crazydiver

International Health Insurance Options

My wife and I are moving to Chile in one month and need to secure private health insurance (at least in the short term) for when we arrive. We'll be there for at least 12 months. I'll be doing some tandems and AFF each week at a local dropzone for income so we will need long term insurance that will cover professional skydiving. I've looked at IHI Bupa (kinda pricey), HTH Global Citizen (seems good), and Cigna. IHI Bupa definitely covers professional skydiving if you buy one of the pricier plans. Not sure on the other two I listed.

Anyone have experience seeking a private plan for being abroad and specifically anyone who needed coverage for professional skydiving activities? I don't want "travel insurance" as I want the coverage to be considered "creditable coverage" for when we return to the US (although I realize some of the obamacare stuff may make that unnecessary starting Jan 1). I want long term medical insurance.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Travis