger cajones than they do. ;)

I might even go so far as to say, it's easier for men jumpers to date non jumping women than the other way around. To say nothing of the ratio of men to women favoring the women.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

riddler

There are plenty of ex-couples at my DZ that are just about to kill each other, but they're all too stubborn to give up skydiving at the same dropzone, so all they do is create drama at the DZ. "Powered by Gravity" ... Bullshit! "Powered by DRAMA" describes the sport of skydiving.

At first, it all seems cool, good vibes, good vibrators, cheap alcohol, cheap sex, good jumping, good jumping on each other. Then that bitch/asshole shows their-self for the true cunt/pussy that she/he really is. Wanting you to pay for her/his skydive, fix her/his AAD, buy her/him a new rig, and when THAT doesn't happen, Oh, Boy, WATCH OUT! "I thought you loved me", "but honey, I need to skydive, too!", "Why did I even get a tattoo of your name on my genitalia?", "I suppose you aren't going to share your mushrooms with me, either" and "I even got your herpes so we could be together forever!"

Now, I'm not saying that two skydivers can't make things work. Why, I literally know THREE couples that have great relationships, skydive together and are married to each other (hint, they've all been moderators here at some point).

So all I'm saying is, if you want to have fun for many years at the DZ, then do NOT get involved with another skydiver, because that will make things suck. Unless you're willing to be a moderator here on dz.com, then you've got a chance. What do you think?

sounds like she's enjoying the break up more than you are:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Funny... I have read a couple posts now on the danger of drama involved in dating at DZ's. But that danger is present in ANY social circle. The danger of showing up at the same parties as ex's, the danger of seeing ex's with old friends.. this is not a danger endemic to DZ's. It is pretty much everywhere. It is part of the human condition.
Edit:
I guess what I am saying is live and love. Try not to foster drama, but don't live in fear of it either.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

I'm still trying to figure out who you're talking about. :ph34r:

Edit: Oh wait, I figured it out. I forgot about the Quitters ex-mods.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There's people who will always create drama around their relationships (and failed relationships) and people who will always be mature about it. I don't think skydivers are special in this regard.

Frankly, in my area, I've witnessed a lot more mature breakups than drama-fests. I know lots of skydivers who've dated other skydivers where both have moved on and can still "share" the DZ. Sure, it may take a little while of awkward interactions or avoiding contact, but it only turns into a dramarama if you let it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NorrinRadd

Funny... I have read a couple posts now on the danger of drama involved in dating at DZ's. But that danger is present in ANY social circle. The danger of showing up at the same parties as ex's, the danger of seeing ex's with old friends.. this is not a danger endemic to DZ's. It is pretty much everywhere. It is part of the human condition.
Edit:
I guess what I am saying is live and love. Try not to foster drama, but don't live in fear of it either.

The problem with DZ's is that they are a lot scarcer thab let's say bars and clubs... Furthermore, it's a small world so you'll run into your ex sooner or later, at a boogie for instance.

This didn't stop me from having a healthy relationship with another skydiver, of course..:)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

1) Nothing quite drives that knife home like bumping into an ex somewhere and obviously being happier than they are.

2) When it's short it says "Shorties!". When it's long it says "Shorties bar and grill! Best Barbecue in all of Texas! Open Monday - Saturday 10 AM - 7 PM! Bring all your friends and come on out! Eat at Shorties!"
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

skymama

I'm still trying to figure out who you're talking about. :ph34r:

Edit: Oh wait, I figured it out. I forgot about the Quitters ex-mods.

I CAN'T QUIT YOU!
Remster

riddler

So all I'm saying is, if you want to have fun for many years at the DZ, then do NOT get involved with another skydiver, because that will make things suck.

I don't mind dating a skydiver ... that has her home DZ elsewhere! But for me, girls at my home DZ are asexual people.
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

I don't mind dating a skydiver ... that has her home DZ elsewhere!

That was working for me until he changed his home dz to mine and started working there. Guess that means I'm stuck with him, 'cause I don't want any drama. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Squeak

***There are plenty of ex-couples at my DZ that are just about to kill each other, but they're all too stubborn to give up skydiving at the same dropzone, so all they do is create drama at the DZ. "Powered by Gravity" ... Bullshit! "Powered by DRAMA" describes the sport of skydiving.

sounds like she's enjoying the break up more than you are:ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah and what's her name? I don't want to get those herpes and be together forever.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

NWFlyer

There's people who will always create drama around their relationships (and failed relationships) and people who will always be mature about it. I don't think skydivers are special in this regard

I think whenever you are in a tightly knit group (friends, jumpers, work) dating/breakups have a lot of potential for awkwardness...

Still... I've had breakups where I never saw the person again... Sure, moving on is quicker, but the sudden change is still really *weird* (not to mention a little bit traumatising). :|

Only ever had one completely easy breakup... A great friend but absolutely no chemistry... We decided to just stay friends... Turned out for the better because he's gay!! (And still a great friend :P)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

Only ever had one completely easy breakup... A great friend but absolutely no chemistry... We decided to just stay friends... Turned out for the better because he's gay!!

Well, that would explain the lack of chemistry. :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

Only ever had one completely easy breakup... A great friend but absolutely no chemistry... We decided to just stay friends... Turned out for the better because he's gay!!

Well, that would explain the lack of chemistry. :D:D:D

Yup!! :D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss