dropdeded

Smokejumpers

Visited the Siskiyou Smokejumpers Museum in Cave Junction Oregon this past weekend and was taken on a tour by I believe his name was Hugh Rosenburg. That was really interesting and informative. Wondering if there's any smokejumpers on here??
HIGHLY recommend checking out the museum if your in the area!! The gear, the experiences and stories, really cool stuff!
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

In Key West, I met a cross dressing man (with his sugar daddy) who was getting his nails done at the station next to me. He was about 6'2", skinny as a rail, and claimed he was a smoke jumper "in his younger years" (he's about 50 now). He said they jumped from a water tanker plane at about 300' with 500 pounds of gear on, not static line. I said impressive and just laughed on the inside. :S

Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

In Key West, I met a cross dressing man (with his sugar daddy) who was getting his nails done at the station next to me. He was about 6'2", skinny as a rail, and claimed he was a smoke jumper "in his younger years" (he's about 50 now). He said they jumped from a water tanker plane at about 300' with 500 pounds of gear on, not static line. I said impressive and just laughed on the inside. :S

Sounds like he was dropping cargo pallets, slipped, and accidentally rode one out.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***In Key West, I met a cross dressing man (with his sugar daddy) who was getting his nails done at the station next to me. He was about 6'2", skinny as a rail, and claimed he was a smoke jumper "in his younger years" (he's about 50 now). He said they jumped from a water tanker plane at about 300' with 500 pounds of gear on, not static line. I said impressive and just laughed on the inside. :S

Sounds like he was dropping cargo pallets, slipped, and accidentally rode one out.:D

HUNDREDS of times? :D:D:D:D

I asked if he wanted to meet me at Skydive Key West and jump with me. I know they're a tandem factory and don't fly funjumpers any longer but I hate when people lie to me face and wanted to let him know I knew he was full of shit without being toooooo douchey. :|

LuckyMcSwervy

I asked if he wanted to meet me at Skydive Key West and jump with me. I know they're a tandem factory and don't fly funjumpers any longer but I hate when people lie to me face and wanted to let him know I knew he was full of shit without being toooooo douchey. :|

It was his french maid outfit that gave it away, right? Pretty sure Norman Mclean wrote that one dude in Missoula was into Flapper wear when not on the line. :P
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

LuckyMcSwervy

:D:D:D He's so . . . macho!! :P

buff

It was his french maid outfit that gave it away, right? Pretty sure Norman Mclean wrote that one dude in Missoula was into Flapper wear when not on the line. :P

He was wearing a jeans mini-skirt, a light purple tank top, flip flops, full make up, matching necklace and earrings and a Coach purse. His nails were french manicure, IIRC. I think his pedi color was bright pink, IIRC. I thought I had a secret squirrel cell phone pic of shim but it was of a guy at the beach in a thread bare banana hammock.

Oh, his Sugar Daddy looked like he was dug up from the local cemetery.

Sorry for the thread drift....

A 6'3" cross-dressing "smoke jumper" with pink nails is why we have thread drift :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JohnMitchell

That smoke jumping is amazing. Those guys are incredibly tough to jump those rounds into rough terrain at high altitudes, then go fight fires. I'm amazed at what they do. B|

And those smoke jumpers are probably in awe of anyone who jumps out of a plane with 200 pounds of stupid strapped to their front.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***That smoke jumping is amazing. Those guys are incredibly tough to jump those rounds into rough terrain at high altitudes, then go fight fires. I'm amazed at what they do. B|

And those smoke jumpers are probably in awe of anyone who jumps out of a plane with 200 pounds of stupid strapped to their front.:D

:D:D No kidding. Those gear bundles don't try to kill you. :D