promise5

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

promise5

***Where was this? I'm pretty sure that my first jump was out of that aircraft.

Alaska
But, wait how long ago was your first jump???:S:S

My first jump was in 1994. It was out of this airplane http://www.iplummet.com/aircraft.html. I'm thinking that this is the same 206. You wouldn't happen to have a picture with the N-number, would you?
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

SansSuit

******Where was this? I'm pretty sure that my first jump was out of that aircraft.

Alaska
But, wait how long ago was your first jump???:S:S

My first jump was in 1994. It was out of this airplane http://www.iplummet.com/aircraft.html. I'm thinking that this is the same 206. You wouldn't happen to have a picture with the N-number, would you?
I don't but I can get one. The only other pic shows 2 numbers a 94 and it looks like a F after the 4 and then in another pic I see a 4 before the 7. Any help? I found a pic but its in the distance. I looked at your pic and it looks like the plane.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I don't but I can get one. The only other pic shows 2 numbers a 94 and it looks like a B after the 4. I looked at your pic and holy crap that looks like the plane. That could be an F.
But, hang on isn't that a little OLD for a plane:o

The young one has much to learn. ;) Jump aircraft are routinely older planes. We get the aircraft that aren't used by particular people any longer. This particular aircraft was manufactured in 1967. It's just a baby.

I checked the N-number. You and I, in fact, made our first jumps out of the same airplane. 19+ years apart. I think that makes us related. :)
BTW, Congrats on your jump!
Peace,
-Dawson.

Wait what???? 1967? It was made in 1967. Holy crap!!!! Ok I can deal with that but please don't tell me the jumpers were naked on it. Dang! lol

Thanks, I loved it. The most freeing experience ever!!!
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Wait what???? 1967? It was made in 1967. Holy crap!!!! Ok I can deal with that but please don't tell me the jumpers were naked on it. Dang! lol

I don't think he made his first jump naked.

But, realistically, there were probably naked jumpers in it at one point. Either in the air or on the ground.

And 46 isn't that old.

I routinely jump out of a '58 model 182.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

promise5

I suspect the list of jump planes that had naked people in them is a LOT longer than the list of ones without, (assuming the latter list exists).:P

Hell, I've jumped out of Captain Koolaid, so *naked* people don't bother me.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

Wait what???? 1967? It was made in 1967. Holy crap!!!! Ok I can deal with that but please don't tell me the jumpers were naked on it. Dang!

Deal. I won't tell you that there have been many, many, naked jumps out of that plane.

At the same time, I won't tell you that just about every jump airplane that you will ever skydive from has been jumped naked.
Peace,
-Dawson.

SansSuit

Deal. I won't tell you that there have been many, many, naked jumps out of that plane.

At the same time, I won't tell you that just about every jump airplane that you will ever skydive from has been jumped naked.

And don't tell her about the naked people jumping each other in the plane while the bonfire party is in full swing that night.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

Captain koolaid?

DC-3 (or maybe a C-47).
Kool Aid pitcher painted on the tail, except the eyes were X's, and the mouth was upside down.
It had once been used to ferry the victims of the Jim Jones cult from Guyana back to the US.

Grats on the tandem! Love talking to the tandem passenger before and after for these reason!

Alaska huh? I would listen to some people here and do a "A in a week" program somewhere in the states that would make you a skydiver before next year!

What's the season period like in Alaska?
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

They hope to be open by May next year I think and then they're done in October. So that's not bad I don't think. I'm nervous about going somewhere to do AFF I don't want to stress over not doing things perfect in a short time frame. But who knows flights to Seattle,Phoenix and Vegas are pretty cheap in winter so maybe I'll catch one. I just want to get back in the air!
Believe me I tried.

promise5

They hope to be open by May next year I think and then they're done in October. So that's not bad I don't think. I'm nervous about going somewhere to do AFF I don't want to stress over not doing things perfect in a short time frame. But who knows flights to Seattle,Phoenix and Vegas are pretty cheap in winter so maybe I'll catch one. I just want to get back in the air!

There are several Tunnel Camps that give you the basics of freefall and control.
It's just the door demons, emergency procedures, and exits you have to learn from a plane. Well, that is way too oversimplified isn't it.:D

Some people are going to pick this apart - but Oh well. It is the interweb thing afterall.:P
It's just ONE example.
That said . . .
I went through SDU and it helped me alot.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Stumpy

I routinely jump out of a '58 model 182.

Much better idea than landing in that rickety old thing! :P

Meh. I fly it too, so I know what kind of shape it's really in.

Actually, I was in it on Saturday, riding up with a tandem pair and my 2way partner. The tandem student was a little apprehensive about how much weight was on board (she was pretty sure that we were overweight). I was able to calm her by telling her that I was also a pilot and that if we were doing anything that was dangerous, then I wouldn't have gotten on it in the first place. It helped when I explained that we gained a lot of capacity when we took out the most of the interior.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo