grue

Skydiving Confessions

skymama

What didn't you like about it ?

I felt claustrophobic in it.

I always tell people who ask "what's it like", that a good simulation is to jump a conventional suit while wearing leg-irons and hand-cuffs.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

confessions

New anonymous account to share if you REALLY don't want to post under your own name:

username: confessions
password: confess

Only use it in this thread, fuckers! :D

Guys, this is NEVER a good idea. Mostly because some people may be tempted to "confess" something they really shouldn't and the account isn't actually secure.

With that in mind, I'm banning the account. Please don't do this. It's a very bad idea.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

grue

In this thread, we will post something skydiving related that we are ashamed of, or that people would not expect.

Mine:

In nine years, I have never done a speed star.

I am secretly in love with 2 lady instructors, 2 free-flying girls, and 1 RW girl at my local DZ....

...but I already have a girlfriend :o

quade

Yes, yes, the NSA and FAA are so interested in that time you did that thing and nobody gave a fuck about it they're just waiting on your next post with baited breath. ;)

I bet there are a few DZO's and Aircraft owners that might fit that sarcastic reply.:|

in regards to me: I have never done anything skydiving related that could ever be construed as "incorrect".:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

GooniesKid

I am secretly in love with 2 lady instructors, 2 free-flying girls, and 1 RW girl at my local DZ....

So there are a total of five experienced female jumpers at your DZ?:|

Rosie doesn't count.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Vader, I call bullshit on all of your confessions (except the flat flyer one - I remember being surprised by that one, too).

Not because I don't believe them, but because I'm pretty sure they don't meet the criteria that grue posted: "In this thread, we will post something skydiving related that we are ashamed of, or that people would not expect.":P

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

hcsvader

I've had sex in every aircraft I could break into at a certain boogie.

And maybe a few others along the way.

Was anyone else present who can confirm your story?:|

I want to confess that my avatar isn't really me

Then who was that I was skiing with a few months ago :o:)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ryoder

So there are a total of five experienced female jumpers at your DZ?:|

Rosie doesn't count.:P

Well, to be honest, 99% of all the chicks are the DZ are hot and have mad skills.
But if i were to have a top-5 starting line/starting string it would be the 2 lady instructors, 2 free-flying girls, and 1 RW girl.

And Rosie is awesome,,never complains, never gives excuses, and is always available 24/7 ;)

I just figured you didn't have heals to go with the dress and Dillards wasn't having a sale that week.

Ha, you're funny. :P Most of the time I wear sensible shoes anyway because I have an aching old lady hip!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

NWFlyer

Vader, I call bullshit on all of your confessions (except the flat flyer one - I remember being surprised by that one, too).

Not because I don't believe them, but because I'm pretty sure they don't meet the criteria that grue posted: "In this thread, we will post something skydiving related that we are ashamed of, or that people would not expect.":P

Hmmm asides from being a flat flyer.... I have no shame and i dont really think I could surprise anyone with anything else.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

forgive me Skygods for I have sinned. My last confession was ......... well, I have never confessed..
The truth is; One time, while flying to altitude with a newer student...I farted in the 182. The stench was so bad I immediately stopped giggling to myself and briefly paused on the thought that the pilot sitting beside me, may not see the humor in last nights lunch. To my horror I was absolutely correct. Watching her dry heave twice, she ripped the window open and gasped at the fresh air coming in. Looking directly at me I knew I was screwed. I mean, the look I was getting from that pilot reminded me of my mom when (at the age of 7) I accidently set the carpet on fire trying to smoke one of grandmas cigarettes....

I PANICKED......and in a state of self preservation,.....

I......

I.. BLAMED THE POOR DEFENSELESS NEWBIE !!!!!!
I mean, who was gonna believe his pithy I didn't do it rant? What's he got, like 20 jumps?
For weeks (well days) I felt horrible (ok seriously it was a good 2 hrs), and I carried the burden of guilt with me... *In my defense, she was threatening to pump my eyes shut worse than a raccoon in a bar fight....*

To repent, this weekend I will do 3 horny Gs and a solo sitfly:):)

I never got a license. :$

I almost never needed it, and it always seemed like money I never wanted to spend at the time.

I never ever had to produce one to do demos, TV stuff, etc...

It did bite me once. I was invited on a women's world record attempt and couldn't do it because I couldn't produce a license. :(

And it turned out to be a real world record. :(:(:(

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

airdvr

I could have had a 4 digit D-License but didn't care about it until it was too late.

Same here...in the mid 5000 range, my buddy Kaptian K and I got the paperwork for a D signed off the same day - he sent his in...I bought some plant material instead.

~ I use to pack my own reserve and use a nickel & hammer to made a passable seal...used the $ I saved to buy plant material. :$

~ I flew the club jump ship for 3-4 years without a license...The Kaptian used to let me tag along and observe lessons when we were in college and he was a CFI - later the guys at our club DZ just figured since HE was legal so was I. :)

* I prolly could have passed the exam but it cost more than it was worth to me back then...needed the $ for 'plant material' :ph34r:

Since I got away from the agricultural segment of the sport I not only remember more of the stuff I did/do, I have the paperwork to show for it! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~