grue

Skydiving Confessions

grue

***I've never intentionally done CRW with anyone.

I haven't either [:/] Nobody wants to play with me because I've got HMA lines :D

I ain't skert of HMA, nine cells or even regular pilot chutes--I'll do CRW with anyone! My confession is that my sig line is partially true--the flying like plywood part.
Dang.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

GooniesKid

***In this thread, we will post something skydiving related that we are ashamed of, or that people would not expect.

Mine:

In nine years, I have never done a speed star.

I haven't actually made a skydive yet :o

Would you talk about it here if you did? Seems like the last thing you want to talk about on this site is skydiving.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I didn't do it, I'm really sorry and I'll never do it again.

When I had 75 jumps a guy went in. My first question, was how long I had to wait before I ask his widow to buy his gear.
I use to jump demo gear at boggies, then pretend I didn't know how to pack it.
I did a cut away at the nationals on an accuracy jump, just to get a freebie.
I've snuck on many a DC3.
I lent Scotty my Tri-con main and packed him a special opening.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

I didn't do it, I'm really sorry and I'll never do it again.

When I had 75 jumps a guy went in. My first question, was how long I had to wait before I ask his widow to buy his gear.
I use to jump demo gear at boggies, then pretend I didn't know how to pack it.
I did a cut away at the nationals on an accuracy jump, just to get a freebie.
I've snuck on many a DC3.
I lent Scotty my Tri-con main and packed him a special opening.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
cavete terrae.

I was once in freefall with about 10 close friends at night at 2800'

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I left my first wife (no kids) so I could continue to learn how to jump unimpeded by her objections. As I got older I understood her concerns more and felt bad about the way I left. Last time I saw her was in 2005 at a funeral of a mutual friend. I had the urge to apologize but didn't think it was a good time (I'm pretty certain her husband wouldn't have thought it was a good time). She died in 2010 at age 49. I never apologized.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

I left my first wife (no kids) so I could continue to learn how to jump unimpeded by her objections. As I got older I understood her concerns more and felt bad about the way I left. Last time I saw her was in 2005 at a funeral of a mutual friend. I had the urge to apologize but didn't think it was a good time (I'm pretty certain her husband wouldn't have thought it was a good time). She died in 2010 at age 49. I never apologized.

Damn dude....that's cold. Lesson learned..if i have a chance to apologize i will.

FlyingRhenquest

******In this thread, we will post something skydiving related that we are ashamed of, or that people would not expect.

Mine:

In nine years, I have never done a speed star.

I haven't actually made a skydive yet :o

Would you talk about it here if you did? Seems like the last thing you want to talk about on this site is skydiving.

LOL..i'm just kidding bro :P
I've done a skydive or 2 ;)

grue

In this thread, we will post something skydiving related that we are ashamed of, or that people would not expect.

I don't do head-down because, after 15K jumps, I'm too bull-headed to allow some kid with 200 jumps teach me how to do it. I've seen 11-yr old tunnel rats who could teach me also.
If you leave the plane without a parachute, you will be fine for the rest of your life.